- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Case of Operational Efficiency Improvement in EPS Motor Manufacturing Process Using IE Technique
IE 기법을 활용한 EPS 모터 제조공정의 운영효율성 향상 사례
- Kim, Jung Suop (Dept. of Consulting, Graduate School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Ji Soo (School of Industrial Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2017.05.17
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This paper proposes a procedure to improve the operational efficiency of the automotive parts manufacturing process by applying classical IE techniques composed of process analysis, work method analysis, and motion analysis, and a specific application case is outlined. The proposed procedure was developed originally by the Task Force organized in L company's automotive parts manufacturing business unit. The balance efficiency and production capacity were used as measures of operational efficiency. The developed procedure follows the general procedure of analyzing the phenomenon at the manufacturing shop, deriving an improvement solution to solve the problem, evaluating each derived alternative, and implementing it to the field to achieve productivity improvement. Among the methods used in each phase of the procedure, function analysis used in the waste discovery phase and R&R evaluation method used in the alternative assessment phase are unique techniques developed by L company's TF. The R&R Evaluation method techniques are described in detail because this method is highly applicable and extensible. A case of applying developed procedures to improve the EPS motor manufacturing process is discussed. As a result, the line balance efficiency and production capacity were increased to a satisfactory level.
Balance Efficiency;Function Analysis;IE Technique;Production Capacity;Rate and Return Block Diagram;Waste
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- Michael L. George, Lean Six Sigma: Combining Six Sigma Quality with Lean Speed, pp. 33-38, McGraw-Hill, 2002.
- S. Y. Lee, S. H. Hong, J. H. Kim, "A Process Improvement of the SMPS Assemble Line Using Motion Study and Line Balancing Technique", IE Interfaces, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 155-166, 1998.
- B. W. Kwon, D. H. Lee, J. S. Kim, J. M. Lim, "A Case Study on the Process Improvement Using JIT Concept in a Company", Journal of the Korea Society of Industrial & Systems Engineering, vol. 23, No 55, pp. 43-50, 2000.
- S. H. Park, "The Design of the U-Shaped Assembly Line to Replace Conveyor System", IE Interfaces, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 240-247, 2003.
- J. S. Jang, S. C. Rim, S. C. Park, S. J. Kwon, C. J. Yoon, "Design of Automobile Assembly Line Using Assembly Cell Method", Proceedings of KIIE Conference, pp. 395-402, Fall. 2004.
- Y. H. Lee, S. G. Kwon, H. Lee, H. Lee, C. M. Kim, "A Case Study on Application of Toyota Production System in Korea Global Enterprise", IE Interfaces, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 245-256, 2007.
- D. K. Chung, W. Y. Yun, "A Case Study on Productivity Improvement for Conveyor Assembly Production Line in Medium and Small-Sized Manufacturing Factories", Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 209-219, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2015.41.2.209 https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2015.41.2.209
- D. K. Chung, W. Y. Yun, "A Study on the Shop Management and Improvement Systems in Medium and Small-Sized Manufacturing Factories", Journal of the Korea Management Engineers Society, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 27-52, 2015b.
- D. H. Cho, J. S. Lee, K. W. Lee, "Applying Value Streaming Mapping for Implementing Lean Manufacturing Process : A Case Study", Journal of the Korean Society of Supply Chain Management, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 93-104, 2015.
- Rahani A. R., Muhammad al-Ashraf, Production Flow Analysis through Value Stream Mapping: A Lean Manufacturing Process Case Study, Proceedings of International Symposium on Robotics and Intelligent Sensors, pp. 1727-1734, 2012.
- T. Y. Hwang, C. J. Kwak, "A Study of the Bottleneck Operation on the Assembly Line of Excavator Pumps: A Case of Manufacturer FT", Journal of the Korea Management Engineers Society, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 19-34, 2016.
- Spephen A. Ross, Randolf W. Westerfield, Braford D. Jordan, Corporate Finance Fundamentals, 7th Ed.ition, pp. 399-400, McGraw-Hill, 2007.