- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
End of life care stress and Nursing Work Environment in Geriatric Hospitals Nurses affect burn out
요양병원 간호사의 임종간호스트레스와 간호근무환경이 소진에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Ji-Hyean (College of Nursing, Kosin University) ;
- Park, Jung-Suk (College of Nursing, Kosin University)
- Received : 2017.02.24
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This research is a descriptive correlation research for comprehending the end of life care stresses, work environment, and reduction of nurses in geriatric hospitals and analyzing the factors influencing their burnout. We recruited 195 nurses from 8 geriatric hospitals in B metropolitan city and collected data on the end of life care stress, work environment and reduction using organized questionnaires. The data were analyzed with SPSS WIN 21.0 program. The average grade of end life care stress was
Burn out;End of life care stress;Geriatric hospital;Nurse;Nursing work environment
- Korean Statistical Information Service, 2014[Internet], http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblId=DT_1B01003&vw_cd=MT_ZTITLE&list_id=A41_20&seqNo=&lang_mode=ko&language=kor&obj_var_id=&itm_ id=&conn_path=E1#(Accessed February 1, 2017)
- Korean Statistical Information Service, 2016[Internet], http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=354&tblId=DT_HIRA43&vw_cd=MT_ZTITLE&list_id=354_MT_DTITLE&seqNo=&lang_mode=ko&language=kor&obj_var_id=&itm_id=&conn_path=E1(Accessed February 1, 2017)
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation[Internet], Medical Law, Cited February 3, 2017,Available From:http://www.law.go.kr/lsSc.do?menuId=0&subMenu=1&query=%EC%9D%98%EB%A3%8C%EB%B2%95%20#AJAX. (Accessed February 1, 2017)
- J. W. Park, E. J. Choi, "Factors Influencing Job Satisfaction of Nurses Working in Long-term Care Hospitals", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol. 16, No. 11, pp. 7403-7413, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7403
- B. J. Byun, S. H, Chang, J. H. Chang, "Factors affecting the exhaustion of the nurse in the senior hospital", Journal of the korean Academy of Health and Welfare for Elderly. Vol. 5, No.1, pp. 105-119. 2013.
- J. S. Choi, S. M. Park, "Comparison of Job Stress, Hardness, and Burnout of Nurses between Advanced general Hospitals and general Hospitals" The Korea contents Society. Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 251-259, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.03.251 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.03.251
- M. Y. Lee, "End-of-life Care Stress and Strategies of Coping and Relief among Nurses", Graduate school of Hanyang University, Seoul, 2012.
- Y. C. Cho, "Emergency Nurses' Perception of Death and Terminal care Attitude", Graduate school of Ajou University, Suwon, 2011.
- J. H. Kim, H. K. Lee, "Cancer Unit Nurses' End-of-Life Care-Related Stress, Understanding and Training Needs", The Korea Journal of hospice and palliative care Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 205-211, 2012.
- J. H. Yang, S. R. Shin, "A study of Relationship between Death Perception, Spiritual Well Being and Terminal Care Stress of Geriatric Hospital Nurses", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp, 510-520. 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.6.510
- H. S. Kim, "End-of-Life Care Stress, Spiritual Well-Being and Burnout among Critical Care Nurses", Graduate school of Catholic University, Seoul, 2014.
- J. Kwon, Determinants of satisfaction in Geriatric hospitals: based upon the consumption value model [dissertation], Kyungwon University, Seongnam, 2010.
- S. H. Lim, A. R. Shin, The dignified dying for the elderly in geriatric hospital. Social Science Research Review, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp.93-115, 2012.
- S. H. Park, J. Y. Kang, "Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the Korean Nursing Work Environment Scale", Journal of Korean critical care nursing, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 50-61. 2015.
- J. I. Yu, "Effects of Nursing Work Environment, Job Stress and Burnout on Turnover Intention in Clinical Nurses", Graduate school of Korea National Universty of Transportation, Chungju, 2015.
- E. H. Cho, Mona. Choi, E. Y, Kim, E. Y. Yoo, N. J. Lee, "Construct Validity and Reliability of the Korean Version of the Practice Environment Scale of Nursing Work Index for Korean Nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 325-332. 2011. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.3.325 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.3.325
- Y. O. Lee, "A Study of Cancer Unit Nurses' Stress from Bereavement Support", Graduate school of Kyung Hee University, Seoul, 2004.
- E. M. An, "The Relationship between Emotional labor, Burnout, Job satisfaction of Nurse at Long term care hospital", Graduate school of Ajou University, Suwon, 2013
- B. S. Park, "The influence of nursing workers' in elderly long term care hospitals job stress and social support on exhaustion", Graduate school of Seoul Christian University, Seoul, 2013.
- H. J. Kim, H. R. Lee, S. O. Choi, "Resilience to Burnout, Self-esteem and Turnover Intention of Nurses in Long-Term Care Hospitals", Journal of Korean Gerontological nurs, vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 218-228, 2013.
- A. M. Pines, E. Aronson, D. Kafry, "Burnout: From Tedium to Personal Growth", New York: The Free Press, 1981.
- E. H. Peek, "A study of the correlation between burnout and job satisfaction levels among nurses", Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 1982.
- K. D. Kim, "Relationships Between Job Stress, Burnout and Job Satisfaction Among Nurses Working in Oncology Units" Graduate school of Kosin university. Busan, 2011.
- D. S. Byun, Y. H. Yom, "Factors Affecting the Burnout of Clinical Nurses : Focused on Emotional Labor", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 444-454, 2009.
- J. S. Park, T. Y. Jung, "Development and Validation of religiosity scale in Korea" Korean Association for Religious Studies. Vol. 62, No. 2011, pp.41-69, 2011.
- H. J. Choi, "Comparison of Health Conditions, Sleeping Condition, Job Satisfaction, Burn-out and Commitment to organization job between Nurses Working only during Day and Those Working in Shift" Graduate school of Kyung Hee University. Seoul, 2008.
- H. R. Kim, "Attitude towards Death, Stress and Attitude on the Terminal Care among Medical Ward Nurses with Terminal Experience" Graduate school of Cathoric University, Busan, 2014.
- S. Y. Chung, "A study on terminal care stress and terminal care performance of ICU nurse", Graduate school of Hanyang University, Seoul, 2013.
- H. J. Jung, J. Y. Kang, "Critical Care Nursing Work Environment and Family Satisfaction", Journal of Korean critical care nursing. Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 58-67, 2014.