- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Structural Stiffness Analysis on Doors having Pyramidal Truss Cores in an Urban Transit Vehicle
피라미드 트러스 심재를 채용한 도시철도차량 출입문의 구조강성평가
- Lim, Jae-Yong (School of Mechanical Engineering, Daegu University)
- 임재용 (대구대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2017.03.27
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
A preliminary study was carried out to investigate the feasibility of replacing honeycomb cores with pyramidal truss cores in the doors of urban transit railway vehicles. The doors in current operation are sandwich structures comprising a honeycomb core and reinforcements between two facesheets. The structural requirements of doors for urban transit vehicle are specified in the KRS and KRT and standards, according to which the deflections from three-point bending tests must be limited. To this end, two types of pyramidal truss cores with equivalent mass to a honeycomb core were designed. The structural stiffness of doors with pyramidal truss cores and honeycomb cores were numerically calculated via finite element analysis. The three-point bending models were constructed and simulated, and then the calculated deflections were compared with the requirements specified in the regulations. The results show that doors with pyramidal truss cores satisfied the stiffness requirements, although their deflections were 2.5% larger than that of the honeycomb cores. Therefore, the pyramidal truss cores could replace the aluminum honeycomb cores, and their multi-functional capability could be exploited.
Finite Element Analysis;Honeycomb;Korean Railway Standard;KRT EV Standard;Pyramidal Truss Core;Three Point Bending;Urban Transit Vehicle Door
Supported by : 대구대학교
- A. G. Evans, J. W. Hutchinson, M. F. Ashby, "Cellular Metals," 2010.
- Wadley, H.N.G., "Multifunctional periodic cellular metals," Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Vol. 364, pp. 31-68, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2005.1697 https://doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2005.1697
- L. J. Gibson, M. F. Ashby, Cellular Solids: Structure and Properties, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139878326
- A. G. Evans, J.W. Hutchinson, N.A. Fleck, M.F.Ashby, H. N. G. Wadley, "The topological design of multifunctional cellular metals," Progress in Materials Science, vol. 46, pp. 309-327, 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0079-6425(00)00016-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0079-6425(00)00016-5
- J. Y. Lim, H. Bart-Smith, "Dynamic buckling response of long plates for the prediction of local plate buckling of corrugated core sandwich columns," Journal of Applied Mechanics (ASME Transactions), vol. 82, pp. 111008:1-12, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4031279 https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4031279
- J. Y. Lee, K. B. Shin, J. C. Jeong, "Experimental and numerical simulation studies of low-velocity impact responses on sandwich panels for a BIMODAL Tram," Advanced Composite Materials, vol. 18, pp. 1-20. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1163/156855108X385311 https://doi.org/10.1163/156855108X385311
- Korean Railway Standards, KRS CB 0001.
- KRT EV100 DR001.
- H. G. Allen, Analysis and design of structural sandwich panels, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1969.
- Z. Xue, J. W. Hutchinson, "Constitutive Model for Quasi-static Deformation of Metallic Sandwich Cores," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 61, pp. 2205-2238, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1142 https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1142
- ABAQUS Standard user manual.