- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on Hospital Choice Factors between First-visit and Revisit patients in General Hospitals
초진과 재진환자의 종합병원 선택요인 비교분석
- Yang, Jong-Hyun (Department of Health Administration, Jungwon University)
- 양종현 (중원대학교 보건행정학과)
- Received : 2017.05.15
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
The purposes of this study is to analysis the differences of the hospital choice factors between first-visit and revisit patients in general hospitals. The samples used for data analysis are 499 outpatients of G, H, S, U hospitals using a standardized questionnaires in 4 provinces. In case of first-visit patients, human, effectiveness and accessibility factors were found to have a significant positive(+) effect on hospital choice factors. In case of revisit patients, human, physical, accessibility, image of hospital and salary factors were found to have a significant positive(+) effect on hospital choice factors. Based on these results, this study suggests implications to improve customer satisfaction, profitability and provide a high-quality medical service by making effectively use of planning strategies of hospital management with a variety of factors.
Hospital Choice Factors;First-visit Patients;Revisit Patients;Human Factors;Accessibility Factors
- J.Y.Kim, "The Selection of the Medical Institutions by Motivation of Medical Service Utilization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.11, pp.217-230, 2015.
- C.H.Kang, "A Study on the Effects of Core Factors of Medical Service Quality on Customers' Intention of Reuse", Ph.D. dissertation, Inje University. 2012.
- G.B.Sim, "Structure Model for TQM and Internal Customer Satisfaction of Medical Institutions", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.10, pp.459-470, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.459
- J.W.Lee, S,H.Yang, K.H.Kim, "A Study on Influential Factors on Satisfaction with the Use of Medical Services by the Qualified Recipients of Medical Aid", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.3, pp.289-297, 2014.
- J.H.Yang, D.M.Jang, "Original Articles : The Effects of Medical Service Quality on the Customer Satisfaction and Intention of Revisit in Long-Term Care Hospitals, Korean journal of hospital management Vol.17.3, pp37-56, 2012.
- M.H.Park, "Analysis of the Effects of Hospital Selection Factors on Customer Satisfaction and Customer Loyalty", Ph.D. dissertation, Chungbuk National University. 2010.
- Anderson, EW, Fornell C, Lehmann DR. "Customer Satisfaction, Market Share, and Profitability", Journal of Marketing, Vol.13, pp.53-66,1994.
- Oliver, "Satisfaction A Behavior all Perspective on the Consumer", McGraw-Hill, International Editions, 1997.
- Megivern, K., Margo Haim, G. Jones. "Measuring Patient Satisfaction as an Outcome of Nursing Care", Journal of Nursing Quality Vol.6, No.11, pp.9-24, 1992
- B.H.Im, H.S.Choi "Determination Factors and Satisfaction of Health Screening Center by Health Examination at Hospital", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.12, pp.457-467, 2014.
- J.B.Cha, H.Y.Lee, "Effect of MOT Medical Service Failure Factors on Dissatisfaction and Customer Complaint Behaviors" Academy of customer satisfaction management Vol.18, No.4, pp.25-43, 2016.
- S.J.Kim, C.O.Oh, "Factors that Affect Decisions for Selecting Hospital and Different Awareness", Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture Vol18, No.4, pp.39-51, 2012.
- K.M.Park, J.H.Yang, D.M.Jang, "The Effects of Hospital Choice Factors on Customer Satisfaction and Revisiting Intention in General Hospitals", The Korea Contents Society Vol.15, No.8, pp.375-388, 2015.
- C.L.Cheong, T.J.Lee, "The Effect of Increase in Coinsurance Rate for Tertiary Hospital Visits on the Choice among Different Types of Medical Facilities Stratified by Income Levels in Korea", Korea Journal of Healthcare Economics and Policy Vol.21, No.1, pp.103-124, 2015.
- G.B.Sim, "Structure Model for Job Satisfaction and Service Quality of Staff of Geriatric Hospital", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.4, pp.357-366, 2014.
- S.Y.An, "The Effect of Strategy Orientation on Performance in General Hospital", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.3, pp.309-316, 2014.
- J.Y.Kim, "Selection of the Medical Institutions by Motivation of Medical Service Utilization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.11, pp.217-230, 2015.
- J.S. Kim, A.H. Eom, M.S. Yu, "Medical Convergence Analysis of Complaint about Medical Service in an Affiliated Hospital", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 5, pp. 117-125, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.117
- E.H. Kim, "A Convergence Study about Influences of Self-efficacy and Mindfulness on Job Satisfaction on General Hospital Nurses", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 5, pp. 107-116, 2016.
- M.H. Kim, J.R. Chun, S. A, Hong, "Factors of Family Function and Self-efficasy Influencing Old Patient's Decision of Advance Directives Attitude," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 123-129, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.123
- M.S. Kim, S.Y. Yun, "Effects of Eating Habits and Self-efficacy on Nursing Students' Health Promotion Behaviors: in convergence era," Journal of Convergence for Information Technology , Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 111-117, 2017.