- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A study on awareness change after infection control education by dental hygiene students in Some areas
일부 치위생과 학생의 감염관리 교육 후 인식 변화에 관한 연구
- Son, Eun-Gyo (Department of Health Administration, Yonsei University) ;
- Jung, Hwa-Young (Department of dental Hygiene, Gangneung Yeongdong College)
- Received : 2017.04.10
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study examined the change in the students' perception of infection after school education. A self-reported questionnaire was filled out by 300 dental hygiene students in Kangwon from December 3 to December 4, 2016. The contents of the questionnaire included the general characteristics (5 items), infection-related selection (2 items), infection control recognition (5 items), and infection control behavior (10 items). The data were analyzed by frequency analysis, t-test, one way ANOVA, Chi-square test, and hierarchical multiple regression analysis using SPSS 24.0. The Cronbach's Alpha was 0.941 and 0.658, respectively. The school year and hospital practice experience had some influence on the change in infection recognition. A total of 127 students (62.6%) who had experience in practicing in hospitals knew more about antibodies. Hand washing was the highest in personal protection, followed by masks. The selection of the infectious control education method showed that the practical training class was high irrespective of the hospital practice experience, and the perceptions of patient-related infections were the greatest explanatory factor in perception after education.
Department of Dental Hygiene Students;Hand Washing;Infection control;Infectious education;Infection perception
- Lee J. Y., Jeong M. K., A Study on Recognition and Practice of Dental Hygiene Students for Infection Control. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 73-87, 2009.
- Moon S. E., Hong S. H., The Correlation of Dental Hygienist's Educational Experience in Infection Control with the Activity Ratio of Infection Control in Health Belief Model. J. Dent Hyg Sci, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 430-436, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.4.430 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.4.430
- Moon S. J., Ku I. Y., Research on Cognition of Infection Control by Dental Hygienics Student's in some Areas. J The korea vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 313-320, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.12.313
- Jun J. S., A study on the infection control awareness and practice of dental hygienists: Dental-medical center as a part of infection control certification[Master's thesis]. Gyeongsangbuk-do: Univ. of Yeungnam, 2015.
- Kim K. M., Kang J. K., The study on the stress coping method of the dept. dental hygiene by the personality type, J. Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 101-116, 2003.
- Jung Y. K., Infection control capability of dental hygienist according to accreditation status of dental health organization [Master's thesis]. Gyeongnam: Univ. of Inje, 2016.
- Kim C. S., Cheon S. H., Cho M. S., The relationship between the personality types and satisfaction of education in dental hygiene students, J. Korean Soc Dent Hyg, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 943-949, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.943 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.943
- Jang K. A., Park J. H., Factors Influencing Infection Control Awareness and Implementation Levels among Dental Hygienists, J Korean Soc DentHyg, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 183-192. 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.2.183
- Park J. H., Heo N. S., Song H. J., A study of current infection control by dental hygienists and related. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 993-1003, 2011.
- Han OS, Lee JR.. Research Article : A Study on Awareness and Degree of Practice about Infection Control by Dental Hygienics Student's in Some Ares. J Dent Hyg Sci, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 410-417, 2013.
- Choi EM, Effect of patient safety culture perception of dental hygienists on infection control activities in dental settings[Master's thesis], Changwon: Univ. of Yonsel, 2015.
- Lee YH, Lee YM, Kim DK. The relationship between Pers nality Types and the Academic Achievement levels of Dental Students.J Korean Assoc Hum Dev, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 179-196, 2009.
- Han HS, Won YS. An analysis of the results of MBTI for the dental hygiene stufents of a region Jeonlado and Gangneung. J Dent Hyg Sci, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 25-30, 2007.
- Bae M. R., Chun J. H., Lee J. H., Analysis of Selection Criteria of Consumers for Dental Clinic. J Korea Cont Assoc, vol. 13, no. 13, pp. 271-277, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.271 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.271
- Kim H. N., Bae S. S., Noh H. J., Relationship between knowledge and infection control behavior about Hepatitis B patient in health care-related majors. J Korea Soc School Heal Edu, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 45-53, 2012.
- Lee Y. K., Kim S. D., Current conditions regarding dental infection management recognition of students in the department of dental hygiene, J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Educ, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 468-478, 2009.
- Kim J. H., Kim J. K., Infection control among dental hygienis, J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 547-556, 2011.
- Eom S, Kim GW. Infection control realities and relevant factors in dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 379-389, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.2.379 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.2.379