- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study of the Small Theater of Traditional Dancing as a Cultural Welfare
문화복지로서의 전통춤의 소극장공연 의미
- Bae, Na-Rae (Dept. of Social Welfare, KonYang Cyber University)
- 배나래 (건양사이버대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2017.05.17
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study examined Korean traditional dancing performances in small theaters as a phenomenological approach. Korean traditional dances, as cultural welfare, are expected to be attractive to the public and our cultural heritage is expected to be inherited from them. The purpose of this study was to provide basic data for Korean tradition dancing to be supplied to the public as a Traditional Cultural Welfare Program. A qualitative approach was taken to best achieve the aims of this study. The data used in this study were collected from July 10th to September 1st, 2016, using in-depth interviews. Seven Korean dance professionals with more than 15 years' experience in traditional dancing performance were enrolledin this study. The traditional dancing performance in small theaters is necessary in terms of providing concert halls to local cultural artists and high quality performances to audiences as traditional cultural welfare. The traditional dancing performance in small theaters as cultural welfare will provide a platform to enjoy various traditional cultures across all ages and all class levels of the society in auniversal dimension.
Cultural Welfare;In-depth interview;Qualitative approach;Small Theater;Traditional Dancing
- Tae Won Kim, "Two articles on the aesthetics of a small theater dance performance-Dance phenomenon of 1986", The performing arts & film review, 91, pp. 106-111, 2015.
- Tae-Seon Cho, Na-Rae Bae, "A Study on Cultural Activity among the Baby-boom Generation", Journal of Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 470-475, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.470 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.470
- Bo Rahm Suh, Ha Rim Jang, Taik Soo Hyun, "A Study on the Development History of Cultural Welfare Policy in Korea", Korean Public Administration History Review, 29, pp95-124, 2011.
- Taik Soo Hyun, "A Study on types of social workers' perception of cultural welfare", Korean Studies, 38, pp. 491-519, 2011.
- Hyun Sung Park, Shik Heo, "An Exploratory Study on the Development of Motivation Factors for Participation in Korean Traditional Arts", Journal of Cultural Economics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 73-102.
- Mi Sook Song, Hye Soon Song, "Humanistic Approach and Basic Dance Motions for Integrated Korean Dance Education", Journal of Korean Dance, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 133-162, 2013.
- Duck Kyung Youn, "The current state of affairs and offering options about preservation and Transmission of Korean Traditional Dance ", Journal of Korean Dance, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 57-76, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15726/jkd.2010.28.2.003 https://doi.org/10.15726/jkd.2010.28.2.003
- Min-Jung Lee, "A Phenomenological Study of the Meaning of Chifdren's Music Activity", Anthropology of Education, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 55-82, 2002.
- Creswell, J. W., Research design: Qualitative & quantitative approaches. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1994.
- Patton, M. Q., Qualitative evaluation and research methods. Newbury Park, CA: Sage, 1991.
- Glassersfeld, E. V., Knowing without metaphysics: Aspects of the radical constructive positions.(p. 21). New York: Longman, 1989.