- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Recognition of Swimsuit Brand Image Using IPA Technique
IPA기법을 활용한 수영복 브랜드이미지에 대한 인식연구
- Kim, Jae-Hwan (Dept. of Social Sports, International University of Korea) ;
- Lee, Jae-Moon (Dept. of Physical Education, Kyung Hee University)
- Received : 2017.05.26
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
The purpose of this study is to present the ranking and difference of the importance and satisfaction of the swimsuit brand image that the swimsuit consumers perceive through the IPA and to provide the implications for the activation of the swimsuit industry market by diagramming it with the IPA matrix. To do this, we analyzed 298 questionnaire data for university students and graduate students and the following conclusions were drawn through the ranking of importance, satisfaction, and the corresponding sample t-test and IPA matrix. First, as a result of examining the ranking through the average of the importance and satisfaction of the swimsuit brand image, the importance showed average 4.0 or more in order of 'quality', 'functionality', 'price', 'design', 'trust', 'color', and the satisfaction showed average 3.5 or more in order of 'trust', 'quality', 'functionality' and 'awareness'. Second, as a result of difference verification in swimsuit brand image, it showed a significant difference in order of 'quality', 'price', 'functionality', 'design', 'color', 'trust', 'sophistication'. On the other hand, it showed no significant difference of cognitive images. Third, as a result of IPA of swimsuit brand image, the factors of 'design', 'functional', 'quality' and 'trust' were included in I quadrant, 'price' 'color' in II quadrant, 'advertising image', 'event', 'popularity', 'originality' in III quadrant, and 'awareness', 'sophistication' in IV quadrant.
Supported by : International university of Korea
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, "2014 Sports White Paper." pp.135-141, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2016.
- D. W. Kim, "Fusion research on positive psychological capital (PPC) in accordance with physical disabilities participate in swimming classes for 10 weeks." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 159-165, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.3.159
- W. C. Bing, "The Study on Mediating Effects Validation of Involvement between Service Quality and Satisfaction in Children's Pool in Convergence era." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 529-537, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.529
- S. R. Kim, B. J. Cho, J. S. Ko, "Study of water drowning death patients on clinical care and prevention." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 427-432, 2016.
- B. I. Bang, J. Y. Park, "The Analysis and Development Plan of the Korea Lifeguard Qualification System." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 415-427, 2015.
- Da-Hye Kim, "The Study on Exercise Absorption and Life Satisfaction of Swimming Participants." Master dissertation, Hanyang University. 2009.
- J. S. Lim, C. H. Yang, "Relationship between Sports Confidence and Class Satisfaction according to Adolescents' Participation in Marine Sports." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 169-176, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.169
- S. A. Kang, J. Y. Cho, S. I. Chung, "Trend Changes of Domestic Swimwear Design." The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 104-113, 2015.,
- K. W. Nam, S. H. Lim, "The Effect of characteristics by brand of a swimming suit on brand recognition, brand preference and consumer behavior." The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 145-160, 2011.
- M. K. Kim, S. J. Lee, "Consumer Behavior on Brand Types according to Clothing Goods Level." The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 493-503, 2002.
- Jeoung-Hak Lee, "Sport marketing strategies through the analysis of sport consumer behavior and factors influencing attendance." Ph.D dissertation, University of Minnesota. 2000.
- J. H. Lee, J. S. Bang, S. J. Im, "The Influence Factor of Brand Image Form of Domestic Professional Baseball Clubs." The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 399-409, 2006.
- S. M. Davis, Brand Asset Management: Driving Profitable Growth through Your Brand. San Francisco: Josey-Bass. 2002.
- J. H. Lee, J. M. Lee, Y. S. Jang, "The positioning by Swimsuit Brand Image." Korean journal of physical eduaction, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 273-283, 2016.
- W. E. Hammitt, R. D. Bixler, F. P. Noe, "Going beyond importance-performance analysis to analyze the observance-influence of park impacts." Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 45-62, 1996.
- H. Oh, "Revisiting importance-performance analysis." Tourism Management, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 617-627, 2001.
- S. Y. Yoon, "Application of Importance-Performance Analysis to Management of Theme Park Event Program." Journal of Tourism Management Research, Vol. 23, pp. 235-255, 2005.
- J. H. Lee, "Sports Marketing", Gyeonggi-do : Korean Academic Information, 2012.
- S. Y. Kwon, S. Y. Shin, J. S. Kim, " A study on the importance and performance analysis of learner-centered education for improvement of teaching quality in university." Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 51-78, 2011.
- Y. J. Lee, J. H. Byun, J. Y. Cho, "A Study on Trend of Resort Wear Design." The Journal of Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 447-456, 2014.
- J. M. Kim, "Theses : A Study on the Visual Image of Swimsuit Design." Journal of fashion business, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 96-106, 2011.
- H. K. Kim, E. J. Cho, H. M. Choi "Theses : A Study on the Korean Women's Swimwear Design (I)." Fashion & Textile Research Journal, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 558-564, 2004.
- I. Y. Chang, C. W. Ahn, "The Relationship between Sport Confidence, Exercise Passion and Re-Participation Intention of Collegiate Students Participating in the Snow Ski-Class." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 473-483, 2016.
- S. G. Hwang, "The Relationship between Sports-Readership and Happiness in Perceived by University Athletes." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 401-408, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.401
- S. J. Han, S. H. Lee, "A Study on Structural Relations among the Social Support, Self-Esteem, and College Life Adjustment of College Students Participating in Convergence Leisure Sports Activities." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 513-523, 2015.
- M. H. Han, "On the relationship between job seeking preparation capacity and stress from college life." Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 81-86, 2017.
- Y. H. Hyoung "The Effect of Self-Congruity on the Brand Loyalty." Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 3227-3255, 2011.
- Bo-Hyung Lee, "(An) analysis on the correlation between characteristics of domestic and foreign golf club brand and purchase behaviors to develop a marketing strategy for domestic golf club maker." Ph.D dissertation, Kyonggi University. 2002.
- J. J. Song, "SPSS / AMOS statistical analysis method for writing paper." Gyeonggi-do: 21cbook, 2014.
- J. C. Nunnally, "Psychometric Theory (2nd ed). NY : McGraw-Hill", 1978.
- J. A. Martilla, J. C. James, "Importance- performance analysis." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 77-79, 1977. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- C. R. Duke, M. A. Persia "Performance-Importance Analysis of Escorted Tour Evaluations." Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 207-224, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1300/J073v05n03_03
- C. R. Duke, M. A. Persia, "Use of Importanceperformance analysis to Evaluate State Park Cabin : The case of the West Virginia State Park System." Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 1-11, 1992.
- D. K. Kwon, "The Study on the plan of improving the service quality in the food industry by the IPA matrix." Tourism Research, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 1-31, 2011.
- M. A. O'Neill, A. Palmer, "Importance-performance analysis: a useful tool for directing continuous quality improvement in higher education." Quality Assurance in Education, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 39-52, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/09684880410517423
- J. A. Martilla, J. C. James, "Importance-performance analysis." Journal of Marketing, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 77-79, 1977. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- J. H. Lee, J. M. Lee, W. K. Kim, H. G. Kim, "A Study on Perception of Swimsuit Using Big Data Text-Mining Analysis." Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 104-116, 2017. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2017.28.1.104
- M. S. Choi, K. H. Seok, "The Relationship of Brand Images and Brand Attitudes and Purchasing Behavior by Swimsuit Model Identification." The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 793-802, 2010.
- T. J. Kim, "3,000 won domestic swimsuit 55,000 won...Stupid customer Korean", http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2014&no=1497975 (December 05, 2014)
- Moon-Heum Jung, "effects of brand awareness toward swimming products on customers purchase behavior." Master dissertation, Dong-A University. 2010.
- Y. M. Kim, S. K. Moon, K. S. Lee, "The Effect of Sports Brand Image on National Image, Relationship Quality and Brand Purchasing Intention." Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 91-106, 2010.
- P. G. Patterson, L. W. Johnson, R. A. Spreng, "Modeling the determinants of customer satisfaction for business to business services." Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 4-17, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02894505
- V. Lljandar, T. Strandvik, "The nature of customer relationships in services." Advances in Service Marketing and Management, Vol. 4, pp. 141-167, 1995.
- S. D. Kim, J. H. Lee, "The relationships between brand image of sports goods and purchasing according to different sport activities." Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 111-130, 2002.
- Y. C. Cho, J. G. Kim, "Research of Purchasing Behavior Based on Sports Item." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 14, pp. 983-991, 2000.
- Jae-Pill Jung, "Effects of Perception of Swimsuit Brand Images on Brand Attitudes and Purchasing Behavior." Master dissertation, Keimyoung University. 2009.
- M. T. Cho, S. D. Kim, "The Study on Valuation Standard on the Purchasing Swimsuit." Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 53-68, 2001.
- Mi-Kyung Kim, "The Type of Consumer's Brand Switching on Fashion Goods and Response to Marketing Communication." Ph.D dissertation, Sookmyung Women's University. 2000.
- N. Y. Kim, J. A. Jang, J. A. Kim, J. Y. Lim, "A Research on the Wearing Practice and Preference of Indoor Swimsuit by Women's Age Group." The Korean Society of Design Culture, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 37-45, 2008.
- C. Y. Jin, J. A. Kim, D. G. Kim, "The Relationships between the Consumer Expectation Price and the Influential Factors on On-Line Purchasing." Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 127-143, 2008.
- Y. B. Kim, "A Study on the Strategy for Mainstream Market Entry of New Convergence Products - SMBs concerning." Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 17-24, 2017.