- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study of Utilizing 2D Photo Scan Technology to Efficiently Design 3D Models
2D 포토 스캔 기술을 활용한 효율적인 3D 모델링 제작방법 연구
- Guo, Dawei (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image &Contents, Dongguk University) ;
- Chung, Jeanhun (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image &Contents, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.06.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
Generally, in special effect video and 3D animation design process, character and background's 3D model is built by 3D program like MAYA or 3DS MAX. But in that manual modeling mode, model design needs much time and costs much money. In this paper, two experimental groups are set to prove use 2D photo scan modeling mode to build 3D model is effective and advanced. The first experimental group is modeling the same object by different experimental setting. The second experimental group is modeling the same background by different experimental setting. Through those two experimental groups, we try to find an effective design method and matters need attention when we use photo scan design mode. We aim to get the model from whole experiment and prove photo scan modeling mode is effective and advanced.
Photo scan;2D;3D;Point cloud;Modeling
- Zhang Hong, Xiong Hanwei, Jin-ming Wang, Zhang Xiangwei, "Scanning Freefrom Objects by Combining Shape from Silhouette and Shape from Line Structured Light", APPLIED LASER, Vol.28, No.2, pp.115-119, 2008.
- Huang Ping, "The Usage of 3D Scan Technology in Sculpture", Theory Research, Vol.7, No.4, pp.22-23, 2010.
- Zhang Xiao-hong, Zhao Sheng-liang, Chen Feng-tian, "The Application of Agisoft photoscan in UAV Aerial Photographic Image Data Processing", Value Engineering, Vol.237, No.20, pp.230-231, 2013.
- Xiong Hanwei, Zhang Xiangwei, "A Simple 3D Scanner Using a Hand-Held Laser Source", APPLIED LASER, Vol. 21, No.6, pp.369-369, 2001.
- AUTODESK 3DS MAX 2014, "Point Cloud Object", http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/CHS/3ds-M ax-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-49CE0ACB-13 45-4D50-B6E5-361DBFDB5B33.htm,topicNumber= d30e157590, 2014.
- PEARS N, LIU Y, BUNTING P, 3D Imaging, Analysis and Applications, pp.223-224, Springer, 2012.
- Yu Zhilu, Ji-li Yao, Liu Keli, Marin, Jia Xiangyang, "Influence of Coordinate Conversion Accuracy on Choosing Parameters in Mathematical Models of Point Clouds Registration" ; Journal of Geomatics Science and Technology, Vol.31, No.3, pp.283-287, 2014.
- Li Dan, "Agisoft Photoscan Operation Method", http://www.doc88.com/p-7502991210408.html, Dec.08, 2011.
- "3d modeling and measurement of archaeological work",http://www.360doc.com/content/17/0311/10/3 9940063_635763502.shtml, Mar.11, 2017.
- Ye Ying, Xiao-dong Kang, He Guangjun, Jun-lai Guo, "3D Computerized Animation Derived from 3D Scanning Technology-Motion Capture Technique", Image Technology, Vol.1, No. 4, pp.50-52, 2002.
- Huang Jian, Wang Ji, "Production and Application of Automatic Real 3D Modeling of Multi-view Images", Bulletin of Surveying and Mapping, Vol.23, No. 4, pp75-78, 2016.
- "How to use 3D scanner to scan a clear portrait", http://jingyan.baidu.com/article/49ad8bce6d792c5834 d8face.html, Nov.24, 2014.
- MyounJae Lee, "A Game Design for IoT environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 133-138, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.133
- Donghyun Kim, Minho Kim, "Design of Mixed Reality based Convergence Edutainment System using Cloud Service", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 103-109, 2015.
- Doo-Hee Han, "Design and Characteristics of 6-60 Lens for CCTV," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 85-91, 2016.
- Eugene Rhee, "Security Algorithm for Vehicle Type Recognition," Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 77-82, 2017.