- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Customized Software Education method using Flipped Learning in the Digital Age
디지털시대에 플립드 러닝을 활용한 학습자 맞춤형 소프트웨어 교육 방안 연구
- Kim, Kyungmi (Global Leadership School, Handong University) ;
- Kim, Hyunsook (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Daegu University)
- Received : 2017.04.19
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the difficulties of learners who started programming after entering college and to search an effective software education method as university liber arts for non-science major students. In order to do this, we analyzed the difficulties of learners in Python programming classes composed of students from various majors at H University through questioning and taught them using flipped class model with pre-questions. The questions that students submit are collected online before class every time, the data on the degree of the difficulty of feeling and the understanding of feeling were obtained through the questionnaire. As a result, for learners who are new to programming, the learners should allocate the process of making the problem into a logical abstraction at the beginning of the curriculum before learning the basic concept of computer language, each lesson should be practiced through the bottom-up problems enough to provide a logical understanding before actual coding. In addition, detailed curriculum should be developed according to characteristics of learner's major, contents and conducting level.
Difficulties of Novice Programmer;Programming Education;Software Curriculum;Feedback of Programming subject
- S. H. Jin, S. B. Shin, "Case Study and Needs Analysis on Convergence Education in Engineering Colleges", Journal of Engineering Education Research, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 29-37, 2013. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2013.16.6.29
- K. M. Kim, H. S. Kim, "A Case Study on Necessity of Computer Programming for Interdisciplinary Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 339-348, 2014.
- J. M. Lee, M. H. Rim, "Derivation of Creative SW HRD Policy Using Analytic Hierarchy Process", Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 95-102, 2013.
- D. J. Kim, E. Y. Ha., "The Future Direction of Information Education in University according to Computerization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 33-40, 2015.
- S. H. Park, "Study of SW Education in University to enhance Computational Thinking", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 1-10, 2016.
- S. Y. Pi, "A Study on Coding Education of Non-Computer Majors for IT Convergence Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 1-8, 2016.
- J. Y. Lee, S. H. Park, "An Exploratory Study on Educational Significance and Environment of Flipped Learning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 313-323, 2014.
- D. Y. Lee, "Research on Developing Instructional Design Models for Flipped Learning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 83-92, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.83
- J. Lee, H. K. Park, "A Study on Cases for Application of Flipped Learning in K-12 Education", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 19-36, 2016.
- D. Y. Lee, J. H. Park, "Exploring new directions of flipped Learning with a focus on teachers' perceptions", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 1-9, 2016.
- S. J. Heo, "Learning Effect Analysis for Flipped Learning based Computer Use Instruction", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 155-162, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.155
- Y. Park, "A Theoretical Exploration of Pedagogical Meaning of Flipped Learning from the Perspective of Dialogism", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 173-179, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.1.173
- S. Y. Pi, "Educational Utilization of Smart Devices in the Convergence Education Era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 29-37, 2015.
- Redekopp, M. W., Ragusa, G., "Evaluating Flipped Classroom Strategies and Tools for Computer Engineering", Proceedings of the 120th American Society of Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition, 2013.
- J. W. Choi, Y. J. Lee, "The analysis of learners' difficulties in programming learning", Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 89-98, 2014.
- J. H. Ku, "Designing an App Inventor Curriculum for Computational Thinking based Non-majors Software Education", Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 61-66, 2017.
- J. S. Sung, S. H. Kim, H. C. Kim, "Analysis of Art and Humanity Major Learners' Features in Programming Class", Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 25-35, 2015.
- M. N. Choi, H. L. Roh, "A study about a convergence development plan of MOOCs based e-learning in university", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 9-21, 2015.
- Souza, M. J. D., Rodrigues, P., "Investigating the effectiveness of the Flipped Classroom in an introductory Programming Course", The New Educational Review, Vol. 40, No. 2, 2015.
- Maher, M. L., Latulipe, C., Lipford, H., Rorrer, A., "Flipped classroom strategies for CS education.", Proceedings of the 46th ACMTechnical Symposiumon Computer Science Education, pp. 218-223, 2015.
- K. M. Kim, K. Yi, "Flipped Class Model with Pre Questions and Its Application to Programming class for Novice Learners", Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education,, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 11-14, 2016.
- S. H. Kim, S. K. Han, H. C. Kim, "Analysis of Programming Processes Through Novices", Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 13-21, 2011.
- Michigan University Python MOOC, https://www.coursera.org/specializations/python