- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Convergent Influence of Self Efficacy, Job Characteristics and Occupational Stress on Job Satisfaction among Hospital Administrative Staff
병원행정직의 자기효능감, 직무특성 및 직무스트레스가 직무만족도에 미치는 융복합적 영향 분석
- Bae, Sang-Yun (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju) ;
- Kim, Seung-Hee (Dept. of Health Administration, Vision University of Jeonju)
- Received : 2017.06.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
We study convergent influence on Job Satisfaction(JS) and its association with Self Efficacy(SE), Job Characteristics(JC) and Occupational Stress(OS) among Hospital Administrative Staff(HAS). The survey was administered to 221 staff from 11 general hospitals located in Jeonbuk area from Nov. 1st, 2016 to Jan. 31st, 2017. The structured self-administered questionaries were used. JS was positively correlated with SE and three sub-domains of JC, and it was negatively correlated with seven sub-domains of OS. With the analysis of covariance structure, OS was more influential on JS than SE and JC. The study found the higher SE and JC, and the lower OC tend to increase JS. The results indicate that the efforts, to increase SE and JC, and to decrease OS, are required to increase the JS of HAS. The results are expected to be useful for organization personnel management to increase the JS of HAS. In the following study, the analysis about convergent additional factors of influence on JS will be needed.
Hospital Administrative Staff;Occupational Stress;Job satisfactions;Convergent influence;SEM
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, "Analysis of convergent factors Related to job satisfaction among hospital administrative staff", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15. No. 4, pp. 365-375, 2017.
- J. W. Lee, G. C. Kim, "A pilot study on job satisfaction of korean medical clinic workers", Korea J of hospital management, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 1-20, 2012.
- G. B. Shim, "Structure model for job satisfaction and service quality of staff of geriatric hospital", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 4, pp. 357-366, 2014.
- H. R. Jung, A. R. Son, Y. J. Yun, S. H. Lee, S. B. Lee, J. A. In, K. H. Kang, "Study on self-development needs, job satisfaction, self -efficacy by general characteristics of dental hygienist", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6. No. 6, pp. 231-239, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.231
- H. S. Kang, Y. K. Lee, I. S. Chae, "Job importance, job performance, and job satisfaction in dietitians at geriatric hospitals or elderly healthcare facilities in Jeju", J Nutr Health, Vol. 49. No. 3, pp. 189-200, 2016. https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2016.49.3.189
- M. H. Lee, "Convergence factor influencing job satisfaction of radiographer", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No 8, pp. 357-368, 2015.
- B. M. Bang, S. Y. Lee, J. O. Cheong, "Empirical study on the turn-over intention of university hospital nurses", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No 2, pp. 205-213, 2015.
- D. B. Slavitt, P. L. Stamps, E. Piedmont, A. M. B. Haase, "Nurses satisfaction with their work situation". Nurs Res., Vol. 27, No, 2, pp. 114-120, 1978.
- B. Y. Park, J. H. Shin, "Relevance of role perceptions and job satisfaction of hospital workers", The J of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 1197-1203, 2012.
- J. R. Hackman, G. R. Oldham, "Development of the job diagnostic survey", J of applied Psychology, Vol. 60, pp. 159-170, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0076546
- S. Y. Bae, S. H. Kim, "Analysis of the influence of human nature factors, mental health factors and fatigue on occupational stress among hospital administrative staff using a structural equation model", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13. No. 3, pp. 221-229, 2015.
- Y. K. Ko, "Relationship of nurse practice environment and work-family conflict to job satisfaction in hospital nurses in Korea", J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 207-216, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.207
- F. Faul and E. Erdfelder, A. Lang, A. Buchner, "G*Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences", Behavior Research Methods, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp.175-191, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- R. M. Tipton, E. L. Worthington, "The measurement of generalized self-efficacy: A study of construct validity", J of Personality Assessment, Vol. 48, pp. 545-548, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4805_14
- S. M. Yang, "The development and effectiveness of group program on empowerment for the parents with mentally retarded adults", Seoul National University, Doctoral Dissertation, 2000.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. M. Kang, M. K. Kang,, C. G. Lee, J. J. Jung, J. J. Cho, M. Son, C. H. Chae, J. W. Kim, "Developing an occupational stress scale for korean employees", Korean J Occup Environ Med, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317. 2005.
- M. D. Kim, C. H. Lee, "A study on the relevance between workers' job characteristics and organizational effectiveness by job stress in small & medium sized enterprises", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14. No 5, pp. 207-215, 2016.
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, "Factors related to occupational stress among hospital administrative staff", J of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12. No. 10, pp. 433-443, 2014.
- K. I. Hwang, I. H. Lee, H. S. Rhee, "The influence on metropolitan university hospital administrative staff job satisfaction", The J of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 639-648, 2014.
- E. S. Shin, "Job satisfaction and relating factors of medical record technicians working in general hospitals", J of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 337-346, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.337
- S. C. Choi, J. S. Lee, S. Y. Sim, J. H. Lee, J. H. Park, "The effect of job stress and depression on job satisfaction among workers in small and medium sized enterprises", J of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 2017.
- Y. S. Jeong, "U-healthcare service management scheme for big data of patient information", J of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 1-6, 2015.