- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluations of Swaging Process for Rotor Core of Induction Motors II
유도전동기 회전자 제작시 압입작업 평가 II
- Park, Sang-Chul (Department of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, Koje College)
- 박상철 (거제대학교 조선해양공학과)
- Received : 2017.02.28
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study evaluated the displacements of a Cu bar in the Y-direction and the relationship between swaging pressures and total contact forces to increase the productivity of the rotor core swaging process. Elastic-plastic numerical analyses of four different Cu bar shapes were performed with a constant swaging pressure to evaluate the displacements of the Cu bar in the Y-direction and the contact force distributions at the contact surfaces during the swaging process. Based on the numerical analysis results, the following conclusions were obtained. First, a simplified 2-dimensional cyclic symmetric analysis model was developed for the numerical analysis of the rotor core swaging process. Second, the final displacements of the Cu bar in the Y-direction were nearly the same as the change of the Cu bar size at a constant swaging pressure. Third, a linear relationship between the swaging pressures and the total contact forces, the so called resistance forces, was suggested.
Contact Force;Cu Bar;Displacement;Numerical Analysis;Pressure;Rotor Core;Swaging
- W. R. Finley, M. M. Hodowance, "Selection of Copper vs. Aluminum Rotors for Induction Motors", Internal Technical Report, 2004.
- S. C. Park, "Evaluations of Swaging Process for Rotor Core of Induction Motors", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 21-26, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.10.21
- Metal Handbook, vol. 1, 10th Edition, ASM, 1990.
- MARC Users' Manual, 2003.
- J. H. Park, J. H. Lee, "The Characteristic Analysis of Single Phase SRM Considering of Rotor types", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 4522-4528, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.11.4522 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.11.4522
- K. J. Oh, K. H. Kim, C. H. Park, S. J. Chung, Y. Y. Lee, "Formulation of Friction Forces in LM Ball Guides", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 199-206, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.2.199 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.2.199
- Roark's Formula for Stress and Strains, 6th Edition, McGraw-Hill, 1989.