- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Methodology of Manufacturing Readiness Levels(MRLs) 8 of Manufacturing Readiness Assessment(MRA)
제조성숙도평가 MRL8 평가 방법론에 관한 연구
- Lee, Ji Hyeog (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Jung, Yeong Tak (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Lim, Jae Seong (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality)
- Received : 2017.02.20
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
A Manufacturing Readiness Assessment (MRA) was adapted to prevent the probable ascending expense, poor quality, and delay from the development to production phase and assess the level of manufacturing readiness in 2012. Consequently, there are positive effects on improving the quality to identify the manufacturing risks during the production of military supplies and manage the issues in advance. On the other hand, because the appraisee is becoming accustomed to preparing for MRA checklists tailoring, it was found to intensify the MRA points more than before, which damages the goal of the MRA. This paper proposes the quantitative MRA methodology using MWV (Manufacturing Readiness Level 8 Weighted Value) to define and measure the HOM8, DOM8, ICOM8, and M8RA to reflect the history of MRA, the difficulties of MRA checklists, the intrinsic cruciallity and risk assessment of program, which can overcome the problems mentioned before. This paper shows the MWV of four weapon system programs to be carried out and an analysis of the proposed MRL 8 methodology.
Manufacturing Readiness Assessment(MRA);Manufacturing Readiness Levels(MRLs);Manufacturing Readiness Level 8 Weighted Value(MWV);History of MRL 8(HOM8);Difficulties of MRL 8(DOM8);Intrinsic Cruciality of MRL 8(ICOM8);MRL 8 Risk Assessment(M8RA)
- C.-Y. Kim, S.-Y. Rhee, and J. W. Park, "Report on Review of Manufacturing Readiness Assessment Checklist", Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, 2011.
- D. Kim, Y. Kim, and B. Jang, "Manufacturing Readiness Assessment(MRA) : Customization to Korean Acquisition Systems", Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, 2011.
- H. W. Kim, S. Woo, and B. K. Jang, "A Study on Readiness Assessment for The Acquisition of High Quality Weapon System", J. Korean SoC. Qual. Mang., vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 395-404, Sep. 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2013.41.3.395 https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2013.41.3.395
- Y. Yang, "A Study on the Application of Manufacturing Readiness Assessment for Product Development", The 8th Conference on National Defense Technology, pp. 350-357, July 2012.
- D. Kim, C. Kim, and J. Lee, "A Study on Manufacturing Readiness Assessment for Development Phase", The 7th Conference on National Defense Technology, pp. 373-383, July 2011.
- Joint Defense Manufacturing Technology Panel Manufacturing Readiness Level Working Group, Manufacturing Readiness Level Guide Feb. 2007.
- OSD Manufacturing Technology Program In collaboration with The Joint Service/Industry MRL Working Group, MRL_Deskbook ver. 2, May 2011.
- S. Y. Jeon and B. K. Jang, "A Conceptual Study for MRA Information System and Advanced Method for Operating Definition", Defense Agency for Technology and Quality, 2015.
- S. Woo, J. H. Lee, and J. S. Lim, "A Study on the System Readiness Assessment Procedure Development through a case study in Defecse R&D Programs", J. Korean SoC. Qual. Mang., vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 111-128, Mar. 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2014.42.1.111 https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2014.42.1.111
- DAPA Instruction no. 218, MRA Instruction, 2014. 5. 23.
- Defense of Department, Risk Management Guide for Defense Acquisition Programs, 7th Edition, Dec. 2014.