- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Relationships among Self-efficacy, Disaster Preparedness and Self-leadership in University Students
대학생의 자기효능감, 재난준비도 및 셀프리더십과의 관계
- Lee, Young-Mee (Dept. of Nursing, Kangwon National University)
- 이영미 (강원대학교 도계캠퍼스 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.06.14
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study was conducted to investigate the relationship among self-efficacy, disaster preparedness and self-leadership of university students. Data were collected through questionnaires from 141 students and analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Scheffe's test, and Pearson's correlation coefficients with the SPSS/WIN 19.0 program. The participant's scores for self-efficacy and self-leadership were 3.51 and 3.53, respectively. Disaster preparedness was significantly correlated with self-efficacy and self-leadership of university students, while self-efficacy was significantly correlated with self-leadership. The results of this study indicate that self-efficacy and self-leadership should be carefully considered when developing an intervention program to improve disaster preparedness among university students.
Disaster Preparedness;Self-efficacy;Self-leadership;University student
Supported by : 강원대학교
- E. G. Ahn, S. K. Kim, "Disaster experience, perception and core competencies on disaster nursing of nursing students" The Journal of Digital policy & management, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 257-267, 2013.
- Rheem, S. "Conceptual Inquiry and Policy Challenges on Disaster Management 3.0". Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation. Vol.14, No.4, pp. 213-222, 2014.
- Y. J. Park, E. J. Lee, "A Study on Ego-resilience, Disaster Experience and Core Competencies among Emergence Room Nurses", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 67-79, 2015.
- C. C. Manz, H. P. Sims. "Super-leadership" beyond the myth of heroic leadership", Organizational Dynamics, Vol.19, No.4, pp.18-35, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(91)90051-A https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(91)90051-A
- C. P. Neck, C. C. Manz, "Thouth self-leadership: The impact of mental strategies o employee cognition, behavior, and affect", Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.17, pp.455-467, 1996.
- A, Bandura. Social foundations of thought and action; A social cognitive theory. Englewood Cliiffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1986.
- H. Cho, J. Y. Lee, C. S. Lee, "Develop of self-efficacy enhancement program for the adolescent. Korean Journal of Human Education, Vol. 13, pp. 345-359, 2004.
- Neck, C. P. & Houghton, J. D. "Two decades of self-leadership theory and research : Past developments, present trends, and future possibilities. Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol. 21, pp. 270-295, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02683940610663097 https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940610663097
- K. H. Kang, D. C. Uhm, E. S. Nam " A Study on disaster experience and preparedness of university students", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 18, No. 3. pp. 424-435, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.424
- Chen, G., Gully, M. S. & Eden, D. "Validation of a new general self-efficacy scale". Organizational Research Methods, Vol. 4, No. 1. pp. 62-83, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/109442810141004
- Y. S. Kim. "The effect of the self-leadership on team-work, self-efficacy, job satisfaction, organizational commitment and job performance-forcused on deluxe hotel's wine & dining." Doctoral dissertion. Sejong University. 2008.
- Houghton, J. D., Neck, C. P. "The revised self-leadership questionnare: Testing a hierarchical factor structure for self-leadership." Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol.17. pp. 672-691. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940210450484
- Y. K. Sin, M. S. Kim, Y. S. Han. "A Study on the Validation of the Korean Version of the Revised Self-Leadership Questionnaire(RSLQ) for Korean College Students," Korean journal of school psychology, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 313-334. 2009.
- C. H. Woo, J. Y. Yoo, J. Y. Park. "Experience, Awareness and Preparedness of Disaster among Nursing College Students." Korean Review of Crisis & Emergency Management. Vol. 11. No. 11. pp.19-35. 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14251/krcem.2015.11.11.19 https://doi.org/10.14251/krcem.2015.11.11.19
- Manz. C. C, "Self-leadership: Toward an expanded theory of self influence processes in organizations. Academy of Management Review. Vol. 11, No. 3. pp. 585-600, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5465/amr.1986.4306232. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1986.4306232.
- Y. S. Byeon, J. w. OAK. "Analysis of family function, self-efficacy and self-leadership in adolescents. Journal of Korean Academic Fundamental Nursing. Vol. 19. No. 4, pp. 511-518, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.4.511 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2012.19.4.511
- H. J. Wang, S. A. Jung, H.E. Park, H S. Yoo, Y. H. Bae. "The metacognition, self-efficacy and self-leadership among nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. Vol. 17. No. 9.pp. 619-627. 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.07.9.619 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.07.9.619