- Volume 8 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Green Chroma Keying for Robot Performances in Public Places
공공장소에서 로봇 공연용 그린 크로마키 합성
- Hwang, Heesoo (Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Halla University)
- 황희수 (한라대학교 전기전자과)
- Received : 2017.05.19
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
Robot performances in public places are conducted for the purpose of promoting robot technology and inducing interest in events, exhibitions, and streets instead of dedicated stages. This paper extracts robot images in real time from a robot operation in front of a green chroma key cloth, and synthesizes them on various stage images. A simple and robust method for extracting a foreground robot from a chroma key background without a user's preset is proposed. After increasing the color difference between the background and the foreground, this method automatically removes the background based on the histogram of the difference information, thereby eliminating the need for a user's preset. The simulation shows 98.8% of foreground extraction rate and experimental results demonstrate that the robots can effectively be extracted from the background.
Culture Technology;Robot Performance;Humanoid;Chroma key;Masking
- Z. Luo, "Color range determination and alpha matting for color images," Thesis, Master of Computer Science, The University of Ottawa, September 2011.
- A. Sobral, and A. Vacavant, "A comprehensive review of background subtraction algorithms evaluated with synthetic and real videos," Vol. 122, pp. 4-21, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cviu.2013.12.005
- A. R. Smith, and J. F. Blinn, "Blue screen matting," pp. 259-68, SIGGRAPH 96 Conference Proceedings, Aug 1996.
- M. A. Ruzon and C. Tomasi, "Alpha estimation in natural images," IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern, Vol. 1, pp. 18-25, January 2000.
- J. Wang and M. F. Cohen, "Optimized color sampling for robust matting," IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 1-8, Minneapolis, USA, June 2007.
- S. Lin and J. Shi, "Fast natural image matting in perceptual color space," Proceedings of Computers and Graphics, Vol. 29, pp. 403-414, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cag.2005.03.003
- M. S. Choi, "Complex Color Model for Efficient Representation of Color-Shape in Content-based Image Retrieval", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 267-273, 2017.
- C. Rother, V. Kolmogorov, and A. Blake, "GrabCut - interactive foreground extraction using iterated graph cuts," ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH), Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 309-314, New York, USA, August 2004.
- K. Tan and N. Ahuja, "Selecting objects with freehand sketches," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), Vol. 1, pp. 337-344, August 2002.
- Y. Lin, J. Sun, C. Tang, and H. Shum, "Lazy snapping," ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH), Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 303-308, August 2004.
- J. H. Park, G. S. Lee, S. H. Lee, "A Study on the Convergence Technique Enhanced GrabCut Algorithm Using Color Histogram and Modified Sharpening Filter," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 1-8, Dec. 2015.
- W. S. Hwang, M. R. Choi, "Convergence Research of Low-light Image Enhancement Method and Vehicle Recorder," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.7, No.6, pp. 1-6, Dec. 2016.
- M. Piccardi, "Background Subtraction Techniques: A Review." Systems, man and cybernetics, 2004 IEEE Internation Conference, Vol. 4. IEEE, Oct. 2004.
- Wikipedia, Chroma Key, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_key, Feb. 2017.
- Michael Ashikhmin, High Quality Chroma Key, http://www.cs.utah.edu/-michael/chroma/,Feb. 2017.
- 123Video Magic Pro, http://www.123videomagic.com