- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis of College Students' Learning Process : Based on the surveys in K-College
전문대학생의 학습과정 분석에 관한 연구 : K-전문대학을 중심으로
- Kim, Soo hyun (koje collage Early Childhood Education) ;
- Bae, Yu Na (koje colleage Center for Teaching and Learning) ;
- Lee, Jin-Hyun (Dong-eui University Student Counseling Center)
- Received : 2016.12.26
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study analyzed the differences depending on gender differences, the years for graduation, college majors, and grades by the level of students' learning process about the student engagement of college students. Subjects were 684 students who responded to a student engagement survey questionnaire among the students attending the regular curriculum at the K-college located in Geoje-si. For measurement, the college students' learning process analysis scale was modified and supplemented prior to use. Frequency analysis was adopted to search individual backgrounds of college students. One-way ANOVA and Post-hoc test were conducted in order to find differences according to gender differences, the years for graduation, college majors, and grades by the level of learning process. The study results are as follows. First, the college students' learning process on gender had significant differences in involvement in and out of instruction, teaching-learning outcomes, and college facility system and service. Second, the college students' learning process according to the years for graduation had significant differences in involvement in and out of instruction, class satisfaction, and college facility system and service. Third, the college students' learning process according to major differences had significant differences in involvement in and out of instruction, study interactions, academic achievement, and college facility system and service. Fourth, the college students' learning process according to grades had significant differences in total sub-components (involvement in and out of instruction, class satisfaction, study interactions, academic achievement, and college facility system and service). Lastly, the study discussions and implications are described.
College student;Curriculum of College;Learning Processing;Student Engagement
- J. K. Kwan, B. H. Mang, J. S. Lee, H. S. Lee, K. H. Kim, H. J. Bae, M. K. Sin, Y. H Choi, J. S. Jeong, K. H. Kwan, G. J. Hyun: A Curriculum of Guidelinn based on NCS - Development, management, Evaluation, Quality Management. National Research Foundation of Korea, 2015.
- M. H. Ko, J. Mi: Effectiveness of a Character Education Program Developed for Junior College Students. Research of Learning Science, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1-20, 2015.
- K. O. Son, J. K. Kwan, J. H. Lee: A Research Study of Satisfaction with College Life for College Students. Vocational Education Research Institute affiliated with Korean Council for College Education, 2013.
- W. H. Jeong: A Study of education of humanism of College's Social Science Subject. The Korean Assocication of General Education, vol. 2013, no. 11. pp. 289-295, 2013.
- W. Y. Yun, W. l. Jung, B. H. Lee: A Case Study on the College's Adoption of BSC, The Journal of Korea Tax Accounting Research. vol. 37, pp. 83-107, 2013.
- E. M. Im, M. S. Song, M. S. Kim: The Consensual Qualitative Research on Academic Counseling Experiences of Natural Science and Engineering College Students. Korea Journal of Counseling, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1855-1875, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.3.201306.1855 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.3.201306.1855
- H. J. Shin: The Life and Knowledge of the College Student, the Experiential Construction: Based on College Lives. Anthropology of Education, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 187-227, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17318/jae.2012.15.1.006 https://doi.org/10.17318/jae.2012.15.1.006
- H. S. You, H. N. Im, Y. I. Seo, J. W. Ko, H. S. Shin, S. H. Park, E. Heo: National Survey of Student Engagement in Korean Universities (2) Korean Educational Development Institute, 2011.
- S. Y. Kim, H. J. Yu: Development and Validation of the Essential Competency Assessment of Vocation for Local College Students. The Korean Society of Human Resource Development, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 71-100, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2013.15.4.004 https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2013.15.4.004
- J. E. Jeong, C. Y. Jyung: The Causal Relationship of Undergraduate Students' Career Adaptability, Social Support, Self-Esteem and Self-Directed Learning. Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 79-96, 2015. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2015.47.1.79
- J. S. Kim: Learning Consultation at a Center for Teaching and Learning. The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 837-851, 2012.
- S. H. Min: An Exploratory Study on the Basic Workplace Literacy Development for the Junior College Students. The Education Research for Tomorrow, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 73-91, 2004.
- E. H. Park: A Study on the Educational Participation Factors of the Reverse Transfer Students in Korean Junior Colleges. Journal of Lifelong education, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 87-115, 2008.
- Y. J. Kwan, Y. S. Park, E. C. Kim: The Relationship Among Emotional Support, Self-efficacy, Happiness and Academic Achievement of University Students. Korean Education Inquiry. vol. 25 No,2, pp. 153-172, 2007.
- I. S. Song, J. H. Choi: Exploring the Domain Issue of Academic Emotions: A Comparison of Domain Generality, Domain Specificity and Domain Complexity. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instrction, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 227-243, 2011.
- G. Y. Lee, M. H. Jeong, K. S. Shin: The Application of Basic Learning Ability Diagnostic Tools and Development of Standard Goal for College Student. Seoul: Vocational Education Research Institute Affiliated with Korean Council for College Education, 2008.
- S. I. Han, S. H. Lee: Improvement Strategy of Basic Academic Skills for Junior College Students According to the Scholastic Achievement Grades of the Each Departments. The Korea Contents Society. vol. 12, no. 10. pp. 524-531, 2012.
- J. G. Hwang: The Development of the Learning Strategy Program for College Students. The Graduate School of KNU. Dept of Education, 2012.
- Kristin W., Anne A., Andreas L., Siegfried F., Matthias N: Learning and Instruction. Vol29, pp. 103-114, 2012.
- S. H. Bae, H. J. Kim: Validation of The National Survey of Student Engagement(NSSE) Model in the Korean Context. The Journal of Education Administration, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 499-523, 2012.
- J. W. You, M. H. Kang: The Structural Relationship among Learning Environment Factors, Individual Factors, and Learning Engagement. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum And Instrction, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 209-337, 2012.
- H. S. You: National Survey of Student Engagement in Korean Universities (3) Korean Educational Development Institute, 2012.
- M. J. Chung, S. H. Lee: Effects of Cognitive Learning Program Utilizing Cognitive Learning Program (FIE) for College Student's Academic Achievement and Self-Efficacy. Asian Journal of Child Welfare and Development, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 111-128, 2011.
- J. P. Lee, S. J. Kim, D. K. Kim: A study on Connecting Method College Education with Qualification System. Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training, 2000.
- J. W. Ko, H. J. Kim, M. S. Kim: The Impact of Students' College Experiences on Students' Cognitive and Non-cognitive Outcomes, and Instructional Satisfaction, The Journal of Education Administration, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 169-194, 2011.
- Paola, M., Tiziana, R., Silvia, R: Self-efficacy in Learning and Scholastic Success: Implications for Vocational Guidance. Social And Behavioral Sciences, vol. 116, pp. 1232-1236, 2014.
- B. S. Cho, D. U. Lee, K. H. Kim, K. Y. Kim, D. Y. Jeong: Diagnosis and Promotion Plans of Basic Learning Ability for College Student. Vocational Education Research Institute affiliated with Korean Council for College Education, 2012