- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effects of Job-related Variables on Job Satisfaction and Professionalism among Beauty Salon Workers
미용종사자의 직업관련 변수와 직업전문성이 직업만족도에 미치는 영향
- Yoo, Eun-Ju (Dept. of Cosmetology, Kyungnam College of Information & Technology) ;
- Juong, Suk-Hui (Dept. of Cosmetology, Kyungnam College of Information & Technology) ;
- Shim, Sun-Nyu (Dept. of Medial Beauty, KyungBok University)
- Received : 2017.05.16
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
This study investigated differences between job satisfaction and professionalism by job-related variable and analyzed the effects of job-related variables and job professionalism on job satisfaction among a total of 144 beauty salon workers in Busan and Ulsan. The main results are as follows. First, a difference between job satisfaction and professionalism was found by average monthly income and environmental satisfaction. Second, in terms of correlations with variable, job professionalism revealed static correlation with average monthly income, employment period and environmental satisfaction while job satisfaction showed static correlation with average monthly income, environmental satisfaction and job professionalism. In employment period, a significant difference was observed. Third, regarding the influence of variables on job satisfaction, job satisfaction became higher as average and job professionalism increased. In particular, job professionalism was the highest in terms of exploratory power. So a plan for allowing beauticians to improve confidence in professionalism and job satisfaction was presented.
Job- related Variables;Jod Professionalism;Job Satisfaction;Average monthly income;Environmental satisfaction
- Felsman. D. E. & Blustein, D. L. "The role of peer relatedness in late adolescent career development", Journal of Vocational Behanior, Vol. 54, pp. 279-295, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1998.1664
- Young-Hee Kim, "A Study on Clinical Nurses' Professionalism and Job Performance Conflicts", Master's Thesis, Hanyang University, 2008.
- Germain, M. L., & Ruiz, C. E, "Defining expertise across nations: Myth or reality of a global definition?", Paper presented at the Acadermy of Huma n Resource Development International Research Conference in the Americas, 2008.
- Seong-Mi Cho, "Professional Job Perception, Job Stress and Job Satisfaction of Hairdressers Practicing in Beautician Shops", Master's Thesis, Chungnam National University, 2005.
- Soon-Hee Ha, "Self-Esteemas Professionals Influencing Beauty Aryist's Occupation Satisfaction", Ph.D. dissertation, Daegu Haany University, 2009.
- Sutton, P. L., & Staw, B. M, "What theory is not". Administrativ Science Quarterly, Vol. 40, pp. 371, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393788
- Locke, E. A., "The nature and causes of job satisfaction in Marvin. D. Dinette(ed). R and McNally college publishing Co., Chicago, USA, 1976.
- Won-Jee Chu, "A Study on correlation between social support and job satisfaction of public health nurses", Master's Thesis, Chosun University, 2001.
- Heijden, C. M., & Heijden, "B. I. J. M, Acompetencebased and multidimensional operationalization and measurement of employability. Human Resource Management", Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 449-476, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrm.20119
- Hyoung-Han Yoon, "The Developmental Process and Factors Influencing the Expertise of PES(Public Employment Services) Vocational Counselors in Korea", Ph.D. dissertation, Hongik University, 2008.
- Hyun-Ji Lee, "The Influence of Recognition of Professionalism and Social Support on Job Satisfaction of Hair Care Professionals", Master's Thesis, Seokyeong University, 2013.
- D. Vinokur-Kaplan, Jayaratne, S. & Chees, W. A., "Job satisfaction and retenion of social workers in public agencies, non profit agencies, and private practice: the impact of workplace conditions and motivators", Administration in Social Work, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 95, 1994.
- Hall, R. H., "Professionalization and Bureaucratization", American Sociolgical Review, Vol. 33, 1968
- Young-Oh Park, "A Study on the Effects of Social Welfare Specialists's Job Satisfaction on Their Identity as Professionals", Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, 2003.
- Ye-Kyung Kim, "A Study on Relationship between Recognition on professionalism of Social Workers and Job Satisfaction", Master's Thesis, Ewha Womans University, 2000.
- Eom-Kwon Kim , "Impacts of Casino Employees' Professionalism Cognition on Job Stress and Job Satisfaction-Focusing on Moderating Effects by Social Support-", Ph.D. dissertation, Kyonggi University, 2013.
- Bu-Seog Choi, 'An Empirical Analysis of the Affection of Job Satisfaction on Job performance", Master's Thesis, Hanseo University, 2004.
- Youn-Hee Choi, 'A Study on the Effects of Job Stress on Job Satisfaction in Casino Employess", Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, 2011.
- Chul-hyung Lee, "A Study on the Improvement Plans for Care Workers' Professionalism", Ph D. dissertation, Pusan National University, 2007.
- Hee-Jeong Yoon, "A Study on the Vocational Expertise Among Child care Professionals-Emphasis on Chungcheongbukdo-", Master's Thesis, Cheongjui University, 2013.
- Mi-Young Kim, "The Correlation of Professionalism and Social Support and Job Satisfaction among Estheticians", Master's Thesis, Sahmyook University, 2011.
- Manojlovich, M. & Ketefian, "The effects of organizational culture on nursing professionalism : Implication for health resource planning", Canadian Journal of Nursing Research, Vol. 33, pp. 15-34, 2001.
- Belgn, M. A., "Nurse job satisfaction : A meta-analysis of related variables", Journal of Nursing Research, Vol. 42, No. 1, 1983.
- Soui-Hyun Lee, "Appearance of the salon staff attitudes, strategies, Impact on performance and job satisfaction", Master's Thesis, Seokyeong University, 2011.
- Min-Hwa Lee, "How hair designers' expertise and vacation impacts job satisfaction", Master's Thesis, Daejeon University, 2017.
- Min-Gyu Oh, "The Effects of Communication Type of Hair Beauty Industry Workers on the Job Satisfaction and the Organizational Commitment", Master's Thesis, Seokyeongk University, 2016.
- In-Ja Cha, "Clinical Nurses' Professionalism and Job satisfaction, Organization Commitment", Master's Thesis, Hanyang University, 2008.
- Ji-Yeoun Lee, "Influence of Job Satisfaction and Self-efficacy on Professionalism of Dental Hygienist", Master's Thesis, Inje University, 2009.
- Doo-Hee Han, "The Study on Professionalism of after-school workers-centering on analyzing determinant of job satisfaction-", ph, D. dissertation, Kyonggi University, 2010.
- Hou-Suk Lee, "The effects of Job Environment on Job Satisfaction of Self-Reliance Support Vocational Counselor", Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, 2014.
- Oun-Sung Park, "The effects of Organizational Culture on the Job Satisfaction and performance", Vol. 25, No. 1, 1997.
- Mi-Ok Park. Hee-Ja Choi, "A Study on the Degree of Self-Esteem, Social Perception and Satisfaction of Beauty Artist's Occupation", The Korean Sociely of Cosmetology, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 850-860, 2010.
- Sang-Jung Lee, "Effect of food service industry employees' job fit on the turnover intention - focusing on moderating variable of job satisfaction and organizational commitment-", Ph.D. dissertation, Kyonggi University, 2006.
- Byoung-Woon Jin, "The Effects of Job Satisfaction and Work Environment of cosmetologists on Turnover Intention-Focused on L Franchise Beauty Salon-", Master's Thesis, Korea University, 2007.
- Hyun-Ju Ko, "A Study on the Relationship among Professionalism Rewards, Market Orientation and Job Satisfaction of Nurses", Master's Thesis, Korea University, 2004.
- Eun-Kook Suh.Jai-Sun Koo., "Nurse job satisfaction : A Concise Measure of Subjective Well-Being(COMOSWB): Scale Development and Validation", Journal of Nursing Research, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 96-114, 2011.
- Jung-Mi Kim," Professionalism, Job Stress and Job Satisfaction of Hospital Nurses", Master's Thesis, Kyungbook University, 2011.
- An-Sook Park, "Effects on Job Satisfaction of Professional Job Perception, Job Stress and Social Support Among Nursing Officers", Ph.D. dissertation, Chungnam National University, 2011.
- Shin-Sun Hwa, "The Effects of Occupational Consciousness of Casino Employees upon Their Organizational Commitment and Customer Orientation -Focused on occupational professionalism-", Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, 2008.
- Wai-Soon Yoon, "Professionalism and Job Satisfaction in job title among hairdressers", Master's Thesis, Kosin University, 2016.
- Kyung-Hee Kim, "Variables Influencing the Accountability of Social Workers in the Community Service Center", Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul Womens University, 2000.