- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Location Recognition and Notification Method of Attacker in Wireless Network Environment
모바일 환경에서의 공격자 위치 특정 및 알람 기법
- Bong, Jin-Sook (Dept. of Computing, Soongsil University) ;
- Park, Sang-Jin (Dept. of Computing, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2017.05.08
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
Wireless network using dynamic IP and mobile IP technology provides the user with convenience of access and movement. However, this causes the attacker who disguises normal user(pretending to be a regular user) to have more opportunity in regard to access and acquisition of information. This paper help the network administrator and the service provider quickly to recognize the attacker's intention to access network and service. Therefore network administrator and service provider can specify and respond the location of the attacker appropriately. To achieve above, we define an entity (W_L_M) that manages user information of WiFi and LTE network, and propose messages and procedures for attacker's location identification and alarm. The performance evaluation of this paper is based on qualitative analysis. By using the proposed method, some cost (message creation, processing and transmission) occurred but it was analyzed to be less than the total network operation cost. The proposal of this paper is a management method that utilizes existing network information and structure. This method can be used as a reference material to enhance security.
Attacker's location recognition;Alarm;LTE-wifi interworking;Mobile;Security
- J.H. Oh, K.H. Lee, "Attack Scenarios and Countermeasures using CoAP in IoT Environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 4, pp. 33-37, 2016.
- C.R. Seo, K.H. Lee, "ARP Spoofing attack scenarios and countermeasures using CoAP in IoT environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 4, pp. 39-44, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.039
- S.W. Cho, W.J. Jang, H.W. Lee, "mVoIP Vulnerability Analysis And its Countermeasures on Smart Phone", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 7-12, 2012.
- J.T. Kim, M.H. Han, J.H. Lee, J.H. Kim, I.K. Kim, "Technical Trends of the Cyber Attack Traceback", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol.29, No.1, pp.93-103, 2014.02.
- J.T. Kim, I.K. Kim, K.H. Kang, "Technical Trends of the Cyber Targeted Attack Traceback-Connection Chain & Traceback", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 120-128, 2015.08.
- D.H. Lee, D.G. Yeo, J.h. Jang, H.Y. Youm, "Traceback technology trends at Ad-hoc network", Review of KIISC, Vol.20, No.4. pp.85-94, 2010.08.
- H.W. Lee, "TTL based Advanced Packet Marking Mechanism for Wireless Traffic Classification and IP Traceback on IEEE 802.1x Access Point", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.7. No.1. pp. 103-115, 2007.01
- H.G. Cho, "Trend and prospect of wireless LAN standards", TTA Journal, Vol.147, pp. 39-42, 2013.05. (in Korean)
- J.S. Lim, "Design of Fusion Multilabeling System Controlled by Wi-Fi Signals", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-5, 2015.
- H.C. Kwon, "Technologies for Next Generation Wireless LAN Security", 2015 Annual Security Users' Festival, 2015.11. (in Korean)
- M.S. Gu, Y.Z. Li, "A Study of Countermeasures for Advanced Persistent Threats attacks by malicious code," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 37-42, 2015.
- S.H. Hong, Y.J. Seo, "Countermeasure of Sniffing Attack: Survey," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 31-36, 2016.
- M.Y. Shin, S.H. Hong, "A Defending Method Against DDoS Attacks With Router Control," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 21-26, 2015
- KISA, "A handbook for wireless LAN security", Korea Communications Commission, Korea Information Security Agency, 2010.01. (in Korean)
- J.H. Na, K.S. Kim, D.S. Kwon, H.K. Chung, "Technical Trends of Small Cell Base Stations for LTE", Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, Vol.30, No.1, pp.102-113, 2015.02.
- NMC Consulting Group, "LTE Security I: LTE Security Concept and LTE Authentication", Netmanias Technical Document, 2013.07.
- NMC Consulting Group, "EMM Procedure 1. Initial Attach - Part 2. Call Flow of Initial Attach", Netmanias Technical Document, 2014.01.
- C.M. Yoo, "Understanding the Basic Operations of DHCP", NETMANIAS TECH-BLOG, 2011.12
- R. Droms, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, RFC 2131, IETF, 1997.03.