- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Underlying Research for Developing VOD Service using Feature-Oriented Analysis Model
피처지향 분석모델을 적용한 VOD 서비스 개발을 위한 기반연구
- KO, Kwangil (School of Techno-Media Convergence, Woosong University)
- 고광일 (우송대학교 테크노미디어융합학부)
- Received : 2017.05.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
VOD (Video-On Demand) Services are considered to be one of the most successful data broadcasting services, along with Electronic Program Guides (EPGs). In particular, VOD services provide supplementary revenue for broadcasting companies in addition to the existing subscription fees and advertisement-based revenue. Therefore, each broadcasting company has developed its own VOD service and constantly seeks to improve it. This leads to the development of new VOD services, so developers are considering ways to effectively handle the frequent development needs. In this background, we conducted underlying research to apply the feature-oriented analysis model to the development of VOD services. The feature-oriented analysis model used in this study is the Feature-Oriented Domain Analysis (FODA) one developed by SEI of Carnegie Mellon University. FODA provides a tool for specifying the feature model of a software domain, based on which the developers can determine the configuration of the software with the customers. This study developed a feature model of the VOD service domain and devised the functionalities and test cases in an integrated manner with the feature model. Additionally, we proposed a VOD service development process utilizing the feature model, function specification, and test cases.
Data Broadcasting Service;Feature-Oriented;FODA;Testcase;Video-On Demand
- H. Kwon and J. Chu, "Current Status and Policies of Data Broadcasting Service in Digital Age", Korea Creative Content Agency (KOCCA), 2002.
- "Current Status and Implications of Data Broadcasting Service Market", DIGIECO, 2008.
- Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University: http://www.sei.cmu.edu
- K. Kang, et. al., "Feature-Oriented Domain Analysis (FODA) Feasibility Study", CMU/SEI-90-TR-21 ESD-90-TR-222, 1990.
- K. Kang, M. Kim, M. Min, J. Lee, B. Kim, "Feature-oriented re-engineering of legacy systems into product line assets - a case study", Software Product Line, Proceeding Book Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, 2005.
- K. Kang, S. Kim, J. Lee, K. Lee, "Feature-oriented engineering of PBX software for adaptability and reusability", Software: Practice and Experience, vol. 29, no. 10, 1999. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-024X(199908)29 10<875::AID-SPE262>3.0.CO;2-W https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-024X(199908)2910<875::AID-SPE262>3.0.CO;2-W
- M. Arya, "Diligence of Domain Engineering in Accounting Management System", Intranational Journal of Computer Applications and Information Technology, Vol. 1, no. 1, 2012.
- K. Ko, "Introduction of Mobile Supporting Functionalities for Promoting the VOD Service of a Digital Cable Broadcasting", Journal of Digital Contents Society, vol. 15, no. 3, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2014.15.3.339 https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2014.15.3.339
- K. Ko, "Introduction of a VOD Mobile App for Promoting VOD Service of a Domestic Digital Cable Broadcasting", Convergence Security Journal, vol. 14, no. 2, 2014.
- J. Yang and K. Kang, "A Workbench based on Eclipse Platform for Feature-Oriented Product Line Software Development", Journal of Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, vol. 19, no. 1, 2013.
- J. Lee, J. Lee, J. Suk, Y. Seo, "A Development of the Dynamic Reconfigurable Components based on Software Product Lind: Guided Weapon System", Journal of Korea Society for Simulation, vol. 19, no. 4, 2010.
- I. Sommerville, Software Engineering, Pearson Higher Education, 2015.