- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Minimum Weight Design of Built-up T Based on HCSR
HCSR 기반 T형 조립부재의 최소중량설계
- Shin, Sang-Hoon (Department of Aero Mechanical Engineering, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Ko, Dae-Eun (Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dong-Eui University)
- Received : 2017.01.31
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
In a conventional ship structure, stiffeners with an asymmetric section, such as inverted angles, are used widely despite the disadvantage of strength compared to the stiffeners with a symmetric section, such as a built-up T. On the other hand, T-type built-up members are attracting more attention than L-type inverted angles due to the increased size of ships. The purpose of this study was to develop an optimal design program for a built-up T, and apply an evolution strategy as an optimization technique. In the optimization process, the gross thickness concept was adopted for the design variables and objective function, and the constraints are set up based on HCSR (Harmonized Common Structural Rules). Using the developed program in this study, the optimal stiffener design was carried out for 300K VLCC and 158K COT of which the orders were obtained lately. The optimal results revealed the weight reduction effect of 144 tons and 60 tons, respectively.
Built-up T;Evolution strategy;HCSR;Minimum weight design;Weight reduction
- International Association of Classification Societies (IACS), Common Structural Rules for Bulk carriers, 2012.
- International Association of Classification Societies (IACS), Common Structural Rules for Double Hull Oil Tankers, 2012.
- International Association of Classification Societies (IACS), Common Structural Rules for Bulk Carrier and Oil Tankers, 2015.
- C. H. Sung and S. K. Lee, "Comparison Analysis on Requirement of Structural Members by Application of Harmonized Common Structural Rules", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 265-274, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2015.52.3.265 https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2015.52.3.265
- C. I. Park, S. Jeong, H. C. Song, S. S. Na, M. C. Park, S. H. Shin and J. Y. Lee, "Development of an Automated Design Algorithm for the Longitudinal Members of Oil Tankers based on H-CSR", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 503-513, 2015.
- S. J. Yim, Y. S. Yang and J. S. Lee, "On the Strength Analysis of the Stiffener with Asymmetric Cross Section", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 11-18, 1980.
- S. H. Shin, S. B. Hwang and D. E. Ko, "A Study on the Optimum Design of Cargo Tank for the LPG Carriers Considering Fabrication Cost", Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 178-182, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.2.178 https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2011.48.2.178
- H. P. Schwefel, Numerical Optimization of Computer Models, Wiley, Chichester, 1981.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search Optimization & Machine Learning, Addison Wesley, 1989.