- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Management Performance and Efficiency of Medician Crop Farm - Mainly on Angelica dahurica and Bupleurum falcatum -
약용작물의 경영성과와 효율성 분석 -구릿대와 시호를 중심으로-
- Choi, Don-Woo (Gyongsangbuk-Do Agricultural Research & Extension Services) ;
- Lim, Cheong-Ryong (Rural Research Institute Korea Rural Community Corporation)
- Received : 2017.03.30
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study was conducted to provide improvement measures for Korea's medicinal crop farmers whose business has been severely damaged by imported medicinal herbs. To accomplish this, the performance and efficiency of farming Angelica dahurica and Bupleurum falcatum were analyzed. The results of the analysis can be summarized as follows. First, the farming households cultivating Angelica dahurica had an average revenue of 1,363,000 KRW per 10 acres. The average income per 10 acres was 500,000 KRW, and the income ratio was 36.7%. Second, the farming households cultivating Bupleurum falcatum had an average revenue of 1,705,000 KRW per 10 acres, with an average income per 10 acres of 873,000 KRW and an income ratio of 44.6%. Third, the farming households cultivating Angelica dahurica were found to have a technical efficiency of 0.790, a pure technical efficiency of 0.856, and a scale efficiency of 0.924. Fourth, the farming households cultivating Bupleurum falcatum were found to have a technical efficiency of 0.670, a pure technical efficiency of 0.794, and a scale efficiency of 0.844. Both Angelica dahurica and Bupleurum falcatum farming households showed relative differences in technical efficiency. The pure technical aspects, rather than the scale aspects, were shown to contribute more to the differences.
Management Performance;Angelica dahurica;Bupleurum falcatum;Efficiency Analysis;Data Envelopment Analysis
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- S. J. Hong, J. H. Park, "An Analysis on the Technical Efficiency of Garlic Farming in Korea," Journal of Agriculture & Life Sciences, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 59-67, 2008.
- J. T. Goh, H. M. Lee, "A Study on the Management Efficiency of Kangwon Paprika Export Farms Using DEA," Korean journal of food marketing economics, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 1-23, 2011.
- Q. L. Lin, J. W. Rhee, N. G. Hong, "An Analysis of Production Efficiency of Controlled Tomato Production," Korea Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 380-399, 2014.
- Rural Development Administration, Medicinal Crops, 2013.
- M. J. Farrell, "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency", Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, vol. 120, pp. 253-290, 1957. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/2343100 https://doi.org/10.2307/2343100
- C. A. K. Lovell, "Production Frontiers and Productive Efficiency", in Fried, H.O., C.A.K Lovell and S.S. Schmidt Eds. The Measurement of Productive Efficiency: Techniques and Applications, Oxford University Press, New York, 1993.
- K. R. Sharma, P. Leung, H. M. Zaleski, "Productive Efficiency of Swine Industry in Hawaii: Stochastic Frontier vs. Data Envelopment Analysis", Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 8, pp. 447-459, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007744327504 https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007744327504
- J. N. Heo, T. K. Kim, "A Comparison of Alternative Approaches to the Measurement of Technical Efficiency on Existing Outlier," Korea Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 683-702, 2001.
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, E. Rhodes, "Measuring Efficiency of Decision Making Unit", European Journal of Operations Research, vol. 2, pp. 429-444, 1978. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(78)90138-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(78)90138-8
- J. S. Roh, Y. S. Ahn, Y. K. Kim, S. H. Min, "Consumer's Perception for the Medicinal Crop and Processed Product", Korean journal of food marketing economics, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 29-51, 2012.
- J. S. Roh, Y. S. Ahn, K. H. Kim, "Evaluating the Priority of Policy in Medicinal Crop Industry by AHP Method," Korea Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 491-510, 2013.
- R. D. Banker, A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, "Models for the Estimation of Technical and Scale Efficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis", Management Science, vol. 30, pp. 1078-1092, 1984. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.30.9.1078 https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.30.9.1078