- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Investigating the pre-service early childhood teachers' experience of making teaching materials
예비유아교사들의 교재교구 제작 경험 탐색
- Park, Ji-Sun (Division of Early Childhood Education, Mokwon university)
- 박지선 (목원대학교 유아교육과)
- Received : 2017.03.03
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study examined the process, difficulties and understanding of making teaching materials by investigating the pre-service early childhood teachers' experience of making such materials. The results of the study would help in the design direction and methods of education for pre-service teachers in how to make materials. A total of 30 university students, who took the course of 'Early Childhood Educational Materials and Research Method' in B university, participated in the study. At the exploration stage, the pre-service teachers utilized the teacher guidance of Nuri curriculum, major books, internet materials, and their observation experiences in kindergartens. At the planning stage, they considered chiefly the children's interest and level, explored materials sufficiently, and selected the production method carefully. At the production stage, they performed basic hard work to prevent rework and tended to stick to the basics beyond their initial ambition as the work progressed. The difficulties that they faced, feeling pressured, were making materials based on their imagination without experiencing much from the infants, feeling embarrassed when things did not progress as planned, and feeling a sense of loss when comparing with other friends. Through these difficulties, the importance of precise planning, executing the process thoroughly, and repeatedly checking and reviewing the entire process of making textbooks and materials were realized. In addition, there is a need to search for a better development direction for the effective development of teaching textbooks and materials.
Pre-service early childhood teacher;Making;Teaching materials;Experience;difficulty
- M. K. Park, J. A. Um, "Significance of play material experienced by children during free-choice activity time", Journal of Early Childhood Education, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 325-349, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2010.30.5.015 https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2010.30.5.015
- S. R. Jung, M. J. Park, H. S. Park, K. R, Kim, Research and Guide for Teaching Textbook, Gongdongchae, 2010.
- M. S. Choi, E. O. Ki, W. S. Jang, "Young children's social interactions according to the complexity of play materials and the period of play for outdoor stand play", Journal of Eco-Early Childhood Education, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 87-109, 2012.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Nuri Curriculum Teacher Guide for 3-5 aged Children, 2013.
- National Institute of Korean Language, Standard Dictionary of Korean Language, Available From: http://stdweb2.korean.go.kr/. (accessed Feb. 1, 2017)
- Y. H. Jung, Research and Teaching Textbook of Children, Changjisa, 2016.
- J. S. Kim, J. A. Park, J. M. Kim, A Study on Quality Management of Teaqching Materials and Tools for Kindergartens, Korea Institute of Child Care and Education, 2014.
- G. S. Kim, "The outlook and challenges of teaching and learning material industry", Journal of Korea Academia- Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 81-85, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.81 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.81
- J. W. Kim, Y. S. Kim, H. M. Park, Research and Guide for Teaching Textbook and Tools for Infant and Children, Yangseowon, 2005.
- D. G. Lee, R. G. Park, "A study on the actual condition of pay materials in kindergarten by age, theme and interest center", The Journal of Humanities, 22, pp. 131-160, 2005.
- H. J. Cho, D. G. Lee, "Meaning of simulated instruction on the preservice early childhood teacher", Journal of Children's Literature Education, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 567-587, 2012.
- H. J. Cho, D. G. Lee, "Using ASSURE Model theory to develop a simulated instruction model for early childhood teacher training", Journal of Early Childhood Education, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 83-106, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2013.33.3.004 https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2013.33.3.004
- J. S. Jo, D. G. Lee, Research and Guide for Teaching Textbook, KNOUPRESS, 2002.
- E. S. Shin, H. K. Park, "The effect of constructive play using block area materials on the children's spacial perspective-taking ability", Duksung Journal of Social Science, 12, pp. 11-132, 2007.
- H. K. Park, "The effect of art activity using clay on the children's emotional intelligence, The Korean Journal of Child Education and Care, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 229-247, 2012.
- Y. S. Kang, J. H. Park, " A study on the perception and need of Early Childhood Education field on authentication of teaching materials and implements for young children", Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 2793-800, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.793
- K. C. Kim, M. S. Lee, "The study on the development of accreditation system for instructional materials and equipment in Early Childhood Education", Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 2123-2133, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2123 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2123
- C. H. Kim, Y. Park, S. J. Yoon, "Design and implementation of teaching material and tools management program for kindergartens, The Korea Contents Society, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 201-215, 2006.
- Kim, Y. A., Lee, H. S. Creative Teaching Materials for Early Childhood Education Teachers. Changisa, 2015.
- Seo, H. H. Theory and Practice of Early Childhood Textbooks and Materials, Focused on the Nuri Curriculum. Dongmunsa, 2014.
- Lee, S. A., Lee, C. H., & Park, B. M. Study and Guide of Textbook and Materials of Standard Child Care Course and Nuri Curriculum. Seoul: Changisa, 2013.
- H. K. Kim, Research and Guide for Teaching Textbook, Gongdongchae, 2010.
- J. K. Kim, K. J. Lee, J. S. Jo, E. H. Han, Research and Guide for Teaching Textbook, Jungminsa, 2014.
- E. S. Na, E. O. Kim, H. K. Park, Y. I. Yu, J. M. Hong, Research and Guide for Teaching Textbook for Infant and Children, Yangseowon, 2013.
- Kim, Y. J., Kim, J. W. Study and Guide of Textbook and Materials of Infant & Child Education Curriculu, Seoul: Yangseowon, 2016.
- Marshall, C., & Rossman, G, B., Preservice teacher use of learning and instructional design principles. Educational Technology Research & Development, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 83-89, 1999.
- J. S. Kim, J. A. Park, "An analysis of the kindergarten learning materials for free choice activity and outdoor play: manufacture, purchase, and utilization", Journal of Early Childhood Education, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 143-163, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2015.35.2.007 https://doi.org/10.18023/kjece.2015.35.2.007
- D. K. Lee, S. G. Kim, "The Main Feature of Student Teachers' Teaching in Early Childhood Practicum". Early Childhood Education Research & Review, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 313-338, 2009.
- H. J. Cho, "Using ASSURE Model theory to develop a simulated instruction model for early childhood teacher training", Paichai University, 2014.
- J. H. Sung, T. I. Kim, "Analysis of Experience of Kindergarten Pre-Teachers' Lesson Plan Writing" Early Childhood Education Research & Review, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 449-477, 2013.
- B. S. Choi, "'A Study & Teaching Method on the Teaching Aids' Learnig Case by PBL". Journal of Educational Development, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 33-54, 2007.
- Stake, R. E., The art of case study research. Thousand Oaks; Sage Publication, 1995.