- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Casual Relationship Between Depression and Somatic Symptom of the Adolescence Using an Autoregressive Cross-Lagged Modeling
자기회귀교차지연 모델을 활용한 청소년 우울과 신체화 증상의 인과관계
- Han, Jeong Won (College of Nursing, Kosin University)
- 한정원 (고신대학교 간호대학)
- Received : 2017.03.06
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
The objective of this study was to verify the longitudinal reciprocal causal relationship between depression and the somatic symptoms of depression among adolescents through an autoregressive cross-lagged model using data from the Korean Children & Youth Panel Survey. The subjects of this study included 1,968 adolescents, who participated in the second, fourth, and sixth Korean Children & Youth Panel Surveys. The results showed that both depression and the somatic symptoms of depression at a previous point in time affect depression and the somatic symptoms of depression at a later point in time. It was also found that depression at a previous point in time has a cross-lagged effect on the somatic symptoms of depression at a later point in time, implying that more severe depression at a previous point in time leads to increased severity of somatic symptoms at a later point in time. It was found that the somatic symptoms of depression at a previous point in time have a cross-lagged effect on depression at a later point in time, indicating that more severe somatic symptoms of depression at a previous point in time lead to increased severity of depression at a later point in time. This study is significant in that it provides baseline information about nursing interventions for adolescent mental health.
Supported by : 고신대학교
- S. J. Lee, & E. H. Ha. "The Mediating Effects of Cognitive Factor on the Relationships between Female Adolescent's Depression and Somatization.", The Korean Journal of School Psychology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 55-68, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16983/kjsp.2010.7.1.55 https://doi.org/10.16983/kjsp.2010.7.1.55
- H. J. Lee, & M. Seo. "Factors Influencing Somatization in Adolescents", Journal of the Korean Society of School Health, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 79-87, 2010.
- E. Y. Kim. "Parental Child Rearing Attitudes and Adolescence' Aomatic Aymptoms: On the Mediating Effects of Depression", vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 79-87, 2010.
- J. R. Cha, & M. S. Yoo. "Children's Somatic Symptoms and Related Parent and Child Variables", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 193-202, 2010.
- H. K. Shin. "The Relationship of Academic Stress , Negative Affectivity , Alexithymia , and Perceived Parenting Behavior to Somatization in Adolescents", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 171-187, 2002.
- A. L. Vaccarino, T. L. Sills, K. R. Evans, & A. H. Kalali. "Prevalence and Association of Somatic Symptoms in Patients with Major Depressive Disorder", Journal of Affective Disorders, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 270-276, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2008.01.009
- K. I. Kim, J. H. Kim, & H. T. Won. Korean Manual of Symptom Checklist-90-revision. pp. 8-10, Jung Ang Juk Sung Publisher, 1984.
- E. H. Erikson. Identity. p.16, Norton, 1968.
- N. Sartorius. "Social Capital and Mental Health", Current Opinion in Psychiatry, vol. 16, pp. S101-S105, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00001504-200304002-00015 https://doi.org/10.1097/00001504-200304002-00015
- M. S. Yoon, & J. K. Lee. "A Longitudinal Effects of Parent Attachment on Depression in Early Adolescence", Social Science Studies, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 69-92, 2010.
- R. Larson, & L. Asmussen. "Anger, Worry, and Hurt in Early Adolescence: An Enlarging World of Negative Emotions", Adolescent Stress: Causes and Consequences, pp. 21-41, 1991.
- B. H. Jo, & G. H. Im. "Development and Validation of Emotional or Behavioral Problems Scale", The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 729-746, 2003.
- S. W. Kim. "The Heterogeneous Dvelopmental Trajectories of Adolescent Depression and their Predictors Focusing on Gender Differences", Studies on Korean Youth, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 171-192, 2010.
- E. M. Lim, & S. S. Chung. The Changes of Youths' Stress and Depression and the Long-term Effects of Stress on the Depression. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 99-121, 2009.
- H. Y. Li, & E. H. Ha. "Effects of Cognitive Vulnerability and Gender Differences to Persistence on Adolescent Depressive Symptom : A Six Months Longitudinal Study", The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 157-179, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18205/kpa.2015.20.2.003 https://doi.org/10.18205/kpa.2015.20.2.003
- H. A. Yi, & M. J. Woo. "Individual, Psychological, Environmental, Cognitive Factors in Adolescent at High Risk of Depression", Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 299-310, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16915/jkapesgw.2016.09.30.3.299 https://doi.org/10.16915/jkapesgw.2016.09.30.3.299
- K. M. Dunn, K. P. Jordan, L. Mancl, M. T. Drangsholt, & L. Le Resche,. "Trajectories of Pain in Adolescents: A Prospective Cohort Study", Pain, vol. 152, no. 1, pp. 66-73, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pain.2010.09.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pain.2010.09.006
- H. K. Shin.. "The Effect of Negative Affect and the Moderating Effects of Emotional Expressiveness and Self-Concept on Adolescent's Experience of Somatic Symptoms", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 727-746, 2006.