- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The effect of perceived father communication, emotional expressiveness and gender identity on self-efficacy of nursing college female students
간호여대생의 지각된 부와의 의사소통, 부의 정서표현, 성정체성이 자기효능감에 미치는 영향
- Kang, Young Suk (Department of Nursing, Busan Women College)
- 강영숙 (부산여자대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.05.10
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study was conducted to investigate the factors influencing perceived father communication, emotional expressiveness and gender identity on self-efficacy of female nursing college students. Data were collected from 270 female nursing students in B city, from May 23, 2016 to May 27 and then analyzed by ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and multiple regression using SPSS/WIN 21.0. The degree of self-efficacy among female nursing students was
Communication;Emotional expressiveness;Gender identity;Nursing female student;Self-efficacy
Supported by : 부산여자대학
- A. Y. Kim, J. E. Cha, "Self-efficacy and measurement", Proceeding of Winter Conference of Korean Educational Psychology Association, pp. 51-64, 1996.
- A. Bandura, "Social foundations of thought and action", N. S. : Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- H. J. Moon, "The relationships between parental child-learning practices in early childhood and the perceived self-efficacy of college students", Family and Environment Research, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 141-152, 1999.
- I. S. Jang, S. J. Chang, "The mediating effect of self-efficacy between mother's rearing attitude and peer relationship", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 291-313, 2012.
- Y. S. Eo, K. R. Lee, S. S. Choi, "Ego-identity, self-efficacy and the independence of his parents with college and adjustment in freshman of nursing school", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 3073-3084, 2011.
- S. H. Jang, S. H. Lee, "Self-esteem, parent-adolescent communication, friend's sexual attitude and sexual permissiveness in college students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 395-406, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.4.395 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.4.395
- J. Y. Chae, "The influences of fathers' parenting behavior, communication with fathers, and the self-concept of middle school students on their life satisfaction", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 39-48, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2013.31.1.039 https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2013.31.1.039
- H. S. Shin, Y. O. Jang, "The effects of perceived parents-adolescent communication style on adolescent's self-efficacy", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 189-202, 2001.
- C. Y. Nam, S. M. Kim, "The effects of fathering practice on self-esteem and interpersonal relationship ability of adolescents", Journal of Adolescent Welfare, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 315-334, 2011.
- J. H. Park, J Y. Hwang, C. E. Chung, Y. E. Lee, M. S. Yoo, "Difference between groups of perception of father and happiness according to father's control of children", Korean Journal of Counseling, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 1247-1260, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.12.4.201108.1247 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.12.4.201108.1247
- M. A. Yoon, Y. J. Oh, "Study on parent-adolescent child communication types and self-efficacy", The Journal of Child Education, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 115-129, 2004.
- H. S. Kim, S. H. Hong, E. J. Yoon, "The relationship between parent-adolescent communication, self-efficacy, and career decision in adolescents", Studies on Korean Youth, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 37-65, 2005.
- I. J. Choi, "The effects of parent-adolescent communication on adolescent's self-differentiation, depression and anxiety", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 611-628, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2007.26.3.004 https://doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2007.26.3.004
- J. C. Dunsmore, A. G. Halberstadt, "How does family emotional expressiveness affect children's schemas?" New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, vol. 77, pp. 45-68, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/cd.23219977704 https://doi.org/10.1002/cd.23219977704
- E. W. Lindsey, T. Smith, K. Benedict, "Father-child play and children's peer relations. paper presented at the biennial meeting of the society for research in child development", Indianapolis, IN, 1995.
- H. Y. Song, J. A. Ohm, "The relationship between the father's emotional expressiveness, verbal controls and children's social competency", Family and Environment Research, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 87-96, 2007.
- S. Y. Kim, "The relationship of parent-adolescent communication types and sexual consciousness by adolescents", Journal of Student Guidance and Counseling, vol. 28, pp. 63-82, 2010.
- M. K. Hutchinson, T. M. Cooney, "Patterns of parent-teen sexual risk communication: implications for intervention", Family Relation, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 185-194, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/585623 https://doi.org/10.2307/585623
- M. K. Hutchinson, "The influence of sexual risk communication between parents and daughters on sexual behaviors", Family Relation, vol. 51, no. 3, pp238-547, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-3729.2002.00238.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-3729.2002.00238.x
- B. S. Hong, "A study on british government's intervention and strategies for youth in prostitution", Korean Association of Criminology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 387-424, 2007.
- M. K. Jeon, M. S. Kim, "A study on relationships among parent-adolescent communication, self differentiation, self esteem, life stress in nursing department students", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 293-302, 2013.
- H. Y. Min, Y. J. Lee, Y. M. Lee, "College students' internalizing and externalizing problems: parent-child communication and adjustment to college life", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 17-27, 2004.
- J. H. Park, T. H. Kim, "A study on sexual behavior among university students-focus on communication characteristics with parents and university students' sexual attitude and communication", Journal of Family Relations, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 75-101, 2005.
- E. J. Yeun, H. J. Kwon, H. J. Kim, "Subjectivity of nursing college students' awareness of gender equality: an application of Q-methodology", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 342-350, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.3.342 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.3.342
- E. M. Park, "Relationship of students adjustment to college life between parents-adolescents communication types and students' self-esteem", Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung University, Seoul, 1998.
- H. L. Barnes, D. H. Olson, "Parent-adolescent communication and circumplex model", Child Development, vol. 56, pp. 438-447, 1982. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1129732 https://doi.org/10.2307/1129732
- A. G. Harberstadt, J. Cassidy, C. A. Stifter, R. D. Parker, N. A. Fox, "Self-expressiveness within the family context: psychometric support for a new measure", Psychological Assessment, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 93-103, 1995. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/1040-3522.214.171.124 https://doi.org/10.1037/1040-35126.96.36.199
- D. J. Lee, E. J. Lee, "The influences of gender role identity, and gender role attitude career decision-making self-efficacy and career maturity", Korea Journal of Counseling, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 2137-2151, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.4.200912.2137 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.10.4.200912.2137
- K. W. Hong, M S. Kim, Y. S. Han, "The effect of gender identity, satisfaction with one's gender group and collective self-esteem on gender egalitarianism", The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 19-33, 2003.
- A. Y. Kim, "A study on the academic failure-tolerance and its correlates", Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 1-19. 1997.
- K. A. Choi, "The effect of father-adolescents communication, father's emotional expressiveness and gender equality consciousness on self-efficacy of college students", Unpublished master's thesis, Hoseo University.
- Y. J. Park, "A study on college students' gender-role identity & its relationship to sex stereotype and self-consciousness", Unpublished master's thesis, Sokang University, Seoul, 2000.
- H. Y. Kim, S. Y. Kim, H. W. Seo, E. H. So, "Time management behavior and self-efficacy in nursing student", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 293-300, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.293 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.293
- S. M. Kim, S. Y. Park, "The effects of attribution disposition, self-efficacy and clinical competency and satisfaction for clinical practice of students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 3409-3421, 2014.
- S. H. Park, E. K. Byun, "Factors influencing the mental health in college nursing students", Journal of Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 8284-8291, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8284 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8284
- E. H. Hwang, C. M., Hong, S. J. Shin, "Predictors of career decision making self efficacy among nursing students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 3409-3421, 2016..
- A. Y. Kim, I. Y. Park, "Development and validation of the academic self-efficacy", Korean Journal of Educational Research, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 95-123, 2001.
- Y. Lee, K. J. Park, Y. M. Rah, "A study on the development of criterion scores for the attachment Q-test in Korea", Korean Journal of Child Studies, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 131-148, 1997.
- M. A. Kim, J. Kim, E. J. Kim, "Relationships among self-leadership, self-esteem, and interpersonal competence in college freshmen", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 1103-1114, 2014.