- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study Evaluating a Program for the Interaction between Children in Institutional Care and their Original Families
시설아동과 원가족 상호작용 프로그램 평가 연구
- Kim, Sung-Chun (Dept. of Social Welfare, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Chang, Hae-Lim (Dept. of Social Welfare, Seoul Jangsin University)
- Received : 2017.05.23
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the program for enhancing the interaction capacity between the child care institutions and the original family (associate) and propose a program suitable for the child care institutions. The program was conducted at two institution located in Seoul and Cheongju, and the process evaluation and outcome evaluation were conducted. First, the problems that appeared in the process evaluation were recruiting and maintaining participants. As a result of the satisfaction of each program, it was found that the satisfaction of the program sharing the various experiences or sharing the small daily life was high, and it was positive for the improvement of the relationship. Parents showed improvement in the post -test rather than the pre-test. Through qualitative assessment, positive evaluations were made in programs where the family participated in activities that could not be done together in the camp or everyday life, rather than just one-time activity programs.
Institutional care;Interaction;Original Family Programs;Process Evaluation;Outcome Evaluation
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2015 Needs and Action of Protected Children. 2016.
- J. S. Kwon, S. W. Jung, "A Qualitative Study on the Experiences of Adults after Leaving the Care of the Institution" Journal of Korean Social Welfare, Vol. 61, No. 3, pp. 229-253. 2009. https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2009.61.3.010
- S. J. Leathers, "Behavioral disturbance among foster children: The role of detachment from caregivers and community institutions." Ph.D. dissertation. University of Chicago. 2000.
- A Dworsky, M. E. Courtney, "Homelessness and the transition from foster care to adulthood." Child Welfare, Vol. 88, No. 4, pp.23-56. 2009.
- H. A. Kang, C. R, No, J. S. Jun, I. J. Chung, "The effects of adverse event experiences on depression and anxiety and control factors", Youth Studies, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 193-222. 2012.
- J. H. Jung, I. J. Chung, "A qualitative case study on the drift of children in need", Journal of Korean Society of Child Welfare, Vol. 39, pp.171-212. 2012.
- J. S. Kwon, "Child-rearing facilities Cultural resources for life after leaving youth", The Korean Council for Children's Rights, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.1-29. 2007.
- H. R. No, M. W. Kim, S. Y. Cho, "Child Welfare from the Viewpoint of Prevention and Integration", Seoul: Hakjisa, 2015.
- S. W. Jung, " Factors Affecting Psychosocial Adjustment of Adolescents with Facility Protection " Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul University, 2002.
- S. A. Kim, "The Effect of the Family Relationship Experience on the Social development of Children". MSW. dissertations, Chung Ang University 2015.
- K. B. Kim, "Child and Family: An Integrated Approach". Seoul: Hanwol Academy, 2008.
- O. K. Yang, M. Y. Lee, "A validity study for using family relation scale", Journal of Korean Social Welfare, Vol. 54, pp. 5-33. 2003.
- S. W. Jung, " A study of attachment type and psychological adaptation of facility children" The Korean Council for Children's Rights, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.1-15. 2004.
- H. M. Lee, "A Study on the Characteristics of Original Family Contact-Oriented Problem Behavior of Children in Child Care Institutions". Transactional Analysis and Psychosocial Therapy. Vol. 8, No.1, pp. 85-112. 2011.
- Mi-Hye Kim, Je-Ran Chun, Seong-Ae Hong, Factors of Family Function and Self-efficasy Influencing Old Patient's Decision of Advance Directives Attitude. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 6, No. 4, 123-129, 2016.
- Mi-Seob Oh, A study on the Effects of Parenting Attitudes on School Adjustment in Middle School Students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, 197-203, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.197
- K. S. Choi, Y. H. Kim, S. C. Kim, J. H. Kim, J. Y. Park, J. H. Yoon, Understanding of Family Welfare. Seoul: Human and Welfare. 2006.
- Chun-Ok Jang, "A Study on Convergence Family Function and parameter validation fusion of youth protection factor", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.121-126. 2015, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.121
- Sun-Ae Kwon, Yu-Mi Jan, "Theoretical study to utility of concept mapping for expected outcome draw of multi-organizations network : Focusing on integrated case management activities of community social welfare organizations, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology Vol. 5, No. 1 pp.7-11, 2015.