- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Pass Analysis of Football Game using Social Networking Analysis
사회연결망 분석을 활용한 축구경기 패스분석
- Lee, Hee-Hwa (Dept. of Sport industry, Sangmyung University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Eung (Dept. of Sport industry, Sangmyung University) ;
- Park, Jong-Chul (Dept. of Sport Science, Korea Institute of Sports Science)
- Received : 2017.06.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the most influential soccer players by appling social network analysis. The subjects were the German national soccer team and the Korean national soccer team participated in the 2016 Brazil World Cup. The pass collected data provided by FIFA were analyzed by social network analysis using the Ucinet6 program and pass success rate. The results are as follows. First, the soccer player with a lot of passes had a high connection centrality in pass-through networks and high proximity. Second, the German national soccer team has appeared key players as Phillip Lahm and Kroos player, and a key player of the Korean national soccer team was Ki,S.Y. Third, the German national soccer team's quantitative indicator value of proximity center and pass success rate appeared higher than the Korean national soccer team's.
Social Network Analysis;Centrality;Football;Pass;Match analysis
- Sun-Duck Kim, Tae-Young Seong, Dong-Min Lee, Man-Hyung Lee. "Analysis of Network for Asian Cup Soccer Final based on Social Network Theory : Based on Centrality Indexes", Journal of the Korea Contents Society, Vol.16 No.5 pp.205-216. 2016.
- Yong-Hak Kim, Social Network Analysis, pybook. 2010.
- Byung-Kook Kim, Suk-Bong Jung, Ki-Suk Kwon. "A study on relational analysis of purchasing items of on-line shopping mall based on social network analysis", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11 No.11 pp.209-217. 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.209
- Byoung Kug Kim, Seok Bong Jeong, Ki Seok Kwon. " A Study on relational analysis of purchasing items of on-line shopping mall based on social network analysis", The journal of Digital policy & Management, Vol.11 No.11 pp.209-217. 2013.
- Hyeoi Jin Kim. "Notational Analysis of Sports using Social Network Analysis" The Korean Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sports Science, Vol.9 No.1 pp.99-112. 2007.
- Dae Kee Min, Young Soo Lee, Yong Rae Kim. "Performances analysis of football matches", Journal of the Korean data & information science society, Vol.26 No.1 pp. 187-196. 2015. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.1.187
- Choon-Ki Kang, "Analysis of pass type and success rate of European and Asian soccers", Sejong University, 2005.
- Chul-Woong Park,. "An Analysis on the Scoring Processes in the World Cup Soccer Game", Unpublished, The Graduate School, Yeungnam University. 2006.
- Su-Jea Lee. "Analysis the scoring points through set play from 2002 WorldCup", Unpublished, The Graduate School, Suwon University. 2002.
- Dea-Chul Jung. "The Research on Scoring in the Soccer Game of Corea-Japan World Cup Championship", Unpublished, The Graduate School, Sunchun University. 2004.
- You Kang-Won, Ahn Jae-Seok. "A Study on Enhancing Match Performance through Analyzing the Pass Type of the KOR National Football Team and the Champion of the 2010 FIFA World Cup". Journal of the Korean Society of Sports Science, Vol.19 No.4 pp.733-744. 2010.
- Jae Hyeon Park, Sang Jo Kang, Hyeo Jin Kim ."Assessment System of Performance using Computerized Pass-Notation for Soccer", The Korean Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sports Science, Vol.10 No.3 pp.51-63. 2008.
- Hyun Joung Lee. "Knowledge Structure Analysis on Marketing Research using Social Network Analysis", Vol.43 No.3, pp.965-992. 2014.
- Young-Hwa Choi., The Application of Social Network theory on a Soccer Game Visualization System. The Graduate School, Ajou University. 2012.
- Seung Bae Choi, Chang Wan Kang, Hyong Jun Choi, Byung Yuk Kang, "Social network analysis for a soccer game," Journal of the Korean data & information science society, Vol.22 No.6, pp.1053-1063, 2011.
- Dean Lusher, Garry Robins and Peter Kremer, "The Application of Social Network Analysis to Team Sports," Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science, Vol.14, pp.211-224, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/1091367X.2010.495559
- Sung Il Ha, Song Hak Lee, Dong Yoon Shin "The Study on the Structure of Skill Factors in Football Performance" Korean journal of physical eduaction, Vol.44 No.4, 2005.
- Bate, R.(1988). Football chance: tactics and strategy. In T. Reilly, A. Lees, K. Davids and W. Murphy, Science & Football.
- Jang-Sik Jo. "Analysis on Athletic Performance of Sports based on Pass", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.15 No.3, pp.1381-1389. 2013.
- Hughes, M. & Franks, I.M.(2004). Notational analysis of Sports, Second Edition. London : Routledge.
- Yong-Hak Kim, Young-Jin Kim, Social Network Analysis, pybook. 2016.