- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Aerobic Exercise's Influence on Obese Female College Students'Arterial Pulse Wave Velocity, Cardiorespiratory Systems and Body Composition
유산소 운동이 비만 여자대학생의 동맥맥파속도, 호흡순환계 및 신체조성에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Seung-Suk (Korea National Sport University)
- 김승석 (한국체육대학교)
- Received : 2017.05.06
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
In order to identify an Convergence aerobic exercise's influence on obese female college students' Cardiorespiratory systems and arterial pulse wave Velocity, this study targeted female college students in D University in Y-gu, D-City, and selected total 26 ones having body fat percentage over 30% with no special disease in past and at present and no regular physical activity. After finally confirming their participation in this experiment by completely explaining the purpose of and contents of this experiment and getting the subjects' written contents to participate in the experiment, the investigator randomly arranged the subjects into the exercise group(N=13) and the control group(N=13) and conducted a 12-week aerobic exercise program to the exercise group this study got the following conclusion. First, concerning the body composition's change, the exercise group showed significant reduction in the weight, the body fat percentage, and the abdominal fat percentage. Second, for the respiratory & cardiovascular systems'change, the exercise group showed significant increase in the maximal oxygen uptake, the maximal heart rate, and the maximal breathing capacity. Third, for the arterial pulse wave Velocity's change, the exercise group showed significant reduction in the upper body(right and left hands) and lower body (right and left feet).
Convergence;Female College Students;Body Composition;Cardiorespiratory Systems;Arterial Pulse Wave Velocity
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2014.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2015.
- Sanghui Kweon, Kyungwon Oh. '"Intakes by food groups in Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES), 1998-2014", Division of Health and Nutrition Survey, Center for Disease Prevention, KCDC. 2015.
- Dong-Il Kim, Dae-Yoon Woo, Dong-Kyu Lee. Astudy about the clinical method of women's obesity by O.P.D and its prospect, The Journal of Oriental Gynecology, Vol. 14, No.1, pp. 172-195, 2001.
- WHO Expert Consultation. "Appropriate body- mass index for Asian populations and its implications for policy and intervention strategies", Lancet, Vol.363, pp.157-163, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(03)15268-3
- Joo-Ha Jung, Jung-Jun Park, Jae-Hyun Choi, Do-Yoen Kim and Jum-Hong Yang. "Evaluation of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors in College Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp.3579-3586, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3579
- Jee, S. H., Pastor-Barriuso, R., Appel L J., Suh I.., Miller, E. R., & Guallar E. "Body mass index and incident ischemic heart disease in South Korean men and women", American Journal of Epidemiology, Vol.162 No. 1, pp.42-48, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwi166
- Houmard, J, A., Wheeler, W. S., McCammon, M. R., Wells, J. M., Truitt, N., Hamad, S. F. "An evaluation of waist to hip ratio measurement methods in relation to lipid and carbohydrate metabolism in men" Int. J. Obes. Vol. 15, pp. 181-188, 1991.
- Lee, Jin-Won. Effect of aerobic exercise on physical fitness,"body composition and serum lipids in Obesity women University student's". The Korea Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.683-692, 2006.
- Bramlage, P., Pittrow, D., Wittchen, H. U., Kirch, W., Boehler. S., Lehnert, H.,et al.. "Hypertension in overweight and obese primary care patients is high lyprevalent and poorly controlled". American Journal of Hypertension, Vol.17, pp.904-910, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjhyper.2004.05.017
- Eun Hee Jang, Young Rye Park. "Body Composition, Blood Pressure, Blood Lipids, and Glucose according to Obesity Degree by Body Fat Percentage in Female University Students". Korean Society of Biological Nursing Science, Vol.14 No.4, pp.231-238, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2012.14.4.231
- Azarbad, A & Gonder-Frederick L, "Obesity in Women. Psychiatric Clinics of North America", Vol. 33, pp.423-440, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psc.2010.01.003
- Hong, Seung-Bun, Han, Ji-Young, Hwang, Ji-Sun. "The Efects of Weight Control Program on Body Composition, Physical Self-Efficacy and Body Dissatisfaction in Obese Female College Students". Korea Society forWellness, Vol. 7 No.1, pp.223-232, 2012.
- Faith, M. S., Fontaine, K. R., Cheskin, L. J., & Allison, D. B. "Behavioral approaches to the problems of obesity". Behavior Modification, Vol. 24, pp.459-493, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/0145445500244001
- Kim, I. H. "The effects of aerobic exercise on hormones, blood lipids and body composition in middle-aged obese women according to beta 3-adrenergic receptor gene polymorphisms". Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.34, pp.1108-1116, 2004. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2004.34.6.1108
- Lee, J. I. "Effects of walking exercise intensities on fatigue, Serum lipids and immune function among middle-aged women". Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Vol.36, pp.94-102, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.1.94
- Hyo Sook Oh, Mi Jung Sim, Hyun Ei Oh. "The Effects of an Obesity-Management Program on Body Composition, Abdominal Circumference, and lipid Metabolism for Middle-Aged Obese Women". Korean Society of Biological Nursing Science, Vol.12, No.2, pp.89-96, 2010.
- Albright, C., & Thompson, D. L. "The effectiveness of walking in preventing cardiovascular disease in women: a review of the cur rent literature". Journal of Womens Health(Larchmt), Vol.15, pp.271-280. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2006.15.271
- WHO. Women and Health. "Today's evidence tomorroe's agenda". 2009.
- Park, Chul-Hyeong, Roh, Dong-Jin, Jekal, Yonsu. "Effect of Circuit Training and Aerobic Dance Program on the Level of Obesity, Physical Fitnes and Metabolic Syndrome Risk Factors among Female Colege Students". Korea Society for Wellness, Vol. 8 No. 1, pp.139-149, 2012.
- Kim, Hye-Kyung, Kim, Jin-Hee, Jung, Hyun-Kyung. "A comparison of health related habits, nutrition knowledge, dietary habits, and blood composition according to gender and weight status of college students in Ulsan". The Korean Nutrition Society, Vol.4, No.2, pp.336-346, 2012.
- Park, J. W., Park, H. M.,& Ha, N. S. "A study on the obesity and weight control methods of college students". Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, Vol.13, No,1, pp.5-13, 2004.
- Hwang, Yun Young. "A Study on Obese Female College Students' Weight Control Experiences". Korean J Women Health Nurs, Vol.10, No.4, pp.291-300, 2004.
- Park, Hae-Cha, Roh, He-Ta, Rhyu, Hyun-Seun. "The Effects of Menopause and Obesity on Pulse Wave Velocity, Resting Heart Rate, and Cardiac Index with Women in Regular Walking Exercise". Korea Society for Wellness, Vol.8, No.3, pp.189-197, 2013.
- Won-Hyun Kim, Seung-Suk Kim. The Effects of Combined Exercise Training 12Weeks on Body Composition and Basic Physical Strngth in ObeseCollege Women, The Korea Society of Digital Policy and Management, Vol.14, No.4, pp.471-478, 2016.
- Bailey. S., & Goldberg, J. P. "Eating pattern and weight concerns of college women". JADA. Vol.8, No.1, pp.95-96, 1989.
- Chung, Eun-Soon. "A Study of the Body Mass Index and Body Image among Female College Students". Korean Society of Women Health Nursing, Vol.7, No.4, pp.622-630, 2001.
- Ryu, Ho Kyung, Yoon, Jim-Sook. "A Study og Perception about Body Image in Adolescent Females". Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, Vol.4, No.4, pp.554-560, 1999.
- Slentz, C. A., Aiken, L. B., Houmard, J. A., Bales, C. W., Johnson, J. L., Tanner, C. J., Duscha, B. D., & Keaus, W. E. "Inactivity, exercise, and visceral fat. STRRIDE: s randomized, controlled study of exercise intensity and amount". Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol.99, No.4, pp.1613-1618, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.00124.2005
- Aguer, C., Grvary, O., Gole, Y., Bousuges, A., Doyard, P., & Falgaire, G..A. "5-month weight-reduction programme has a positve efect on body compositon, aerobic fitnes, and habitual physical activity of severely obese girls: a pilot evaluation study". Journal of Sport Science, Vol.28, No.3, pp.281-289, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410903460734
- Sung, Gi-dong, Son, Won-mok, Ha, Min-Seon. "The Efect of Regular Walking on Body Compositon, Physical Fitnes and Blod Presure in Female Midle Schol Students with Obesity". Korea Society for Wellness, Vol.11, No.3, pp.407-413, 2016.
- Gonzalez, C. A., Pera, G., Quiros, J. R., Lasheras, C., Tormo, M. J., Rodriguez, M., Beguirstain, J. M., Baricarte, A., Amiano, P., & Agudo, A.. "Types of fat intake and body mas index in a mediteranean country". Public Health Nutriton. Vol.3, No.3, pp.329-36, 2000.
- Yong-Seok So, "The Effect of Combined Exercise on Body Composition, Functional Fitness and Muscle Protein Synthesis Related Hormone in Sarcopenic Obesity Elderly Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 3, pp. 185-193, 2016.
- Sea-hyun Bae, "Convergence analysis of Body Composition and Balance after 6 Week Combined Exercise in 20's Obese Women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 231-238, 2017.
- Kim, Woo-Won, Park, Seon-Young, Han, Sang-Ho. "Effects of combined exercise frequency different in body composition and cardiorespiratory fitness on obese female". Health & Sports Medicine, Vol.11, No.1, pp.9-17, 2009.
- American College of Sports Medicine. "Guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. philadelphis: Lippinocott, Williams and Wilkins". 2000.
- Thompson, W. R., Gordon, N. F., & Pescatelo, L. S. "ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription". 8th ed. American Colege of Sports Medicine, Vol.3, No.7, pp.152-182, 2010.
- Cha, Seok-Hwan, Ji, Young-Suk, Jeon, Yong-Kyun, Lee, Dong-bok. "Change of Cardiovascular Function to Walking Type". Korea Society for Wellness, Vol.5, No.1, pp.49-59, 2010.
- Oliver JJ, Webb DJ. "Non invasive assessment of arterial stiffness and risk of at herosclerotic events". Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol, Vol.3, pp.554-66, 2003.
- Boutouyrie P, Tropeano AI, Asmar R, Gautier I, Benetos A, Lacolley P, et al. "Aortic stiffness is an independent predictor of primary coronary events in hypertensive patients: A longitudinal study". Hypertension, Vol.39, pp.10-15, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1161/hy0102.099031
- Wolfson, N., Garish, D., Golgberg, Y., Boaz, M., Matas, Z., & Shargorodsky, M. "Effect of weight loss maintenance on arterial compliance and metabolic and inflammatory parameters: a three-year follow-up study". Annals Nutrition Metabolism, Vol.57, No.3, pp.204-210. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1159/000313453
- Davies JI, Struthers AD. "Pulse wave analysis and pulse wave velocity: A critical review of their strengths and weaknesses". J Hypertens, Vol.21, pp.463-72, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004872-200303000-00004