- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The development of ultra high-speed metal film deposition system and process technology for a heat sink in digital devices
디지털 소자용 방열판 제작을 위한 초고속 금속필름 증착장치 및 공정기술 개발
- Yoon, Hyo Eun (Department of Physics & Nano Science, Sun Moon University) ;
- Ahn, Seong Joon (Division of Mechanical and ICT Convergence Engineering, Sun Moon University) ;
- Han, Dong Hwan (Department of BT-Convergent Pharmaceutical Engineering, Sun Moon University) ;
- Ahn, Seungjoon (Division of Mechanical and ICT Convergence Engineering, Sun Moon University)
- Received : 2017.04.06
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
To resolve the problem of the temperature rise in LED or OLED lighting, until now a thick metal film has been used as a heat-sink. Conventionally, this thick metal film is made by the electroplating method and used as the heat-dissipating plate of the electronic devices. However, nowadays there is increasing need for a Cu metal film with a thickness of several hundred micrometers that can be formed by the dry deposition method. In this work, we designed and fabricated a Cu film deposition system where the heating element is separated from the ceramic crucible, which makes ultra-rapid deposition possible by preventing heat loss. In addition, the resulting induction heating also contributes to the high deposition rate. By tuning the various parameters, we obtained a
Heat sink;IVD;LED;Metal film;OLED;Ultra-high speed metal deposition
- S. J. Chung, J. H. Lee, J. W. Jeong, J. J. Kim, & Y. T. Hong, "Substrate thermal conductivity effect on heat dissipation and lifetime improvement of organic light-emitting diodes," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, 25330, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3154557 https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3154557
- G. Vamvounis, H. Aziz, N. X. Hu, & Z. D. Popovic, "Temperature dependence of operational stability of organic light emitting diodes based on mixed emitter layers," Synthetic Metals, vol. 143, no. 1, pp. 69-73, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.synthmet.203.10.014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.synthmet.203.10.014
- C. Garditz, A. Winnacker, F. Schindler, & R. Paetzold, "Impact of Joule heating on the brightness homogeneity of organic light emitting devices," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 10, 103506, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2711708 https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2711708
- D. B. Tuckerman, & R. F. W. Pease, "High-performance heat sinking for VLSI," IEEE Electron device letters, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 126-129, 1981. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EDL.1981.25367 https://doi.org/10.1109/EDL.1981.25367
- X. Zhou, J. He, L. S. Liao, M. Lu, X. M. Ding, X. Y. Hou, & S. T. Lee, "Real-time Observation of Temperature Rise and Thermal Breakdown Processes in Organic LEDs Using an IR Imaging and Analysis System," Advanced Materials, vol. 12, no.4, pp. 265-269, 2000. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-4095(200002)12:4<265::AID-ADMA265>3.0.CO;2-L https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-4095(200002)12:4<265::AID-ADMA265>3.0.CO;2-L
- J. R. Sheats, H. Antoniadis, M. Hueschen, & W. Leonard, "Organic electroluminescent devices," Science, vol. 273(5277), 884, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1126/science.273.5277.884 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.273.5277.884
- Bing Dai, Jiwen Zhao, Victor Ralchenko, Andrey Khomich, Alexey Popovich, Kang Liu, Guoyang Shu, Ge Gao, Sun Mingqi, Lei Yang, Pei Lei, Jiecai Han, & Jiaqi Zhu, "Thermal conductivity of free-standing CVD diamond films by growing on both nuclear and sides," Diamond and Related Materials, vol. S0925-9635, no. 16, 30274-6, 2017.
- C. Zweben, "Revolutionary new thermal management materials," Electronics Cooling, vol. 11, no.2, pp. 36-37, 2005.
- J. Kong, A. M. Cassell, & H. Dai, "Chemical vapor deposition of methane for single-walled carbon nanotubes," Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 292, no.4, pp. 567-574, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2614(98)00745-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2614(98)00745-3
H. Yabuta, M. Sano, K. Abe, T. Aiba, T. Den, H. Kumomi, & H. Hosono, "High-mobility thin-film transistor with amorphous
$InGaZnO_4$channel fabricated by room temperature rf-magnetron sputtering," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 11, 112123, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2353811 https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2353811
- S. E. Lee, & J. H. Lee, "Copper Via Filling Using Organic Additives and Wave Current Electroplating," Journal of the Microelectronics and Packaging Society, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 37-42, 2007.
- B. Hwang, Y. J. Choi, H. B. Kim, & Y. R. Cho, "Evaluation of Moisture Penetration Characteristics of Metal-Coated PET Film," Korean Institute of Science and Technology Conference abstract, vol. 1, pp. 351-351, 2010.
- J. M. Seo, K. Y. Park, S. R. Lee, & C. Y. Lee, "Quality Management of ITO Thin Film for OLED Based on Relationship of Fabrication and Characteristics," Journal of Control Robot System Society, vol. 14, no.4, pp. 336-341, 2008.
- J. I. Jeong, & J. H. Yang, "Trend and Prospect of Thin Film Processing Technology," Journal of the Korean Magnetics Society, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 185-192, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2011.21.5.185 https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2011.21.5.185
- S. Y. Lee, S. Y. Kuack, M. J. Park, W. S. Kim, J. K. Lee, K. D. Choi, & H. K. Jung, "Eddy Current Loss of the Cooling Plate According to its Shape for 600 kJ SMES," The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Conference Proceedings, vol. 1 pp. 132-133, 2007.
- S. C. Hong, W. J. Kim, & J. P. Jung, "High-speed Cu filling into TSV and non-PR bumping for 3D chip packaging," Journal of the Microelectronics and Packaging Society, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 49-53, 2011.
- J. B. Kim, H. S. Bae, K. H. Kim, S. W. Moon, G. J. Nam, & N. E. Kwon, "Analysis of a processed sample surface using SCM and AFM," Korean Society of Precision Engineering, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 52-59, 2006.
- S. H. Lee, J. K. Kim, & D. G. Kim, "Diamond-like Carbon Coatings Prepared by Linear Ion Source with 20 kHz Discharge," Korean Society of Surface Engineering Conference abstract, vol. 1, pp. 262-262, 2012.
- K. W. Kim, S. G. Baek, B. J. Park, H. W. Kim, & I. J. Rhyu, "Applications of Focused Ion Beam for Biomedical Research," Applied Microscopy, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 177-183, 2010.