- Volume 44 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Study on Automatic Bug Triage using Deep Learning
딥 러닝을 이용한 버그 담당자 자동 배정 연구
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Published : 2017.11.15
Existing studies on automatic bug triage were mostly used the method of designing the prediction system based on the machine learning algorithm. Therefore, it can be said that applying a high-performance machine learning model is the core of the performance of the automatic bug triage system. In the related research, machine learning models that have high performance are mainly used, such as SVM and Naïve Bayes. In this paper, we apply Deep Learning, which has recently shown good performance in the field of machine learning, to automatic bug triage and evaluate its performance. Experimental results show that the Deep Learning based Bug Triage system achieves 48% accuracy in active developer experiments, un improvement of up to 69% over than conventional machine learning techniques.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Anvik, J., Hiew, L., Murphy, G. C., "Who should fix this bug?," Proc. of the 28th International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 361-370, 2006.
- Shokripour, R., Anvik, J., Kasirun, Z. M., Zamani, S., "A time-based approach to automatic bug report assignment," The Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 102, pp. 109-122, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2014.12.049
- Ahsan, S. N., Ferzund, J., Wotawa, F., "Automatic Software Bug Triage System(BTS) Based on Latent Semantic Indexing and Support Vector Machine," Proc. of the International Conferences on Software Engineering Advances, pp. 216-221, 2009.
- Bhattacharya, P., Neamtiu, I., Shelton, C. R. "Automated, highly-accurate, bug assignment using machine learning and tossing graphs," Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 85, No. 10, pp. 2275-2292, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2012.04.053
- Xuan, J., Jiang, H., Ren, Z., Yan, J., Luo, Z. "Automatic Bug Triage using Semi-Supervised Text Classification," Proc. of the International Conference on Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering, pp. 209-214, 2010.
- Jeong, G., Kim, S., Zimmermann, T., "Improving bug triage with bug tossing graphs," Proc. of the 7th joint meeting of the European Software Engineering Conference and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on The Foundations of Software Engineering, pp. 111-120, 2009.
- Park, J., Lee, M., Kim, J., Hwang, S., Kim, S., "CosTriage: A cost-aware triage algorithm for bug reporting systems," Proc. of the National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2011.
- Simonyan, K., Zisserman, A., "Very deep convolutional networks for large-scale image recognition," arXiv preprint arXiv:1409.1556, 2014.
- Kim, Yoon, "Convolutional neural networks for sentence classification," arXiv preprint arXiv:1408.5882, 2014.
- Gu, X., Zhang, H., Zhang, D., Kim, S., "Deep API Learning," arXiv preprint arXiv:1605.08535, 2016.
- Dam, H. K., Tran, T., Grundy, J., Ghose, A., "Deep-Soft: A vision for a deep model of software," Proc. of the 2016 24th ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering, pp. 944-947, 2016.
- Dumais, S. T., "Latent semantic analysis," Annual review of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 188-230, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/aris.1440380105
- Sun, C., Lo, D., Khoo, S. C., Jiang, J., "Towards more accurate retrieval of duplicate bug reports," Proc. of the International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 253-262, 2011.
- Zhang, T., Lee, B., "A hybrid bug triage algorithm for developer recommendation," Proc. of the 28th annual ACM symposium on applied computing, pp. 1088-1094, 2013.
- Zhang, T., Yang, G., Lee, B., Lua, E. K., "A novel developer ranking algorithm for automatic bug triage using topic model and developer relations," Proc. Of the Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, Vol. 1, pp. 223-230, 2014.
- Chowdhury, G. G., "Natural language processing," Annual review of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 51-89, 2003.
- Chen, Y., Perozzi, B., Al-Rfou, R., Skiena, S., "The expressive power of word embeddings," arXiv preprint arXiv:1301.3226., 2013.
- Dedik, V., Rossi, B., "Automated bug triaging in an industrial context," Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), 2016 42th Euromicro Conference on. IEEE, pp. 363-367, 2016.