- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Basic Study for Development of Youth On-line Game Competence Quotient
청소년 대상 온라인 게임 역량 지수 개발을 위한 기초 연구
- Kim, Ki-Suk (Dept. of Information & Contents, College of Natural Science Kwangwoon univ.)
- 김기석 (광운대학교 자연과학대학 정보콘텐츠학과)
- Received : 2017.05.22
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
Human resources required in society of knowledge and information are those who not only learn about knowledge and information but also apply those acquired sources to creatively trouble-shoot issues through independent or cooperative relationship. This study is to clarify that there is a positive effect from use of on-line game by youth as youth may have an opportunity to learn the competence required by present and future society of knowledge and information. Moreover, this study is to propose that positive competence may be acquired through on-line game and that the systematic device is required to show the classification of competence from game under characteristics of users. For upright settlement of gaming culture, game companies and the government are required to cooperate actively. Therefore, it is expected that the data from this study will be used as basis of studies of development of youth on-line game competence Quotient to grant upright gaming culture and youth on-line game competence Quotient.
Youth;On-line Game;Competence Quotient;Policy Proposal;Gaming Competence;Game Competence Quotient
- Lee Eun-sun, "Got game : how the gamer generation is reshaping business forever.", Seoul, sejong books, 2006.
- Ministry of Education, "Basic plan of university education capacity enhancement project", Ministry of Education, 2013.
- R. Koster, "Games as arts.", Routledge, London and New York, 1999.
- J. Juul, "What computer games can do and cannot do.", Paper presented at the digital arts and culture conference in Bergen, pp. 1-12, 2000.
- D. Williams, "Trouble in River City: The social life of video games.", Unpublished Ph.D. dissertation. University of Michigan, 2004.
- A. S. Rossi, "Commentary: Wanted: Alternative Theory and Analysis Modes.", In Vern L. Bengtson, K. Warner Schaie,& Linda M. Burton (Eds.), Adult Intergenerational Relations: Effects of Societal Change, Springer Publishing Company, N.Y., pp. 264-276, 1995.
- J. Newman, "Video games.", Routledge, London, 2004.
- O na-la, "Structural Dynamics of Online Game Life Satisfaction and its Relationship to Social Support and Social Self-efficacy: Analysis of Online Game Generation", Chung-ang University, 2006.
- Jang ye-bich, Park So-ho, Yoo Seung-ho, "A Study on Online Game Experience and Social Self-efficacy", Journal of Korea Game Society, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 97-105, 2008.
- Choi Moon-he, "study on the psychological effect of internet communication services based on the internet game, chatting and the blog", Hong-ik University, 2005.
- M. R. Walker, "The effects of video games and TV/film violence on subsequent aggression in male adolescents.", University of Southern Mississippi. 1984.
- J. A. Brusa, "Effects of video game playing on children's social behavior.", De Paul University, Chicago, IL. 1987.
- Kim Yong-Eun, "Media literacy in the digital age", Communication Books, 2009.
- Statistical Office, "2013 Youth Statistics", Ministry of Gender Equality & Family, 2013.
- Lee dong yeon, "Game effects", Imagine, 2014.
- Seo I-Jong, "Knowledge Sociology", Seoul National University Press, 1988.
- Lee Jae-Seung , "Informational society and reading instruction", Journal of reading research, Korean Reading Society, Vol. 5, pp. 83-104, 2000.
- Yoon Hyun-Sook, Kim Tae-Joon, Lee Seok-jae, Song Sun-Young, "Research on the national standards of life competencies and quality management for learning system III", Korean Educational Development Institute, 2004.
- Kim Tae-Joon, Shin Eun-Soo, Lee Kyung-Hee, Jang Geun-Yeong, Son Su-min, " Study on supportive policies for competency promotion in development stage of life", Korean Educational Development Institute, 2008.
- Game Rating and Administration Committee homepage, http://www.grac.or.kr/
- Shin Soon-Young, Kim Chan-Suk, "Computer use education: An Effect of Using Computer Game in Learning Strategies and the Attainment Degree of Studies", The Journal of Korean association of computer education, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 79-89, 2002.
- Jung Yu-Jung, Lee Sook , " Computer - game Activities , Addiction and Aggression of Middle School boys", Family and Environment Research , Vol. 39, No. 8, pp. 67-80, 2001.
- T. Willoughby, "A short-term longitudinal study of internet and computer game use by adolescent boys and girls: Prevalence, frequency of use, and psychosocial predictors.", Developmental Psychology, 44, pp. 195-204. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-1622.214.171.124
- L. Okagaki & P. A. Frensch, "Effects of video game playing on measures of spatial performance: Gender effects in late adolescence.", Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, Vol. 15, pp. 33-58. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1016/0193-3973(94)90005-1
- D. H. Clements, "Effect of LOGO and CAI environments on cognition and creativity.", Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 78, pp. 309-318, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1999
- Kim Ki-Suk, Jung Hyung-Won , "Leadership Experience through Guild Activities on Online Games : A Phenomenological Analysis", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 415-423, 2016.
- Kim Joo-Woo, Lee Dae-Young, Kim Min-Chul, Jeong Eui-Jun, "The Effect of adolescent game players Game using pattern, psychology factor on Leadership", The Journal of the Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 75-81, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21493/kscg.2016.29.2.75
- Seong Jong-Sig, Jin Jin-ok, Lee Dong-Cheol, "A Study on the Relationship Between On-Line Game Behaviors of Youngsters and Social Satisfaction at School ", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society , Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 12, 2006.
- L. J. Hobbs & Z. Yan, "Cracking the walnut: Using a computer game to impact cognition, emotion and behavior of highly aggressive fifth grade students." Computers in Human Behavior, 24, pp. 421-438. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2007.01.031
- J. P. Gee, "Why game studies now? Video games: A new art form.", Games and Culture, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 58-61, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1555412005281788
- Kim Young-Hee, "The Effects of Computer Game Culture on Youth Education", Korea Information Culture Center, 1993.
- Im Song-Mi, "Effects of computer games on children's mathematical skills and spatial skills", Seoul National University, 2000.
- Yoo Seung-Ho, Kim Bo-Young, "A Study on the Correlation between Computer Game and Creativity", The Korean Psychological Association, Vol. 1, pp. 190-193, 2006.
- KimJel-Na ,Choi Yun-Jin, "A Study on Functionality of the Games-On Creativity and Community Sense of Children", The Journal of the Korean Society for Computer Game, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 125-131, 2013.