- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Elastic Paving Material Made of Sawdust and Urethane Resin Mixture
톱밥과 우레탄 수지 혼합물로 제조한 탄성 포장재의 특성
- Choi, Jae-Jin (Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Kwan-Ho (Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Moon, Seung-Kwon (SGS Korea Construction Materials Testing Center)
- Received : 2017.03.02
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
Research and commercialization of wood chips-urethane resin mixtures as paving materials for park trails and tourist attractions are underway. The aim of this study was to expand the use of such paving materials to the playgrounds, where vigorous physical movements occur frequently. For this purpose, the physical properties and safety of the paving material, in which some or all of the wood chips(passing through a 10mm sieve and remaining in a 3mm sieve) were replaced with sawdust, were studied experimentally. Strength, elastic modulus, slip resistance, shock absorption and heavy metal content tests were carried out by varying the mixing ratio of urethane resin, sawdust and wood chip. As a result, in the case of wood chip-resin mixtures with mass ratios of the resin to total mass of sawdust and wood chips of 1.0 and 1.2 and having a ratio of sawdust mass to total mass of sawdust and wood chips of 0-0.4, it was found that the properties satisfied KS F 3888-2. On the other hand, in case of using sawdust only as a woody material, the shock absorbability was below standard, and the mass ratio of resin to sawdust required 1.2 or more to ensure the specified tensile strength.
Heavy Metal;Paving Material;Sawdust;Urethane;Shock Absorption;Strength
Supported by : 공주대학교
- H. B. Ko., M. Y. Ko., "An Experimental Study on Basic Properties of Elastic Paving Materials", Journal of Korean Academia- Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 5021-5028, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.5021 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.5021
- C. W. Hong, "Examination of Color Difference in Elastic Pavement that Uses EPDM Chip Using Ultraviolet Ray Accelerated Weathering Test", Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, vol. 31, no. 1D, pp. 91-98, 2011.
- Ministry of Environment, Measures for Hazard Assessment and Management of Artificial Turf and Elastic Paving Materials. p.200, 2010.
- KS F 3888-2 : Outdoor facilities-Elastic Paving Materials, 2016.
- H. Tokushige, M. Kawakami, Y. Kurimoto, H. Yamauchi, T. Sasaki, "Porous Polymer Concrete Using Polyurethane Resin and Chipped Aggregate made of Wood Wastes", RILEM International Symposium on Environment-Conscious Materials and Systems for Sustainable Development, pp. 321-328, Koriyama, Japan, 2004.
- J. J. Choi, K. H. Lee, "Performance of Sidewalk Pavement Containing Waste Wood Chips", Journal of Testing and Evaluation", vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 151-161, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1520/JTE20120253
- KS F 2375 : Testing Method for Measuring Surface Frictional Properties Using the British Pendulum Tester, 2016.
- D. G., Park, S. Y. Jung, J. K. Kim, H. G. Jung, "Establishment of Slip Resistance Standard, Magazine of Korean Society of Road Engineers", vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 33-40, 2011.
- M. Nabeshima, M. Yamada, "Range of Proper Hardness for Aged about Walkway Pavement", Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, no. 788/V-67, pp. 117-126, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2208/jscej.2005.788_117
- Y. Takeuchi, K. Sato, M. Aoki, Y. Kuni, K. Sato, H. Yaginuma, "Development of Pavement Design Method for Walkers in Consideration of Comfort and Safety", Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers-E1, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. I_1-I_8, 2011.
- EN 14808 : Surfaces for Sports Areas- Determination of Shock Absorption, 2005.
- EN 14809 : Surfaces for Sports Areas- Determination of Vertical Deformation, 2005.
- J. V. Dura, A. C. Garcia, J. Solaz, "Testing Shock Absorbing Materials : The Application of Viscoelastic Linear Model", Sports Engineering, vol. 5, pp. 9-14, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1460-2687.2002.00085.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1460-2687.2002.00085.x