- Volume 23 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting Health Promotion Behaviors of Upper Grade Elementary Students
학령후기 아동의 건강증진행위에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Jeon, Ga Eul (College of Nursing, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kwon, In Soo (College of Nursing, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2017.04.27
- Accepted : 2017.05.28
- Published : 2017.07.31
Purpose: This study was conducted to identify factors affecting health promotion behaviors of upper grade elementary students. Methods: A descriptive study was carried out with 282 fifth or sixth elementary school students from two cities, Korea. Data were collected using self-administrative questionnaires containing items on health knowledge, attitudes, subjective norms, perceived behavior control and health promotion behavior, and analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Cronbach's
- Marlow DR, Redding BA. Textbook of pediatric nursing. 6th ed. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Company; 1988. p. 621-625.
- Lee SG, Chung GH, Yoo JP. Identification and prediction of latent classes of health promoting behaviors among children. Health and Social Welfare Review. 2015;35(2):477-510. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2015.35.2.477 https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2015.35.2.477
- Choi SH, Sohn M, Ahn YM. Association among family environment, health problems and health-risk behaviors in Korean school-aged children. The Korean Society of Living Environmental System. 2011;18 (5):609-618.
- Pender NJ, Murdaugh CL, Parsons MA. Health promotion in nursing practice. 5th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall; 2006. p. 367.
- Lee GS, Mun HL, Kim HL, Jang HS, Lee KM. Health education based on the theory of planned behavior. 3rd ed. Paju, Gyeonggi-do: Soomoonsa; 2006. p. 381.
- Byeon YS, Jang HJ. Health promotion: a concept analysis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 1992;22(3):362-372. https://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.19184.108.40.2062
- World Health Organization. Health promotion in globalized world. WHA59.21. Health Promotion Journal of Australia. 2005;16(3):168-170.
- Walker SN, Sechrist KR, Pender NJ. The health-promoting lifestyle profile: development and psychometric characteristics. Nursing Research. 1987;36(2):76-81.
- Wie GB. A study on the factors related to self-efficacy and health promotion behavior of the late school-aged children. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management. 2013;7(1):45-58. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.1.045 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.1.045
- Jang JY, Bang KS. Health locus of control and health-promoting behaviors among Korean elementary school children. Korean Parent Child Health Journal. 2011;14(1):18-27.
- Kim SH, Lee JH. Test of a hypothetical model for health promoting behavior in school-aged children. Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing. 2008;14(1):22-34.
- Kim HS, Kim YI. Factors related to health promoting behavior in late school-age children. Korean Society of School Health. 2010;23(1):1-10. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.1.045
- Jang YS. Factors influencing health promoting behavior of schoolaged children on community child center. Korean Parent-Child Health Journal. 2012;15(2):51-59.
- Kim SJ, Yang SO, Jeong GH, Lee SH. Level of health promotion behavior practice in elementary school students. Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing. 2007;13(4):407-415.
- Woo JB, An EJ, Kim JH. A study on types and multi-dimensional structures of health promoting activities. Journal of Consumer Studies. 2013;24(2):183-200.
- Nah JY, Kim YI, Kim HS. The effects of systematic health education on health knowledge and health promotion in elementary school students. Korean Society of School Health. 2011;24(2):173-180.
- Lee YR, Jegal J, Moon WH, Lee SY. Health education. 1st ed. Paju, Gyeonggi-do: Soomoonsa; 2012. p. 214-217.
- Kim MY, Kwon IS, Kim SH, Kim JS, Kim TI, Sim MK, et al. Introduc tion to pediatric nursing. 1st ed. Paju, Gyeonggi-do: Soomoonsa; 2014. p. 61-62, 180, 286.
- Ajzen I. The theory of planned behavior. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes. 1991;50:179-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- Glanz K. Health behavior and health education. 2nd ed. Yoo TK, Yoo HR, translator. Paju, Gyeonggi-do: Koonja Publisher; 2009. p. 71-101.
- Lee SH, Jeon MY. Undergraduate students' sexual behavior and influencing factors: an analysis based on the theory of planned behavior. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing. 2006;18(4):553-563.
- Prokhoov AV, Emmoms KM. Pallonen UE, Tsoh JY. Respiratory response to cigarette smoking among adolescent smokers; a pilot study. Preventive Medicine. 1996;25:633-640. https://doi.org/10.1006/pmed.1996.0099 https://doi.org/10.1006/pmed.1996.0099
- Ministry of Health and Welfare Korea. 2013 Comprehensive survey on children [Internet]. Seoul: Ministry of Health and Welfare Korea; 2011 [cited 2014 November 04]. Available from: http://www.mohw.go.kr/front_new/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&CONT_SEQ=306294&page=1
- Palank CL. Determinants of health-promotive behavior. Nursing Clinics of North America. 1991;26(4):815-832.
- Bae PW, Suh SR. Predictive factors on breast self-examination intention and behavior in middle aged women. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 2013;14(5):2349-2359. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2349 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2349
- Hata EIC, Doi YRK. Behavior science and health. 1st ed. Lee EC, translator. Seoul: Yasmedia; 2007. p. 44.
- MaCheuMoTo CAK. Introduction of health behavior theory. 1st ed. Lee EC, translator. Seoul: Yasmedia; 2007. p. 69-82.
- Yi G, Hyun HJ. A study on knowledge of oral health, behavior, selfefficacy, belief, and the number of dental caries of elementary school students. Journal of Korean Community Nursing. 2009;20(4):531-539.
- O'Donnell MP. Definition of health promotion 2.0: embracing passion, enhancing motivation, recognizing dynamic balance, and creating opportunities. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2009;24(1):890-1171.
- Bang SH, Yoo AR, Cho SY, Choi IS, Kim SW, Jeong Y, et al. Human papillomavirus vaccination status and related factors among some female college students. Journal of The Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health. 2012;16(2):186-194. https://doi.org/10.21896/jksmch.2012.16.2.186