- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Implementation of the advance Defense Technology inforMation Service
차세대 국방기술정보통합서비스 구축에 관한 연구
- Kim, Mi-Jeong (Technology Information Management Team, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality)
- 김미정 (국방기술품질원 기술정보팀)
- Received : 2017.04.24
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
An information system for defense technology information management should assist the user's work and manager's decision-making by managing and timely providing data held by defense-related organizations. This paper proposes a plan for constructing an advance defense technology information service. DTiMS concentrates on the collection and management of defense science technology information but not its distribution. Therefore, it is important that the advanced distribution service model be established on the concept of total life cycle management that utilizes user information, so that it can provide proper information to each user in the defense field who require the information processed by their roles. This study examined the management of information and operation method through advanced case analysis. In addition, the analysis of existing services revealed improvements in the management of an information standard, the trace ability of information and usability, and improved user-interface. The proposed development direction was implemented by deploying the advanced DTiMS. Therefore, it is expected that the proposed methodology will contribute to the weapon system total life cycle, and will support defense technology planning, and R&D decisions.
Defense Technology information;Total Life Cycle;DTiMs;information standard
- Published rulings 356 of Defense Acquisition Program Administration[Internet],Avaliable From: http://www.law.go.kr
- Defense Technology inforMation Service(DTiMS) Introduction[Internet], Available From: http://dtims.dtaq.re.kr
- S. H. Kang, "The Study on Services of Defense Technology Information during it's Total Lifecycle", 1-76, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, 2013.
- S. H. Kang, "The Study on Technical Map Service in Defense Technology Information Service", 56, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, 2013.
- National Science and Technology Information Service(NTIS) Introduction[Internet], Available From: http://www.ntis.go.kr
- Y. K. Yang, J. C., Lee, H. W. Nam, "The Study of Copyrights Service Management Model Centered on national R&D Reports and Achievements Life Cycles", Korea Institute of Exhibition Industry convergence, vol. 18, no. 32, pp. 377-390, December 2014.
- M. K. Lee, H. M. Jung, P. K. Kim, W. K. Sung, "Technology Intelligence Service for Establishing R&D strategy", Journal of KIISE : Computing Practices and Letters, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 337-341, May 2011.
- S. H. Shin, U. H. Um, D. M. Seo, S. W. Lee, S. P. Choi, H. N. Jung, "Implementing an Integrated System for RD Results management", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 411-419, Aug. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.08.411
- Intelligence in Science & Technology[Internet], Avaliable From: http://semantics.kisti.re.kr
- Defense Technology Information Center[Internet], Avaliable From: http://www.dtic.mil
- J. S. Yang, "Trend Report : USA Defense Science Technical information management", 1-103, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, 2006.
- C. O. Lim, D. W. Kwak, "The case study on the management and service of technology in DTIC" 1-33, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, 2010.
- Industrial Technology Total Service[Internet], Avaliable From: http://www.itts.or.kr
- Defense Acquisition Program Act Article 31 [Internet], Avaliable From: http://www.law.go.kr