- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Accuracy Enhancement Using the Direction Finding Process Improvement of Ground-Based Electronic Warfare System
지상용 전자전장비의 방향 탐지 프로세스 개선을 통한 정확도 향상에 관한 연구
- Chin, Huicheol (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Seung-Woo (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Choi, Jae-In (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Lee, Jae-Min (LIGNex1 Co.,Ltd)
- Received : 2017.03.29
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
Modern warfare is gradually changing into a network war, and information electronic warfare is also progressing. In modern war, electronic warfare is all military activity concerned with electromagnetic field use, such as signal collecting, communication monitoring, information analysis, and electronic attack. The one key function of signal collecting for enemy signal analysis, direction finding, collects the signal radiated from enemy area and then calculates the enemy direction. This paper examined the Watson-Watt algorithm for an amplitude direction finding system and CVDF algorithm for phase direction finding system and analyzed the difference in the direction finding accuracy between in the clean electromagnetic field environment and in the real operating field environment of electronic warfare system. In the real field, the direction finding accuracy was affected by the reflected field from the surrounding obstacles. Therefore, this paper proposesan enhanced direction finding process for reducing the effect. The result of direction finding by applying the proposed process was enhanced above
accuracy;CVDF;direction finding (DF);electronic warfare system;Watson-Watt
- C.-S. Park, D.-Y. Kim, The Fast Correlation Vector Direction Finder Conversion, Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers vol. 43, pp. 1497-1504, 2006.
- Hayes, Monson H., Statistical Digital Signal Processing and Modeling, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., pp. 88-97, 1996.
- Schmidt, R.O, "Multiple Emitter Location and Signal Parameter Estimation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, vol. AP-34, pp. 276-280, Mar. 1986. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1986.1143830
- R. Roy and T. Kailath, "ESPRIT-estimation of signal parameters via rotational invariance techniques," IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 984-995, Jul. 1989. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/29.32276 https://doi.org/10.1109/29.32276
- ITU SM Series, Test Procedure for Measuring Direction Finder Accuracy, ITU-R SM.2060-0, ITU, pp. 2-13, 2014.
- Cotter, C. H., The Principles and Practice of Radio Direction Finding, London : Pitman, 1961.
- D. L. Adamy, EW 103 Tactical Battlefield Communications, Artech House, pp. 203-212, 2009.
- E. Tuncer, B. Friedlander, Classical and Modern Direction-of-Arrival Estimation, Elsevier Inc., pp. 1-32, 2009.
- S. Chandran, Advances in Direction-of-Arrival Estimation, Artech House, pp. 3-19, 2006.
- Watson, D. W., Radio Direction Finding, New York : Van Norstrand Reinhold, 1971.
- Richard A. Poisel, Introduction to Communication Electronic Warfare Systems, Artech House, pp. 331-359, 2002.
- J.-W. Yang, J.-H. Choi, S.-P. Nah, Y.-M. Park, Critical Design for Watson-Watt Direction Finding Equipment, ADD TEDC-509-051337, pp. 5-8, 2005.
- Y.-M. Park, J.-W. Yang, J.-H. Choi, The Preliminary Design for Correlation Vector Direction Finding, ADD TEDC-509-050588, pp. 2-13, 2005.