- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Curriculum Effectiveness Analysis for Improvement of Self-management Leadership Competency
자기관리 리더십 역량 향상을 위한 교과과정 효과성 분석
- Shim, Tae Eun (Competency Development Center, Dongguk University) ;
- Lee, Song Yi (Dharma College, Dongguk University) ;
- Kim, Yu Cheon (Dharma College, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.02.20
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
aim of this study was to analyze the effectiveness of improved self - management leadership competence through 'self - management leadership'. This study aims to contribute to the development of self - management competency curriculum of universities. The subjects of this study were students who took core competency classes at D university in Seoul. The study group consisted of 221 subjects in the experimental group,who took the contents and 204 participants in the control group,who did not take the contents. The experimental group showed higher improvement than the control group. The experimental group showed greater improvement. In addition, the goal management competence was the highest in terms of the improved competence recognized by students who took courses in self-management and leadership. An analysis of the perceptions about self-management leadership competence enhancement showed that among self-management, goal management, relationship formation, leadership, collaboration, an goal management competence was improved the most. In the self - management domain, the highest improvement was observed in the areas of personality, self - reflection, self - confidence. In the goal management area, the areas of time management, goal setting, and vision were the most improved. Communication, listening, interpersonal relationship, and coaching questions showed the most perceived improvement among the relationship formation. In terms of leadership competency, problem solving and influence were the most improved areas, For collaboration competency, it was found that competency was the most improved at team play.
Competency;Curriculum;Self leadership;Self management;Self-management leadership
- S. C. Kwon, S. B. Kim, I. H. Lee, "The Collegiate Self-Management Competencies Improvement Program and an Analysis of Its Effects.", The Educational Research Institute, vol. 13, no. 1 pp. 143-166, 2015.
- D. Hellriegel & J W. Slocum , Organizational behavior, Mason, OH : South-Western Cengage Learning, pp. 328-332, 2011.
- O. K. Baek, "Analysis on Structural Relationship of Character Strengths, Self-determination and Life satisfaction among University Students", The Graduate School of Sangmyung University, 2014.
- D. R. Jin, "The Relationship between the Big Five Personality Factor and Holland's Vocational Personality Type of University Students", The Graduate School of Ewha Womans University, 2016.
- B. R. Lee, "Korean Adolescents' Physical Health and Peer Relationships : The Mediating Effects of Self-perceived Health Status and Resilience". Korean if Child Studies, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 127-144, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5723/KJCS.2013.34.5.127
- J. C. Lee, "Theoretical Study and Comparison Analysis of Research Results on the Career Decision Self-Efficacy of University Students", The Journal of Employment and Career vol. 3. no. 1, pp. 49-66.
- D. S. Lee, "The Effects on the Psychological well-being and Academic Achievement by Self-leadership of college student", The Graduate School of Konkuk University, 2015.
- J. W. Lee, "An Analysis of Suructiral Relationships Between Variables of University Students' Self leadership, Social Support, Career Motivation, Career Decision-Making Self Efficacy, and Career Maturity", The Graduate School of Soongsil University, 2015.
- N. R. Han & J. H. Jeon, "A Research on self efficacy of Career Decision-Making", Journal of Secretarial Science, vol. 21. no. 2, pp. 83-99.
- J. Y. Kim, "The Effect of University Student's Interpersonal Problems on Learned Helplessness : Focused on the Mederation Effecy of Ego-Resiliency", The Graduate School of Myongji University, 2015.
- S. R. Moon, "The Mediation Effect of Emotional Expression on the Relationship between Communicative Competence in University Students", The Graduate School of Konkuk University, 2015.
- S. R. Lee, " The Mediating Effects of Emotional Regulation Strategies Between College Students' Stress on Personal Relationship and Adaptation to College Life", The Graduate School of Hanyang University, 2016.
- Barrett, G. V., & Depinet, R. L., "A reconsideration of testing for competence rather than for intelligence", American Psychologist, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 1012, 1991. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.46.10.1012 https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.46.10.1012
- McLagan,P.A.,"Competencies: The next generation," Training and Development, pp. 40-47, May, 1997.
- Spencer, L.M & Spencer, S.M., "Competence at Work ; Models for Superior Performance," John Wiley & Sons, New York, pp. 18-89, 1993.
- B. Y. Park, "A Study on the Concept and the Pedagogical Meaning of the Competency-based Dental Education: Based on the Competency Profile of ADEA(American Dental Education Association)", Korea Research for Vocational Education & Training, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 215-235, 2008.
- B. S. Rhee, J. Y. Choi, "Analyaing Influence on the Perceived development of core competencies of college students; A multilevel approach", The Journal of Korean Education, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 243-266, 2008.
- D. I. Kim, H. S. Oh, Y. S. Song, E. Y. Koh, S. M. Park, E. H. Jung, "Exploring students' core competencies in higher education from professors' perspectives": A case study of Seoul National University, Asian Journal of Education, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 195-214, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2009.10.2.007
- M. S. Jin, Y. M. Sohn, H. J. Chu, "A Study on Development Plan of K-CESA for College Education Assessment", The Journal of Educational Administration, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 461-486, 2011.
- S. T. Kim, "A Study on the Performance Evaluation System for Key Competencies of University Students", Korean Public Administration Quaaterly, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 599-628, 2009.
- E. W. Lee, "Development of Teaching and Learning Model for the Key Competencies Education in the University", Journal of fisheries and marine science education, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 763-780, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2012.24.6.763
- J. I. Lee, J. H. Kim, "A Study on the Relationship between College Students' Essential Skills and Academic Achievement", The Jouranal of Vocational Education Research, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 227-246, 2012.
- M. A. Han, "A study on the relationship between reading activities and core competencies in college students", The Graduate School of Catholic University, 2012.
- P. G. Baek, "A Study on the Relationships and Characteristics between Korean Collegiate Essential Skills and Undergraduates' Individual Variant Factors", Korean Journal of General Education, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 349-387, 2013.
- S. J. Lee, S. J. Lee, "A New Direction of Undergraduate General Education : Through a Case Study of Competence-based Education" , Korean Journal of General Education, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 11-42, 2012.
- Manz, C. C., "Self-leadership: Toward an expanded theory of self-influence processes in organizations", Academy of Management review, 11(3), 585-600, 1986. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/258312 https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1986.4306232
- S. Y. Lee, T. E. Shim, 3 Step leadership, Jung-min-sa, pp. pp. 71-74, 2014.
- Y. G. Kim, "The research that self competency influences on the management by objective and the satisfaction of an university life", The Graduate School of Daejeon University, 2014.
- M. H. Yun, J. W. Kim, H. H. Kim, S. S. Park, "Evaluation of Industry-University Cooperation Internship Programs", Korean Society for the study of vocational education, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 183-206, 2007.
- E. M. Sung, H. J. Paik, S. H. Jin, "A Study on Measurement of Korean Youth Competency and International Comparative Study:IEA ICCS 2016", National Youth Policy Institute, pp. 1-369, 2014.
- S. G. Paik, D. I. Kim, M. R. Kim, H. S. Kim, Y. R. You, S. Park, S. W. Kim, M. R. Kim, "The Development of Standardized ICT Literacy Assessment for Secondary School Student", Asian Journal of Education, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 175-198, 2009. https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2009.10.1.008
- J. S. Lee, "Exploring Variables on Youth Leadership", Journal of educational research, vol. 20, pp. 151-174, 2006.
- C. S. Lee, Y. C. Choi, "A study of factor analysis on youth leadership skill", Youth behavior research, vol. 12, no. 12, pp1-14, 2007.
- Y. J. Bae, "How to Use the Journal Writing for the Improving of Learner Participation in University Lecture Room?", The Journal of Education Research , vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 73-91, 2013.
- K. Yang, "The Effectiveness of a College-Level Self-Management Course on Behavior Change by the Respective Behavior Type", Master's Thesis. The Graduate School of Yonsei University, 2013.