- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Professionalism Awareness and Occupational Stress on Teacher and Child Interactions in Early Childhood Teachers
유아교사의 전문성 인식과 직무스트레스가 교사와 유아 간 상호작용에 미치는 영향
- KU, JAYOUNG (Paichai University Kindergarten, Paichai University Early Childhood Education)
- 구자영 (배재대학교 부속유치원, 배재대학교 유아교육과)
- Received : 2017.03.06
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
The Quality of Early Childhood Teachers has recently become More Important as the Amount of Time Spent by Early Childhood Educational Institutions Increases. The Purpose of this Study was to Investigate the Effects of Professionalism Awareness and Occupational Stress on Teacher and Child Interactions in Early Childhood Teachers. The Questionnaires were Distributed to 150 teachers in 30 Early Childhood Education Centers and 134 completed Questionnaires were Collected and Analyzed Using SPSS 18.0 Program. The Results of this Study are as Follows. First, the Lack of Leadership and Administrative Support Adversely Affects Teacher's Professionalism Awareness. Behavior Interaction and Verbal Interaction among Teachers and Children are Influenced by Emotional Interaction. Second, analysis of the Influence of Professionalism Awareness and Occupational Stress on Emotional Interaction of Early Childhood Teachers revealed that Among the Sub-factors of Professional Awareness, the Variables of Work Ethics, Professional Knowledge and Technical Requirements Positively Influenced Affective, Emotional, Verbal, and Behavioral Interactions.
Early Childhood Teacher;Occupational Stress;Professionalism Awareness;Teacher and Child Interactions;Regression Analysis
- H. Y. Lee, Evaluation of Teacher Training Institute to Guarantee Teacher Quality, The Korean Society for Early Childhood Education and Care, 2008.
- J. H. Seo, S. H. Cho, K. H. Song, T. J. Heo, M. Y. Kim, Expansion Plan of Teacher Welfare System to Improve the Quality of Education, The Korean Federation of Teachers' Associations, Research of Policy 79, 1996
- Abidin, R. R., Seward, C., & Boesen C, Teacher-Student Interaction as Predicted by Teaching Stress and Perceived Quality of the Student-Teacher Relationship, ERIC-CASS, 1997.
- B. K. Cho, A Study on the Relationship between Early Childhood Teachers' Professionalism of the Teaching Profession and Concerns, Korea National University of Education Faculty Forum, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 131-161, 1994.
- H. J. Yu, M. H. Lee, An Analysis on the Job Environment and Working Conditions of the Day Care Teachers, Korean Women's Development Institute, 2004.
- Saracho, O. N. & Spodek, B, Professionalism and the Preparation of Early Childhood Education Practitioners, Early Child Development and Care, vol. 89, pp. 1-17, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/0300443930890101 https://doi.org/10.1080/0300443930890101
- H. Y. Shin, Effects of Teachers' Job Stress and Belief of Efficacy on the Quality of Teachers' Interaction Behaviors in Child Care, Yonsei University, 2005.
- Lindsay, P. & Lindsay, C. H, Teachers in Preschools and Childcare Centers : Overlooked and Overvalued, Child and Youth Care Quarterly, vol. 16, no. 2, 1984.
- E. H. Choi, A Survey on the Job Satisfactions of Kindergarten Teachers, Korean Society for Child Education, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 51-68, 1997.
- B. Y. Cho, Y. M. Go, G. H. Park, The Influence of Self-concept on Kindergarten Teachers' Job Satisfaction, Korean Association of Child Studies, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 81-94, 2003.
- Beehr, T. A., & Newman, J. E., Job Stress, Employee Health, and Organizational Effectiveness; A Facet Analysis, Model, and Literature Review, Personnel Psychology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 665-699, 1978. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1978.tb02118.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1978.tb02118.x
- K. S. Kim, K. M. Koh, K. S. Kim, Structural Model Analysis on the Influence of Work Environment and Work Satisfaction on the Quality of Work Life of Childhood Education Teachers, The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 251-268, 2014.
- H. Y. Min, M. J. Yoon, According to the Age a Study Job Stress and Job Satisfaction for Childcare Teachers, Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 147-168, 2011.
- B. M. Kim, H. I. Hwang, A Study on Work -Related Stress of Private-Kindergarten Director, The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 159-180, 2010.
- J. H. Kim, H. H. Goh, A Study on the Work-Related Stress of Teachers, Seoul; Baeyoungsa, 1994.
- B. H. Kim, Teachers-Children Correlation According to Quality Level of Kindergarten's Educational Environment, Soongsil University, 2004.
- S. Y. Ahn, The Teacher-Child Interaction and the Child-Peer Interaction in Free Play Time, Ewha University, 2000.
- M. A. Choi, A Study of Teachers' Job Satisfaction and the Mutual Interaction between Teachers and Children in the Kindergartens, Ewha University, 2000.
- S. O. Jeon, Children's Behavior According to the Quality of Teacher-Child Interaction and Physical Environment of the Kindergarten, Ewha University, 1989.
- H. J. Park, A Development of Learning Readiness Test for Preschoolers, Korean Educational Development Institute, vol. 9, no. 1-46, pp. 42, 1987.
- Lindsay, P. & Lindsay, C. H., Teachers in Preschools and Child Care Centers: Overlooked and Undervalued. Child andYouth Care Quarterly, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 91-105, 1987. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01083974 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01083974
- U. J. Cho, The Study of the Child Care Teacher's Professional Recognition, Job Satisfaction and Life Satisfaction, Chungang University, 2012.
- U. H. Lee, G. S. Lee, Assessment Scale for Early Childhood Education Programs: Instruction Manual for Teachers. Seoul; Changjisa, 1996.
- J. S. Lee, Interaction between a Teacher and Children Depending on Teaching Experience and Children's age, Keimyung University, 2003.
- H. J. Park, Early Childhood Education in Korea, Seoul; Kyohaksa, 1989.
- J. A. Ohm, H. J. Kim, The Teacher-Child Interaction according to The Full-day Kindergarten Teacher Occupational Stress, The Journal of Early Childhood Education, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 75-101, 2005.
- S. R. Lee, A Study on the Teacher-Child Interaction Related to the Early Childhood Teacher's Professional Recognition, The Korea Society for Children's Media, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 221-239, 2013.