- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Convergence-based Integrated simulation Practice program on the Clinical decision making, Problem solving process, Clinical competence and Confidence of core fundamental nursing skill performance for Nursing Students
융복합 기반 통합시뮬레이션실습 교육이 간호대학생의 임상의사결정능력, 문제해결과정, 임상수행능력, 핵심기본간호술 수행 자신감에 미치는 효과
- Moon, Mi-Young (Dept. of Nursing, Joongbu University)
- 문미영 (중부대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.05.30
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
This study was performed to examine that convergence-based integrated simulation practice program curriculum effects the clinical decision making, problem solving competence, clinical competence and confidence of core fundamental nursing skill performance for nursing students. After the convergence-based integrated simulation practice program, there were significant increased in problem solving process(t=-3.052, p<.01), clinical competence(t=-4.279, p=.000), and confidence of core fundamental nursing skill performance(t=-2.416, p<.05). The finding of this study verified that the integrated simulation practice program curriculum can be used for improvements of problem solving competence, clinical competence and confidence of core fundamental nursing skill performance for nursing students. It is necessary to develop a scientific analytical evaluation tool and program, and it would be necessary to have a system for scientifically analyzing the integration of simulation practical courses by nursing college students by grade level and subjects.
Nursing students;Convergence-based integrated simulation;Clinical decision making;Problem solving process;Clinical competence;Confidence of core fundamental nursing skill performance
- H.. R. Kim, E. Y. Choi, H. Y. Kang, S. M. Kim, "The relationship among learning satisfaction, learning attitude, self-efficacy and the nursing students' academic achievement after simulation-based education on emergency nursing care." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 5-13, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.005
- C. S. Kyo, "Critical thinking disposition, problem solving ability, and clinical competence in nursing students." Journal of Korean Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 71-78, 2011.
- Rye-Won. Ma, " Critical thinking disposition and problem solving ability of nursing students". Ph. D. dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2009.
- J. H. Kim, K. J. Kwon, S. H. Lee, "Factors influencing problem solving abilities of nursing students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 295-307, 2017.
- I. S. Kwon, " An analysis on clinical education of pediatric nursing." Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 344-356, 2002.
- M. H. Cho, I. S. Kwon, "A study on the clinical practice experiences on nursing activities of nursing students." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 143-154, 2007.
- Y. J. Kim, " A study on type of clinical experience of adaptation of new nursing staffs in a general hospital." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 443-454, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.4.443
- K. C. Lim, " Directions of simulation-based learning in nursing practice education: a systematic review." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 17 No. 2, pp. 246-256, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.246
- A. J. Bland, A. Topping, B. Wood, "Concept analysis of simulation as a learning strategy in the education of undergraduate nursung students." Nurse Education Today, Vol. 31, No. 7, pp. 664-670, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2010.10.013
- S. H. Lee, Y. L. Chun, K. M. Kim, H. J. Park, "Effects of integrated simulation (deliveryoperation- newborn care) practice program for nursing students." Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 577-599, 2015.
- J. K. Ko, M. S. Chung, M. A. Choe, Y. I. Park, K. S. Bang, J, A. Kim, M. S. Yoo, H. Y. Jang, " Modeling of nursing competencies for competency-based curriculum development." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 87-96, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.87
- E. H. Choi, H. S. Byun, E. H. Kim, H. S. Keum, "The effect of a simulation-based integrated clinical practice program on problem-solving competence, critical thinking and clinical competence among nursing students." Crisisonomy, Vol.12, No.6, pp. 125-141, 2016.
- S. H. Kim, Y. S. Ham, "A meta-analysis of the effect of simulation based education - korean nurses and nursing students." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 308-319, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.308
- J. M. Kim, Y. S. Choi, " Effects of practice education using the simulator, critical thinking, problem solving ability and nursing process confidence of nursing students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 263-270, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.263
- Cohen, "Statistical power analysis for the behavioral science (2nd ed). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum Press", 1988.
- H. S. Byun, K..H. Kwon, B. D. Suh, "Effect of a simulation-based education for advanced cardiovascular life support on knowledge, self-efficacy, clinical performance ability and problem solving process in nursing students." Journal of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 261-273, 2014.
- H. M. Jenkins, "Improving clinical decision making in nursing." Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 242-243, 1985.
- M. K. Baek, "Relationship between level of autonomy and clincal decision-making in nursing scale of E.T nurse". Ph. D. dissertation, Yonsei University. 2005.
- W. S. Lee, S. H. Park, E. Y. Choi, "Development of a Korean Problem Solving Process Inventory for Adults." Journal of Korean Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 548-557, 2008.
- Jong-Seung. Lee, "The effects of process behaviors on problem solving performance on various tests". Ph. D. dissertation, Chicago University, 1978.
- J. H. Park, O. H. Woo, " The effects of PBL(Problem-based learning) on problem solving process by learner's metacognitive level." Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 55-81, 2015.
- C. Barrett, F. Myrick, "Job satisfaction in preceptorship and its effect on the clinical performance of the preceptee." Journal of Advanced Nursing, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 364-371, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1998.00511.x
- W. H. Lee, J. J. Kim, H. K. Hur, K. S. Kim, S. M. Lim, "Research for development of clinical performance measurement tool of nursing college students", Yonsei University Nursing Journal, Vol. 13, pp. 17-29, 1991.
- M. S. Choi, " A study on the relationship between teaching effectiveness of clinical nursing education and clinical competency in nursing students". Ph. D. dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- J. H. Yoo, "Factors influencing nursing students' flow experience and clinical competency in simulation-based education-based on Jeffries's simulation model". Ph. D. dissertation, Sungshin Womans University, 2016.
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. 2013. Care competencies for nurses. http://www.kabon.or.kr/
- Y. H. Kim, "Nursing students' performance and confidence in basic nursing skills after the completion of clinical practice : focused on basic nursing skills of low performance". Ph. D. dissertation, Keimyung University, 2002.
- S. S.. Bang, "Relationship among essentials of fundamental nursing skills performance, stress from work and work capability of new clinical nurse". Ph. D. dissertation, Sahmyook University, 2014.
- K. I. Kim, G. S. Jeon, G. S. Chae, "NFC payment system model for security privacy and location information of user." Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 21-22, 2015.
- S. H. Bae, J. S. Shin, S. H. Chun, H. S. Chung, "A study on improving the privacy for personal information collected for statistical processing." , Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 25-30, 2016.
- J. M. Anderson, J. B. Warren, "Using simulation to enhance the acquisition and retention of clinical skills in neonatology." Seminars in Perinatology, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 59-67, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semperi.2011.01.004
- H. K. Hur, H. O. Choi, J. S. Jung, H. W. Kang, G. Y. Kim, " Influence of simulation-based practice on emergency care for patients with dyspnea on learning outcomes in nursing students." Journal of Korean Critical Care Nursing, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 12-22, 2012.
- H. K. Hur, S. M. Park, Y. H. Shin, Y. M. Lim, G. Y. Kim, K. K. Kim, H. O. Choi, J. H. Choi, "Development and applicability evaluation of an emergent care management simulation practicum for nursing Students." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 228-240, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.228
- J. S. Jung, "Relationship of self-directedness and practice satisfaction to clinical practice in nursing students: the mediating effect of clinical competence." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 53-61, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.1.053
- H. Y. Kang, E. J. Kim, Y. J. Oh, "Development of a scenario and evaluation for simulation learning of care for patients with hyperkalemia of liver cirrhosis in emergency unit." Journal of Korean Contents Society, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 312-321, 2013.
- H. K. Kim, "Application effect of simulation education for clinical decision making enhancement of nursing students". Ph. D. dissertation, Chonnam National University, 2015.
- M. S. Yoo, J. H. Park, S. R. Lee, "The effects of case-based learning using video on clinical decision making and learning motivation in undergraduate nursing students." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 40, No. 6, pp. 863-871, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.6.863
- M. E. Jung, "The effects of case-based learning on clinical decision making and nursing performance in undergraduate nursing student". Ph. D. dissertation, Pusan National University, 2012
- C. A. Tanner, "Thinking like a nurse: a research-based model of clinical judgement in nursing", Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 204-211, 2006.
- I. J. Hwang, " Clinical decision making patterns of pediatric nurses", Journal of Korean parent Child Health, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 20-32, 2012.
- H. S. Shin, K. K. Shim, "Nursing student's experiences on pediatric nursing simulation practice." Journal of East-West Nursing Research, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 147-155, 2010.
- Y. J. Yi, " The causal relationships of the variable to decision-making of clinical nurses". Ph. D. dissertation, Hanyang University, 2001.
- B. Garrett, "Students nurse's perceptions of clinical making in the final year of adult nursing studies", Nurse Education in Practice, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 30-39, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2004.03.003
- S. N. Park, M. S. Chu, Y. Y. Hwang, S. H. Kim, S. K. Lee, "Effects of integrated nursing practice simulation-based training on stress, interest in learning, and problem-solving ability of nursing students." Journal of Korean Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 424-432, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.4.424
- S. K. Lee, S. H. Kim, S. N. Park, "Persistence of integrated nursing simulation program effectiveness." Journal of Korean Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 283-291, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.3.283
- H. J. Chae, " The needs and effects of convergence-based simulation practice for obstetrical nursing." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 377-386, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.377
- H. J. Kang, M. Y. Kim , H. J. Choe, " Effects of integrated nursing practicum by applying simulation-problem based learning on critical thinking disposition, nursing process competence, and self-confidence on core basic nursing skills." Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 495-508, 2016.
- Y. H. Kim, S. Y. Hwang, A. Y. Lee, "Perceived confidence in practice of core basic nursing skills of new graduate nurses." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 37-46, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.1.37
- M. S. Jung, Y. S. Kwon, "The effects of convergence-based reduction on core basic nursing skills on nursing students' competence and confidence." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 295-302, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.295
- E. H. Park, H. R. Park, H. S. Kim. "Approaches to convergence curriculum for healthcare-affiliated students with clinical competence assessment program." Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 79-86, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.079