- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Centrifuge Tests on Compression Performance of Octagonal Concrete Filled Tube Column to be applied to Top-Down Construction Method
역타공법에 적용되는 팔각 콘크리트충전 강관의 압축성능을 위한 원심모형실험
- Kim, Dong-Kwan (Department of Architectural Engineering, Cheongju University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Hwan (SENVEX)
- Received : 2017.05.02
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
To improve concrete-filled tube (CFT) columns, an octagonal concrete-filled tube (OCFT) column was developed. Because the OCFT column requires a small boring diameter, the OCFT column is suitable for Top-Down construction method. In this study, the compression performance of OCFT column to be used as Top-Down pile foundation was verified using centrifuge equipment. Under 12 g centrifugal acceleration, the bearing capacities of the pile foundations of OCFT and H-shaped sections were tested. When the pile foundations were embedded in soil of full depth, 45 % of the design strength, which was assumed to be the construction load, was supported by the OCFT and H-shaped sections in the elastic states. When the pile foundations were embedded in soil of half depth, the buckling of the pile foundations was not investigated. After the loading test, the rock at the bottom of pile foundation, which had a strength of 3.5 MPa, was not damaged due to 45 % of the design strength.
Centrifuge Test;CFT;OCFT;Pile foundation;Top-Down Construction Method
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- C. W. Park, S. Y. Moon, S. H. Yun, "A Study on the Sub-elements of the Top-down Construction Method Selection Model using Weighting Factor in Downtown Area", Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 8, 4, pp. 61-69, 2008. DOl: https:lldoi.org/10.5345/JKlC.2008.8.4.061 https://doi.org/10.5345/JKlC.2008.8.4.061
- H. Y. Cheong, S. S. Kim, K. S. Kim, "Evaluation on Axial Resisting Capacities of Embedded Steel Column Base to be applied to Top-Down Method", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction. 16, 5, pp. 45-52, 2000.
- D. J. Kim, Y. Choo, J. H. Kim, S. Kim, D. S. Kim, "Investigation of Monotonic and Cyclic Behaviors of Tripod Suction Bucket Foundations for Offshore Wind Towers using Centrifuge Modeling", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE., 140, 5, 04014008, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001083
- A. N. Schofield, "Cambridge Geotechnical Centrifuge Operations", Geotechnique. 30, 2, pp. 227-267, 1980. DOl: https:lldoi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.206 https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19220.127.116.11
- AIK, "Korea Building Code", p. 789, Kimoondang, 2016.
- Y. D. Lee, S. J. Jung, "A Study on Void Check for Top-Down Column Joint by Field Experiment", Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 5, 1, pp. 105-109, 2005. DOl: https://doi.org/10.5345/JKlC.2005.5.1.105 https://doi.org/10.5345/JKlC.2005.5.1.105