- Volume 15 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Operation & Management of Smart City R&D Testbed Projects
스마트시티 관련 R&D 테스트베드 사업의 운영관리 방향에 관한 연구
- Han, Sun-Hee (Urban Research Division, KRIHS) ;
- Lee, Jae-Yong (Smart & Green City Research Center, Urban Research Division, KRIHS)
- Received : 2017.01.03
- Accepted : 2017.07.20
- Published : 2017.07.28
The Korean government is pursuing technological development through nearly every government agency, and Korea's growing R&D spending is yielding good results in many fields. With the country moving from the technology development stage to the demonstration stage, it is actively implementing testbed projects to demonstrate developed technologies and services. This is, however, not without problems. There is no consistent systematic system for the testbed projects because government agencies compete against each other in the planning of execution of R&D: they do not work together. The most serious problem is that both testbeds and developed technologies die out due to poor operation management after the completion of test projects. Research should, therefore, be done on operation management and commercialization. However, the government still does not consider the system after the test: it focuses on building testbeds to verify developed technologies. This study intends to determine the basic orientation of operation management to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, and continuity of national projects through intensive analysis of ongoing national R&D testbed projects and examination of success stories of operation management at home and abroad.
Smart City;High Technology;Intelligence Technology;National R&D Testbed Project;Operation Management of Testbeds;Operation Management System;Smart City
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Relevant Agencies, "Government's R&D Innovation Methods," at the 2016 National Fiscal Strategy Meeting, 2016.
- S. H. Han and J. Y. Lee, "A Study on the Selection of Testbeds for Intelligent Security Based on Spatial Information", Journal of the Korean Cartographic Association, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 101-111, 2015. https://doi.org/10.16879/jkca.2015.15.3.101
- S. W. Choi, J. T. Jung, et al, "The Effect of Government R&D Subsidies Program Participation Factor for SMEs R&D Performances", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 171-180, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.5.171
- S. H. Lee, "A Case Study on Foreign Smart City", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 305-310, 2014.
- National IT Industry Promotion Agency, "U.K.'s 5G Innovation Center builds a 5G testbed by Huawei's investment" in a news brief, 2014.
- Robot newspaper, "U.K. implements robotic testbeds across the nation: Seeking commercial opportunities", July 7, 2014.
- Telecommunications Technology Association, www.tta.or.kr
- O. Y. Kim and J. J. Kim, "A Study on O&M Methods of Public Facilities in the Haengbok Public Rental Housing Areas," Korea Spatial Planning Review, Vol. 86, pp. 33-58, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15793/kspr.2015.86..003
- Korea Chamber of Commerce & Industry, "Korean Market's Advantages as a Global Testbed and Utilization Strategy", in a research report, 2013.
- K. J. Han, N. Y. Kwak, et al, "A Study on Assessment of Importance and Priority Derivation from Activities of Technology Transfer & Licensing Organization Using AHP Method", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 37-46, 2016.
- J. J. Rho, S. K. Lee, et al., "A Study on the Implementation and Utilization of High-tech Testbeds Suitable for the Daedeok R&D Special Zone", Ministry of Science and Technology, 2006.
- K. S. Song, J. M. Park, et al., "A Study on the Selection of Testbeds for Intelligent Geo-spatial Information Technology", Journal of Korea spatial information society, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 1-9, 2009.
- Hyang-Soon Joun, Sang-Yong Lee, "AHP-based Technology Start-ups Factors Analysis system", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 13, No 4, pp.311-317, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.311
- Dae-Ho Byun, "Evaluating Usability of Egovernment Web Sites Using the AHP", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 8, No 3, pp 19-37, 2010
- Hyeon-Woo Nam, "A Study on Efficiency and Efficient Management Methods of Small-sized Disposal Facilities for Each Disposal Technique", Master's thesis, Hanbat National University, 2014.
- J. S. Joo, D. J. Chung, et al., "Development of the O&M System for the Comprehensive Plan to Reduce Damage from Storm and Flood," Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, No. 15, No. 3, pp. 131-139, 2015. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.3.131
- S. I. Kim, Y. C. Kim, et al., "O&M Methods of the ITS Management Center," Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, pp. 1-6, 2004.
- Cho-Won Yang, "A Study on How to Improve the Integrated Management of Historic and Cultural Landscapes From the Perspective of the Earth", Mater's thesis, ChungAng University, 2013.
- Jong-In Choi, "A Study on How to Stimulate a Development Promotion District", Mater's thesis, Hongik University, 2013.
- K. Y. Oh, S. H. Park, et al., "An Analysis of Problems in O&M of the Storm and Flood Risk Areas", Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol. 2013 No. 11, p. 614-617, 2013.
- K. H. Ko, D. K. Lee, et al, "A DEA Analysis of Achievements for Efficient O&M of Water Supply Service", Korean Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 123-150, 2008.
- H. E. Kim, "An Analysis of Functions to Implement the Comprehensive Management System of BTL Projects: Centering on Schools", Journal of the Korean Digital Architecture And Interior Association, Vol. 13. No. 1, pp. 5-13, 2013.
- B. N. Choi, "O&M Methods for the Land Management Information System Implementation Project: Land Management Information System Implementation Project", 2000.
- S. H. Lee, D. W. Lee, "A Study on Digital Convergence and Smart City", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 167-172, 2013.
- H. J. Kim, C. K. Park, "A Study on the Evaluation Criteria for the Performance of Smart Grid Pilot Projects", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 15-20, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.8.015
- K. B. Kim, H. J. Cho, "A Study on the Regulation Improvement Measures for Activation of Internet of Things and Big Data Convergence", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 29-35, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.5.029
- W. Y. Sohn, T. K. An, W. G. Lee, "The Method to Converge of Public Transportation Information in Domestic and Foreign", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 41-48, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.041
- S. H. Lee, D. H. Shim, D. W. Lee, "Actual Cases of Internet of Thing on Smart City Industry", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 65-70, 2016.
- K. I. Kim, "Cultural Differences impact on the ERP System Implementation,", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 1-5, 2016.
- U-Eco City Research Group, www.ueco.or.kr
- RIDE Magazine, www.ridemag.co.kr
- KEMRI, www.kepco.co.kr/KEMRI
- National IT Industry Promotion Agency, www.nipa.kr
- KISA, www.kisa.or.kr
- PGH, www.pegasusglobalholdings.com
- POSCO RESEARCH INSTITUTE, www.posri.re.kr