- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Working Force Supply of Radiologic Technologist in Korea
국내 방사선사 인력수급 현황 분석
- Choi, Kyoungho (Dept. of Radiological Science, Jeonju University) ;
- Cho, Jung Keun (Dept. of Radiological Science, Jeonju University)
- Received : 2017.06.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
To prevent over supplying of workforce with radiologic technologist license, effort to create new jobs related to radioactive from medical field and radiation-related academia should be put first. For this, investigating present condition is required by close analysis of working force supply related to radiation. Therefore in this research, basic data useful for developing future radiation-related policy and plan is provided from analysis of present supplying condition of radiologic technologists in Korea. Results are as following. First, number of people qualified as radiologic technologists consistently increased; 15,639 more people took the license in 2014 compared with 2004, showing growth rate of 75.6%. Second, about 65.7%, most of workforce related to radiation engaged in medical area. Third, estimating supply and demand of radiologic technologists by time period of 5 years from 2015 to 2040, about 6,000 number of surplus work force was predicted around 2020. Fourth, satisfaction of graduates who majored in radiology was quite low for their first occupation. These results implicate necessity of systemic supplementation which can expand medical areas where radiologic technologists can work.
Radiologic Technologist;Work force;Medical manpower;Descriptive statistics;National license
- J. H. Cho, K. R. Dong, Y. H. Ryu, S. H. Choi, J. E. Jung, "An overview of radiologist occupational at Korea", Journal of Advanced Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 89-94, 2012.
- J. S. Park, "The causal relationship of hospital impatient's perceived quality, satisfaction, service value, and intention to revisit", Korean Journal of Hospital Management, Vol. 19, pp. 73-88, 2002.
- J. Y. Han, H. S. Park, "Factors influencing quality of health care: Based on the Korea health panel data", Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 195-206, 2017. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2017.28.1.195
- S. Y. Son, T. H. Kim,J. W. Min, D. K. Han, S. M. Ahn, "A study on the feasibility of a national practical examination in the radiologic technologist", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 2149-2162, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.5.2149
- Health and welfare annual statistics in Korea, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2015.
- Long-term forecasting of healthcare labor force in Korea, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, 2015.
- G. Choi, S. Lee, "The study of necessity in improvement of radiologic technologist license examination system in Korea", Journal of Korean Society of Radiology, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 213-218, 2015 https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.4.213
- H. Esmailzadeh, A. R. Delavari, S. M. R. Kazemi-Bajestaini, S. Alikhani, R. Tabibzadeh Dezfouli, F. Alaeddini, "The future balance between training and demand for radiologists in Iran", International Journal of Radiation Research, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 373-376, 2014.
- G. Dodd, T. Fletcher, W. Jr. Thorwarth, "The crisis in academic radiology: Will we help ourselves?", Journal of the American College of Radiology, Vol. 3, pp. 229-230, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2006.01.011
- S. K. Chung, "A study on the reasonable personnel management of radiology department", Journal of Radiological Science and Technology, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 27-64, 1998.
- E. H. Seo, "Statistical analysis using SPSS 21", Freedom Academy, 2013
- Statistical yearbook of job in Korea 2105, Korean Educational Development Institute, 2016.
- http://www.koara.or.kr/Korean association for radiation application
- K. Choi, J. K. Cho, "Statistical analysis of national examination for radiological technologists in convergence perspective", Journal of the Convergence Society, Submission.
- I. S. Kim, S. Y. Kim, "Converged Relationship between Oral Health Education and Dental Health Behavior of High School Students," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 107-114, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.107
- S. Y. Kim, "Convergence Study on The Influence of Dental Hygiene Students' Stress in Their Major Satisfaction and Career-Decision Attitude," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 115-122, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.115
- Y. J. Ha, "A Convergence study on the effects of satisfaction of nurses using the Electronic Medical Record system on job stress", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 5, pp. 69-78, 2017.
- M. J. Kim, M. S. Han, J. U. Jang, "Evaluation of convergence Elasticity of Liver Fibroscan used measurement with Ultrasonography", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 5, pp. 79-85, 2017.