- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Correlation between Tutor, Peer, Self-Evaluation and Paper Test in Problem-Based Learning
문제중심학습에서 교수평가, 동료평가, 자기평가와 지필시험과의 관계
- Kim, Soo-Jin (Department of Nursing, Cheju Halla University) ;
- Kim, Seong-Hyuk (Department of Nursing, Cheju Halla University)
- Received : 2017.06.12
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The purpose of this study is to investigate the evaluation scores among various evaluators such as tutor, peer, and self evaluation, the lenience and central tendency among these various evaluators, and the correlation between evaluation scores among the various evaluators and the paper test score in the Problem-Based Learning (PBL). For the research, tutor, peer, and self evaluations were carried out with PBL effectiveness evaluation tool for the 105 nursing students taking classes using PBL, and paper test was conducted after the PBL class ended. The collected data were analyzed by SPSS WIN (V. 12.0). The study results showed that peer and self evaluation scores were higher than tutor evaluation score. Also lenience and central tendency were higher and stronger in peer and self evaluation than in tutor evaluation. Paper test score had a significant correlation with tutor evaluation score, but not with peer or self evaluation scores.
Paper test;Peer evaluation;Problem-based learning;Self-evaluation;Tutor evaluation
- J. I. Choi & K. W. Jang, Lessons in Problem-Based Learning, Hakjisa publisher, 2010.
- J. W. Park & O. H. Woo, "PBL's effect on problem solving process by learner's meta cognition level", Journal of Educational Technology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 55-81, 1999. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.15.3.55 https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.15.3.55
- I. A. Kang, J. H. Jung & D. Y. Jung, Problem-Based Learning, Moonumsa publisher, 2010.
- E. B. Lee, O. H. Lee, S. S. Jang, "The feasibility study of the use of self-evaluation and peer-evaluation in a computer practice class at higher education", The Journal of Educational Information and Media, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 65-89, 2015.
- H. M. Cho, "An Assessment tool from the view point of constructivism", The Journal of Education, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 23-41, 2000.
- S. J. Chae, A study on reliability and validity of student assessment in problem based learning -focused on the case of a medical college, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sungshin Women's University, 2004.
- S. J. Chea, "A study on concordance of student assessment in Problem Based Learning of medical schools-focused on the tutor, peer, self-assessment", The Journal of Yeolin Education, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 331-349, 2006.
- S. J. Kim, H. K. Kang, "Problem based learning evaluation and evaluation agents - focused on tutor, peer and self-evaluation", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 3732-37382. 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.8.3732 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.8.3732
- Rezler, A. G., "Self assessment in problem based groups, Medical Teacher", vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 151-156, 1989. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3109/01421598909146318 https://doi.org/10.3109/01421598909146318
- S. J. Kim, J. H. Yang, H. S. Kim, S. G. Chae, J. H. Lim, "Scale Development of Effect on Problem-Based Learning (PBL)", The Journal of Educational Research, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 221-239, 2010.
- J. K. Sim, "An analysis of the validity of performance appraisal in public corporations", Korean Public Administration Review, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 131-153, 2013.
- S. J. Kim, "Problem based learning evaluation and evaluation agents-focused on tutor, peer and self-evaluation", Journal of the Korean Society for Multicultural Health, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 13-19, 2017.
- Sadler P., Good E., "The impact of self and peer-grading on student learning", Educational Assessment, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1-31, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326977ea1101_1 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326977ea1101_1