- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Material Analysis with Usability for Virtual Costume Hanbok in Digital Fashion Show
디지털 패션쇼를 위한 가상 한복 재질분석 및 사용성 연구
- Ahn, Duckki (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University) ;
- Chung, JeanHun (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.06.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
This study seeks to propose the virtual costume's pipeline production in digital fashion show which is based on the unique characteristic combining computer graphic technology and traditional fashion design. This study analyzed the fabric materials based on Korean traditional costume to create a virtual Hanbok for the digital fashion show, and conducted the group of professional's satisfaction statistics through the experiment to verify the realistic usability. The contents of primary process of producing virtual Korean costume is analyzed by summarizing the thickness, weight, and color as the three essential fabric properties required for virtual Hanbok. In addition, virtual costumes are compared with real Hanbok based on the usability survey to evaluate the positive research result by forty graphic experts. The purpose of this study is to present the guideline of essential material analysis of the fabrication to digital fashion show in the virtual clothing production.
Computer Graphic;Digital Fashion Show;Virtual Hanbok;Material Analysis;Usability Survey
- M. R. Seo, and A. K. Kim, "Fashion styles and characteristics of game characters", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, 343-349, 2015.
- T. K. Kwak, "A study on the expressive characteristics of digital clothing development trends", Journal of Korean Society of Fashion Design, Vol, 13, No, 1, 141-157, 2013.
- C. Qiu, and Y. Hu, "The research and development of the future fashion design", American International Journal of Contemporary Research, Vol. 4, No. 12, pp.126-130, 2014.
- J. H. Jang, "New conditions and definition of images in digital era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 5, No. 2, 155-165, 2007.
- H. K. No, "A study on the field fashion styling and fashion stylists's roles", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, 531-537, 2014.
- S. K Lee, and S. Y. lee, "The comparative analysis of shapes 3D apparel CAD virtual clothing and actual clothing", Journal Korea Society of Visual Design Forum, Vol. 30, pp. 255-264, 2011.
- S. H. Wu, and C. Y. Kim, "A study on 3D virtual clothing by utilizing digital fashion show", Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 529-537, 2013. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2013.16.4.529
- Y. H. Na, and S. J. Kim, "The comparative study on characteristic expressivity of movie clothing and 3D virtual clothing", Journal of Korea Society Cloth Industry, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 1-12, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.1.001
- S. R Kim, and D. K. Ahn, "Analysis of substantial visual elements in 3D digital fashion show", Journal of Communication Design, Vol. 57, No. 0, pp. 306-320, 2016.
- Helen Joseph Armstrong, "Patternmaking for Fashion Design. Pearson", 2009.
- Jenny Udale, "Basic Fashion Design 02. Fairchild Books", 2008.
- Melanie Bowles, Ceri Isaac, "Digital Textile Design", Laurence King Publishing, 2009.
- D. Y. Lee, and J. C. Jo, "User sentiment analysis on Amazon fashion product review using word embedding", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 4, 1-8, 2017.
- H. K. Lee, and E. H. Shin, "Converged influencing factors on the stages of change of exercise in middle aged women", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, 187-197, 2015.
- H. S. Kim, and S. H. Lee, "Multi-path virtual network resource allocation with shared backup bandwidth", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, 17-23, 2016.