- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Corrosion Analysis of Ni alloy according to the type of molten metal
용융아연도금욕에 적용되는 용탕에 따른 Ni합금의 부식성 분석
- Baek, Min-Sook (Center for practical Use of Rare Materials, Sunchon National University)
- 백민숙 (순천대학교 RIC센터)
- Received : 2017.03.21
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
Hot dip galvanizing in the steel plant is one of the most widely used methods for preventing the corrosion of steel materials including structures, steel sheets, and materials for industrial facilities. While hot dip galvanizing has the advantage of stability and economic feasibility, it has difficulty in repairing equipment and maintaining the facilities due to high-temperature oxidation caused by Zn Fume where molten zinc used in the open spaces. Currently, SM45C (carbon steel plate for mechanical structure, KS standard) is used for the equipment. If a part of the equipment is resistant to high temperature and Zn fume, it is expected to improve equipment life and performance. In this study, the manufactured Ni alloy was tested for its corrosion resistance against Zn fume when it was used in the hot dip galvanizing equipment in the steel plant. Two kinds of materials currently used in the equipment, new Ni alloy and Inconel(typical corrosion-resistant Ni alloy), were selected as the reference groups. Two kinds of molten metal were used to confirm the corrosion of each alloy according to the molten metal. Zn fume was generated by bubbling Ar gas from molten Zn in a furnace(
Corrosion;Hot-dip galvanizing equipment;Ni alloy;Potentiodynamic polarization test;Zn fume
Supported by : 순천대학교
- T. S. Shin, Journal of the Architectural and urban Institute, 1, pp. 93-100, 2002.
- M. Donachie, S. Donachie, Superalloys A Technical Guide, Second Edition, ASM International, U.S.A. pp. 11-39, 2001.
- Kenneth A.Green, Superalloys 2004, TMS, U.S.A. p. 15-115, 2004.
- J. R. Davis, Nickel Cobalt and Their Alloys, ASM International, U.S.A., p. 3-6, 30, 127-137, 2000.
- M. Morinaga and S. Kamado, Modelling Simul, Mater.Sci Eng, 1, p. 151, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/0965-0393/1/2/004
- N. Morinaga, N. Yukawa, Computer aided innovation of new materials, 803, 1991.
- K. T. Oh, H. M. Sim, C. J. Hwang, K. N. Kim, J. Korean Soc. Dent. Mater 29, 3, p. 221, 2002.
- J. H. Han, K. H. Lee, M. C. Shin, analytical sci. Technol. 9, 2, p. 192, 1996.