- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Improvement of Direction Error for Electronic Warfare System
전자전장비의 방향탐지 오차 개선에 관한 연구
- Choi, Jae-In (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Seung-Woo (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Chin, Hui-Cheol (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Choi, Woo-Hyuk (LIGNex1 Co.,Ltd.)
- Received : 2017.03.28
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
The direction finder is an important device for an electronic support(ES) system because it is responsible for finding the direction of an emitter. The higher the accuracy of the direction finding, the higher the vitality of the weapon system with the ES system. Recently, the direction error occurred in the operating shipboard ES system when direction finding was performed for the signal with a pulse width of 200 ns. Therefore, this paper proposes, an improved method to reduce the direction error for shipboard ES systems. The proposed method was applied to the operating shipboard ES system and a field test was performed. The results of the field test showed that the direction error was reduced significantly for the signal with a pulse width of 200 ns.
Amplitude-Comparison;Amplitude-Phase Hybrid;Direction finding(DF);Electronic support(ES);Phase-Comparison
- Cotter, C. H, The Principles and Practice of Radio Direction Finding, Pitman, 1961.
- Gething, P. J. D., Radio Direction Finding and Superresolution (2nd Edition), Institution of Electrical Engineers, 1991. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1049/PBEW033E
- Lo, Y. T. and S. W. Lee, Antenna Handbook: Theory, Applications, and Design, Van Norstrand Reinhold, 1988. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4615-6459-1
- Watson, D. W., Radio Direction Finding, Van Norstrand Reinhold, 1971.
- J. M. Won, "The Performance Analysis of Burst Error Elimination CVDF Algorithm Using Switching Remote Direction Finding Antenna in VHF", Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 129-138, 2007.
- Earp, C. W. and Copper, D. L., "The Practical Evolution of the Commutated Aerial Direction Finding System", Proc. of the IEE - part B: Radio and Electronic Engineering, vol. 105, no. 9, pp. 317-332, March 1958. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1049/pi-b-1.1958.0047
- Stephen E. Lipsky, Microwave Passive Direction Finding, John Wiley & Sons, 1987.
- Jacobs, E. and Ralston, E. W., "Ambiguity Resolution in Interferometry", IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic System, vol. AES-17, no. 6, pp. 766-780, 1981. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.1981.309127 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.1981.309127
- Herndon H. Jenkins, Small-Aperture Radio Direction-Finding, Artech House Inc, 1991.
- Joong-Soo Lim, Chul-Gu Jung, and Gyoo-Soo Chae, "A Technology of Microwave Direction Finding with Circular Array Combination Method", Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 549-555, 2005.
- E. Boch, M. Stapleton, "Direction-Finding Performance of a Ka-Band ESM Receiver", IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 9-10, 1994. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/75.267678 https://doi.org/10.1109/75.267678
- J. S. Lim, "An Accurate Direction Finding Technology Using a Phase Comparison and Time Difference of Arrival", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 5208-5213, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.5208 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.5208