- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Change and Improvement of Smart Grid Policy after the Great East Japan Earthquake
동일본대지진 이후 일본 스마트그리드 정책의 변천과 개선방안 연구
- Lee, Jum-Soon (Korea E-Trade Research Institute, Chung-Ang University)
- 이점순 (중앙대학교 한국전자무역연구소)
- Received : 2017.05.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
This study focuses on the current state of Smart Grid policy in Japan and its problems while the interest in Smart Grid has been increasing since the March 2011 earthquake in East Japan. As a result of the analysis, Japan introduced the fixed price buying system of new and renewable energy in response to the power supply and demand problem caused by the 2011 earthquake in East Japan, and established a decentralized green electricity trading market in which electricity generated from new and renewable energy is traded Smart Grid-related projects were implemented as a solution to solve energy crisis and environmental problems at the same time. As a result, we achieved visible results such as suppressing peak power, reducing CO2 emissions, and securing stable supply and demand of energy using renewable energy sources. On the other hand, the improvement of current Smart Grid policy operation in Japan and the introduction of stabilization system of power system, promotion of international standards of domestic technology related to smart grid, and support for strengthening security of smart grid.
Smart Grid;Great East Japan Earthquake;Japan's energy supply-demand structure;Demonstration Project;Alliance
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- Korea Information Science and Technology Agency, The Obama Administration's Green New Deal Policy and the Renewable Energy Industry Outlook, 2009.
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Q1 2016 Digital Energy Market Outlook-A tale of three regions, 2016.
- T. Tsuyoshi, "Movements towards the introduction of smart grid and issues of our country", National Diet Library Research and Legislation Review Bureau, pp. 29-49, 2010.
- World Economic Forum, Smart grid demonstration experiment-towards success and acceleration, 2010.
- S. Mabuch, K. Morrison, "Evaluation of the impact on the society given by the introduction of smart grid-The way of smart meter and the benefit of stakeholder", GraSPP Working Paper Series, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 1-23, 2011.
- G. R. Yoon, "Research on cooperative activities and business development in smart grid", Fukushima University Area Creation, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 41-62, 2012.
- NEDO, Japan's Energy White Paper, 2012.
- S. C. Lee, T. Sawada, K. Ito, H. Matsuo, Y. Sadoi, "Promotion strategy and outcomes of Korea's smart grid business-subject of Jeju Island road smart grid demonstration project", Meijo review, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 111-137, 2012.
- K. H. Lee, "Analysis of Threats Factor in IT Convergence Security", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2010.
- S. M. Yoo, N. K. Kim, Y. K. Kim, "Smart grid security technology trend analysis and countermeasures", Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 8-14, 2014.
- H. J. Kim, S. H. Jo, "A Study on Consumer Protections for the Introduction of Smart Grid", Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 1-9, 2011.
- S. H. Hong, "Security Issues on Smart Grid", Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 279-284, 2013.
- H. J. Kim, C. K. Park, "A Study on the Evaluation Criteria for the Performance of Smart Grid Pilot Projects", Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 15-20, 2012.
- J. H. Kim, S. J. Lee, K. Y. Kim, S. J. Jeong, "Evaluation and Facilitation of the Korean Smart Grid Market", Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 37-52, 2013.
- H. B. Hwang, B. S. Jung, "Electric Power Energy Saving and Efficient Measures in Buildings using the Smart-Meter", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 365-372, 2014.
- B. S. Kang, K. H. Lee, "A Scheme on Energy Efficiency Through the Convergence of Micro-grid and Small Hydro Energy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 29-34, 2015.
- Y. S. Jeong, Y. T. Kim, G. C. Park, "A Three-dimensional Numerical Weather Model using Power Output Predict of Distributed Power Source", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 93-98, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.093
- S. H. Lee, D. H. Shim, D. W. Lee, "Actual Cases of Internet of Thing on Smart City Industry", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 65-70, 2016.
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Toward international standardization of next generation energy system, 2010.
- Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade, Toward realization of green growth Introducing smart grid, 2009.
- Y. Hayashi, "Trends in smart grid in Japan", Information Processing, Vol. 54, No. 6, pp. 612-619, 2013.
- Korea Energy Economics Institute, Global energy market insights, 2016.
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, About the budget of the next generation energy society system demonstration, 2010.
- Yokohama City Global Warming Countermeasure Headquarters, Global Warming Countermeasure in the Environment Future City/Yokohama, 2016.
- Keihanna Eco Cities Next Generation Energy and Social System Demonstration Project Promotion Council, Keihanna Eco City On the status of efforts of next generation energy and social system demonstration project, 2014.
- Y. Furukawa, "NEDO's Overseas Smart Communication Initiative Project", Japan Trade Association, No. 723, pp. 11-14, 2014.
- Japan Smart Community Alliance(JSCA), Smart Community-Japanese Companies' Initiatives, 2015.
- Y. Okuno. Y. Arai. Y. Hoshi, K. Ito, "International standardization for the next generation energy system", Meidensha Review, Vol. 348, No. 3, pp. 62-68, 2015.