- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Structural Model Analysis on UHDTV Service Usage: Control Effects of Symbolism
UHDTV서비스 이용에 대한 구조 모형 분석: 상징성 조절효과
- Jung, Hoe-Kyung (Dept. of Newmedia, Seoul Media Institute of Technology)
- 정회경 (SMIT(서울미디어대학원대학교) 뉴미디어학부)
- Received : 2017.05.25
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
This study was conducted structural model analysis focusing on the factors influencing UHDTV service usage. The perceived quality, innovativeness, price sensitivity are adopted as independent variables and perceived usefulness, perceived easy use are adopted as intervening variables. Especially symbolism used it as a control variable. As a result of the analysis by PLS, the influence coefficient of perceived quality was significantly higher than other variables. However, the combined effect of symbolism and perceived quality has a negative effect on perceived usefulness, and the more the users consider the symbolism of UHDTV usage, the more negative the evaluation of UHD quality and usefulness. With the launch of the terrestrial UHDTV service in May 2017, the most important issue is the production and distribution of high-quality content that users want.
UHDTV;Technology Acceptance Model;UHD Content;Symbolism;Intension to Use
- Asis Economy, "UHD in May, Content than image quality" 2017.4.21.
- Y. S. Choi & S. K. Hong, "Multi-Channel View for UHDTV System", Broadcasting and Media Magazine, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.80-89, 2014.
- S. H. Jin, "Analysis Methods for Efficient Commercialization System in Accordance with the UHD Broadcasts", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 15, Issue 10, pp.138-149, 2015.
- H. K. Kim, "A Study on the Policy Issue of the Terrestrial UHD TV for Viewers", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 17, Issue 1, pp.496-506, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.01.496
- S. K. Byun, "A Study for the Audience's Benefits from a UHD TV Channel", Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunications Research, 89, pp.9-34, 2015.
- M. R. Lee et al. "A Study on the Adoption of UHD for Users Perceived usefulness and ease of use of UHDTV". Journal of Broadcast Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp.48-56, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5909/JBE.2015.20.1.48
- H. J. Kim & H. K. Jung, "Factors of Influencing on UHDTV acceptance", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No. 6, pp. 425-430, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.425
- F. D. Davis, R. P. Bagozzi, & P. R. Warshaw, "User acceptance of computer technology: A comparison of two theoretical models". Management Science, Vol.35, No. 8, pp. 982-1003, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- J. Schepers & M. Wetzels, "A meta analysis of the technology acceptance model: Investigating subjectitive norm and moderation effects", Information & Management, Vol.44, No. 1, pp.90-102, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.10.007
- K. L. Keller, "Conceptualizing, Measuring and Managing Customer-based Brand Equity", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp.1-22, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252054
- R. E. Goldsmith & S. J. Newell, "Innovativeness and price sensitivity: Managerial, Theoretical and methodological issues", Journal of Product & Brand Management, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp.163-174, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/10610429710175682
- A. T. Hsieh & E. T. Chang, "The effect of consumer participation on price sensitivity", Journal of Consumer Affairs, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp.282-296, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6606.2004.tb00869.x
- P. Verdegem & L. De Marez, "Rethinking dererminants of ICT acceptance: Towards an integrated and comprehensive overview", Technovation, Vol. 31, No. 8, pp.411-423, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2011.02.004
- S. Shavitt, "Products, Personalities and Situations in Attitude functions: Implications for Consumer Behavior", Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 16, pp.300-305, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1086/209216
- H. K. Jung & C. H. Oh, Issues and Prospects in UHDTV, Communication Books, 2015.
- A. H. Van de Ven, & D. L. Ferry, Measuring and assessing organizations, New York: Wiley, 1980.
- W. H. Park, "Empirical study on the effects of information systems on the performance of emotional labors", Ph.D. dissertation, Kwangwoon University, 2014.
- M. Srite & E. Karahanna, "The role of espoused national cultural values in technology acceptance", MIS quarterly, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp.679-704, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148745
- M. Tenenhaus et al., "PLS path modeling", Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Vol. 48, No. 1, pp.159-205, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csda.2004.03.005
- R. F. Falk & N. B. Miller, "A primer for soft modeling", University of Akron Press, 1992.
- S. H. Hong & S. Y. Jung, "The Study for the Image Quality Measurement in IPTV", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.39-43, 2011.
- J. H. Lee, "A Study on How Reference Groups, Convenience and Pursuit of Information Affect Subscription-Based Webtoon Service Usage through Reliability and Curiosity," Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.101-109, 2017.