- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the factors of SNS information influencing consumers' purchasing intention: focusing on Chinese Weibo
SNS 정보 요인이 소비자 구매의도에 미치는 영향에 대한 연구 : 중국 웨이보를 중심으로
- Lee, Ook (Department of Information Systems, Hanyang University) ;
- Li, Jian-Bin (Department of Information Systems, Hanyang University) ;
- Jee, Myung-Keun (Department of Information Systems, Hanyang University) ;
- Ahn, Jong-Chang (Department of Information Systems, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2017.05.08
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The SNS website can take full advantage of the characteristics of users to conduct e-commerce. The e-commerce website's organizing ability will be greatly strengthened by SNS and creates greater value for consumers. This article examined the Chinese largest SNS (Weibo) users as research objects, and combined the development status of SNS in China. This article focuses on the influence to consumer's purchase intention in three aspects: number of comments, consumer involvement level, and consumer appealing method and examines how the interaction of the number of comments and consumer appealing method affects the purchase intention. An investigation was conducted on 400 users of SNS and using valid questionnaires to perform reliability analysis, validity analysis, independent sample t-test, and double factor variance analysis using SPSS21. The research results indicated that the number of comments and rational appealing method had significant effect on the purchase intention. The mediating or controlling the purchase involvement level will disturb the influence of the number of comments but will have no effect on the information appealing method.
Communication method;Controlling effect;Consumer involvement level;Number of comments;Purchase intention;SNS (Social Network Service)
- China Internet Network Information Center, "China Internet Network Development State Statistic Report", 2013.
- D. M. Boyd, N. B. Ellison, "Social Network Sites: Definition, History, and Scholarship," Journal of Computer Mediated Communication, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 210-230, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00393.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00393.x
- S. Y. Han, Y. W. Kim, B. G. Lee, "The Effects of Characteristics of Social Commerce on Purchase Intention - Focusing on the Moderating Effect of Social Network Service", Journal of Internet Computing and Services, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 171-187, 2011.
- F. D. Davis, R. P. Bagozzi, P. R. Warshaw, "Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology," MIS Quarterly, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 319-340, 1989. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/249008 https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- G. Y. Kwak, Social network analysis, Cheongram publisher, Feb. 2014.
- Nielsen KoreanClick, 2010 KNP survey result report, 2010.
- P. Kotler and G. Armstrong, Principles of Marketing, 14ed. Pearson, 2011.
- G. H. Ahn, Y. W. Ha, H. S. Park, Principles of Marketing, Hak-hyeon publisher, 6th ed., pp. 150-155, 2014.
- Tom M. Y. Lin, Pin Luarn, Y. K. Huang, "Effect of Internet Book Reviews on Purchase Intention: A Focus Group Study", The Journal of Academic Librarianship, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 461-468, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acalib.2005.05.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acalib.2005.05.008
- J. C. Ahn, K. R. Ma, O. Lee, S. Sura, "Do big data support TV viewing rate forecasting? A case study of a Korean TV drama," Information Systems Frontiers, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 411-420, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-016-9659-5 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10796-016-9659-5
- B. S. Kang and G. S. Kim, Statistical analysis of social science (SPSS 17.0), Hannarae Academy, 2009.
- Gilber A. Churchill, A paradigm for developing better measures of marketing constructs, Journal of Marketing Research, pp. 64-73, 1979.