- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Learning Phase and Capacity Building in the Rural Community Development - Focusing on the Independent Rural Community Creation Project -
농촌 지역사회개발의 학습단계와 주민역량강화 -자립형 농촌공동체 만들기 사업을 중심으로-
- Kim, Kyung-Hee (Extension Service Bureau, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Oh, Deamin (Extension Service Bureau, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Joung, Choungsop (Extension Service Bureau, Rural Development Administration)
- Received : 2017.02.11
- Accepted : 2017.03.23
- Published : 2017.03.30
The community development program is a project to design to develop rural areas and to enhance the situation of rural community. Participation in community development is the key to promoting efficiency for community development. The purpose of this study was to discuss the result of application of learning phase for capacity building of community development. This study examined cases from rural area, using examples from eight communities that have been able to get people's participation. These examples suggest that the learning phases for rural communities include five important factors: sharing the perception, setting a goal, goal refinement, empowerment, vision setting. After completing the rural community development program, the result of each steps were analyzed. The result of this study contributes to knowledge about phase for capacity building in the community development and suggests ways to increase of effectiveness of rural development program and promote participation based on an understanding of a rural community development context.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- 권지윤, 김은수, & 배성의. (2015). 농촌마을 유형별 주민역량교육에 관한 연구: 색깔있는 마을 만들기를 중심으로. 농촌지도와 개발, 22(1), 1-14.
- 김두순. (2016). 농촌 마을 역량의 축적. 농촌지도와 개발, 23(4), 431-439.
- 김정섭(2013). 커뮤니티 비즈니스와 집합적 학습: 조력집단에 대한 성찰. 농촌지도와 개발, 20(3), 603-642.
- 농림축산식품부. (2014). 일반농산어촌개발사업 핸드북. 세종: 농림축산식품부.
- 농정연구센터. (2002). 상향식 농촌발전전략 수립에 관한 연구. 농림부 용역보고서.
- 농촌진흥청. (2016). 자립형 농촌공동체 만들기 결과보고서.
- 심상우. (1995). 지방화시대의 농촌지도사업 활성화 방안. 농촌지도와 개발, 2(2), 95-108.
- 여관현. (2015). 주민학습과 실천을 통한 마을만들기의 지속가능성 연구: 성북구의 장수마을 사례를 중심으로. 지방정부연구, 19(3), 29-51.
- 윤원근. (2013). 주민조직 기반형 농촌지역개발정책시스템 구축에 관한 시론. 농촌지도와 개발, 20(4), 871-907.
- 이종만. (2005). 농촌사회교육의 새로운 패러다임 탐색. 농업교육과 인적자원개발, 37(3), 65-75.
- 정지웅. (1997). 농촌지도, 농촌사회교육과 지역사회개발. 농촌지도와 개발, 4(2), 385-392.
- 정하용. (2007). 지방자치시대의 지역사회개발과 주민참여 활성화 방안. 한국지역개발학회지, 19(3), 1-29.
- 최희신, & 이영환. (2015). 공정여행 관련 홈스테이 사업의 지역사회개발효과. 비판사회정책, 49, 433-473.
- 한봉석. (2008). 1950년대 말 농촌지도의 한 사례. 역사문제연구, 19, 85-137
- 허은. (2004). 1950년대 후반 지역사회개발사업과 미국의 한국 농촌사회 개편 구상. 한국사학보, 17, 275-312.
- 허훈, & 하궁수. (2008). 지역사회개발의 이론적 모형과 한국적 적실성에 의한 농촌지역개발방안. 한국정책연구, 8(2), 41-62.
- Aimers, J., & Walker, P. (2016). Can community development practice survive neoliberalism in Aotearoa New Zealand? Community Development Journal, 51(3), 332-349 https://doi.org/10.1093/cdj/bsv042
- Aspen Institute. (1996). Measuring community capacity building: A workbook-in progress for rural communities, community capacity building learning cluster, The Aspen Institute Rural Economy Policy Program, Washington, D.C.
- Cavaye, J. (2006). Understanding community development. Cavaye Community Development.
- Chapman, J. A. (2002). A framework for transformation change in organizations, Leadership and Organizational Development, 23 (1), 16-25. https://doi.org/10.1108/01437730210414535
- Checkoway, B. (2011). Community development, social diversity, and the new metropolis. Community Development Journal, 46(52), ii5-ii14.
- Christenson, J. A., & Robinson, J. W. (1989). Community development in perspective. Iowa State University Press, Ames Iowa.
- Gannon, A., 1998. Mastering change: A new paradigm in building positive futures for rural communities. In Proceedings from the Positive Rural Futures 1998 Conference, Biloela.
- Flora, C. B. & Flora, J. L. (1993). Entrepreneurial social infrastructure: A necessary ingredient. Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Sciences, 539, 48-58.
- Goodfellow-Baikie, R. L., & English, L. M. (2006). First nations and community economic development: A case study. Community Development Journal, 41(2), 223-233. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdj/bsi051
- James, R. (1998). Demystifying organisational development: Practical capacity building experiences of African NGOs, INTRAC, Oxford
- Lohoar, S., Price-Robertson, R., & Nair, L. (2013). Applying community capacity-building approaches to child welfare practice and policy. Australian Institute of Family Studies.
- Luther, V., & Wall, M. (1989). The Entrepreneurial Community: A Strategic Leadership Approach to Community Survival. Heartland Centre for Leadership Development, Lincoln.
- McGinty, S. (2002). Community capacity building. Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, Brisbane.
- Morrissey, J. (2000). Indicators of civizen participation: Lessons from learning teams in rural EZ/EC communities. Community Development Journal, 35(1), 59-74. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdj/35.1.59
- Munoz, S.-A., Steiner, A., & Farmer, J.(2014). Processes of community-led social enterprise development: Learning from the rural context. Community Development Journal, 50(3), 478-493. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdj/bsu055
- Murray, M. & Dunn, L. (1995). Capacity building for rural development in the United States. Journal of Rural Studies, 11(1), 89-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/0743-0167(94)00056-F
- Neumann, J. E., Kellner, K. and Dawson-Shepherd, A. (1997). Developing organisational consultancy, London: Routledge.
- Newlands, C. A (1981). Local government capacity build-ing. Urban Affairs Papers 3.
- Nuttavuthisit, K., Jindahra, P., & Prasarnphanich, P. (2014). Participatory community development: evidence from Thailand. Community Development Journal, 50(1), 55-70. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdj/bsu002
- Shaffer, R. E. (1989). Community economics. Economic structure and change in smaller communities. Ames, Iowa: Iowa State University Press.
- Simpson, L., Wood, L., & Daws, L. (2003). Community capacity building: Starting with people not projects. Community Development Journal, 38(4), 277-286. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdj/38.4.277
- Stevens, A., Bur, A.-M., & Young, L. (2003). People, jobs, rights and power: The roles of participation in combating social exclusion in Europe, Community Development Journal, 38(2), 84-95. https://doi.org/10.1093/cdj/38.2.84
- Tamas, A., Whitehorse, Y., & Almonte, O. (2000). System theory in community development. Whitehorse, Yukon and Almonte, Ontario.
- Weiss, H. B. (1998). Learning organizations. Harvard Family Research Project, 4, November.
- Yang, Y. (2016). Community participation for sustainable rural development: Revisiting South Korean rural modernization of the 1970s. Community Development Journal, (in press).