- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of ICT-Retail Convergence(IRC) and Consumer Value Creation
소비자 구매단계별 기술-유통 통합(IRC)과 가치에 대한 연구
- Park, Sunny (Dept. of Consumer Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Cho, Eunsun (Dept. of Consumer Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Rha, Jong-Youn (Dept. of Consumer Science, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Yuri (Dept. of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Suyoun (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2017.03.27
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
Recently, ICT Retail Convergence(IRC) has been rapidly increasing to improve consumer satisfaction and consumer experience. In this paper, we aim to diagnose IRC from consumers' point of view by reviewing the present status and value of IRC according to consumer purchase decision making process. Based on the previous studies in retail industry, we classified IRC into 4 types: Experience-specific tech(Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality); Information-specific tech(Artificial Intelligence and Big Data); Location-based tech(Radio Frequency Identification and Beacon); Payment-related tech(Fin-tech and Biometrics). Next, we found that there is a difference in value provided to consumers according to the type of technology, analysing the value by consumer purchase decision making process. This study can be useful to introduce IRC for improving consumer satisfaction as well as ICT and Retail. Also, it can be basic data for future technology studies with a consumer perspective.
IRC;ICT;Retail Technology;Consumer Value;Consumer-Centric Perspective
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Pantano, and Eleonora, "Innovation drivers in retail industry" International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 344-350, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2014.03.002
- Belk Russell, "Sharing" Journal of consumer research, No. 36, No. 5, pp. 715-734, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1086/612649
- Gartner, "Forecast Analysis: IT Spending, Worldwide, 3Q15 Update", 2015.
- The Federation of Korean Information Industries, "ICT Industry Mega Trend in 2016", 2016.
- Korea Information Society Development Institute, "Mid- to long-term prospect and response strategy of ICT industry (2016 - 2020)", 2015.
- J. Y. Nam., J. Y. Rha., "Location Privacy Concern and its impact on consumers' intention to use Location-Based Services", Consumer Policy and Education Review, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 81-102, 2009.
- Kaushik, A. K., and Rahman, Z, "An alternative model of self-service retail technology adoption", Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 406-420, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1108/JSM-08-2014-0276
- Dacko, Scott G., "Enabling smart retail settings via mobile augmented reality shopping apps", Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 2016.
- Kallweit, K., Spreer, P., and Toporowski, W., "Why do customers use self-service information technologies in retail? The mediating effect of perceived service quality", Journal of retailing and consumer services, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 268-276, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2014.02.002
- Azhari, E. J., and Bennett, D., "Omni-channel customer experience: An investigation into the use of digital technology in physical stores and its impact on the consumer's decision-making process", AEDEM International Conference, 2015.
- Grewal, D., Bart, Y., Spann, M., and Zubcsek, P. P., "Mobile advertising: a framework and research agenda", Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol. 34, pp. 3-14, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intmar.2016.03.003
- Roy, S. K., Balaji, M. S., Sadeque, S., Nguyen, B., and Melewar, T. C., "Constituents and consequences of smart customer experience in retailing", Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 2016.
- H. T. Kim, "What will we do for OmniChannel & O2O?", Bizbooks, 2015.
- Notomi, N., Tsukamoto, M., Kimura, M., and Yamamoto., S., "ICT and the Future of the Retail Industry : Consumer-Centric Retailing", NEC Technical Journal, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 38-41, 2015.
- KT Management and Economic Research Institute, "Meeting ICT and Retail: Omni-Channel", 2014.
- H. S. Joo., "A study on the convergence of digital contents service with industrial structure and environment change" Korea Society of IT Services Conference Proceedings, pp.588-592, 2009.
- Yong-Young Kim, Mi-Hye Kim, "A Study on Factors Influencing on Companies' ICT-Convergence Cluster Participation.", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 151-161, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.151 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.151
- Verhoef, P. C., Kannan, P. K., and Inman, J. J., "From multi-channel retailing to omni-channel retailing : introduction to the special issue on multi-channel retailing", Journal of retailing, Vol. 91, No. 2, pp. 174-181, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2015.02.005
- Kohli, A., "The digital future of retail", International Educational Scientific Research Journal, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 1-5, 2016.
- Andajani, E., "Understanding Customer Experience Management in Retailing", Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, Vol. 211, pp. 629-633, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.082
- Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry, "Seminar on effective marketing strategy in O2O.Omni Channel era", 2015.
- JDA, "2016 Global Retail Tech Trends", 2016.
- BusinessWire, "Technology Influences Eight of the Top 10 Retail Trends for 2016", 2016.
- B. Y. Jeong., "Virtual reality (VR) status and implications", HanlimICTPolicy Research Center, 2016.
- Jun-Whai Kim, "The Shopping Experience Values at Department Stores and Their Effects on the Brand Asset and the Store Loyalty", Journal of digital Convergence, vol .12, No. 2, pp.151-162, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.151 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.2.151
- Hyang-Mi Kim, So-Young Lee, "The Impact of Customer Value on Relationship Continuity -Focusing on transaction value, relationship value, appraisal value-", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp.123-132, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.123 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.123
- Kyoo-Sung Noh, Joo-Yeoun Lee, "Convergence Study on Model of Job Design Support Platform Using Big data and AI", Journal of digital Convergence, vol .14, No. 7, pp.167-174, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.167 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.167
- C. W. Ahn., and S. G. Hwang., "Big data technology and major issues", Korea Information Science Society, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 10-17, 2012.
- Min-Je Choi, Kyoo-Sung Noh, "Exploratory Study on Crime Prevention based on Bigdata Convergence - Through Case Studies of Seongnam City -, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 125-133, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/ JDC.2016.14.11.125 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.125
- LG Business Insight, "Reality and virtual meet on mobile phone", 2010.
- Jungyeon Sung, Jae-wook Jo, "An Exploratory Study on User Experience of Augmented Reality Advertising", Journal of digital Convergence, vol .14, No. 8, pp. 177-183, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/ JDC.2016.14.8.177 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.177
- Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade, "A Study on the change of distribution ecosystem according to the emergence of new distribution channels", 2015.
- G. Y. Choi., N. S. Seong., H. S. Mo., C. W. Park., and S. H. Quan., "Trends in RFID Technology and Standardization", ETRI, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 29-37, 2007.
- Jeong-Min. Ryu, Yong-Mo Seo, Han-Jin Cho, "A Study on Business Model of Fintech - Focus on the Business model canvas", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 171-179, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.171 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.171
- Byung-Wan Kim, "A Study on convergence of Mobile Smart Commerce and O2O Distributions Business Model for Small to Medium and Micro- Enterprises" Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, no, 5, pp. 161-167, 2015.
- HeeSeon Jang, "Analysis of Keyword Trend for ICT Convergence Services" Jouranl of Information and Security, Vol. 14, no, 2, pp. 35-41, 2014.
- Seong-Hoon Lee, Dong-Woo Lee. "FinTech-Conversions of Finance Industry based on ICT" Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097
- Ki-Bong Kim, Jin-Young Yun. "Comparison and Analysis on Mobile Payment in terms of Security : Survey", Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 5, No.3, pp. 15-20, 2015.