- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of self esteem, dietary self-efficacy and life stress on dietary behavior of female nursing students
간호여대생의 자아존중감, 식이 자기효능감, 생활스트레스가 식행동에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Sook Hee (Department of Nursing, Youngsan University)
- 최숙희 (영산대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.03.29
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study was conducted to explore the degree of female nursing student's dietary behavior, self esteem, dietary self-efficacy, life stress and the factors influencing dietary behavior of those surveyed. A total of 422 female nursing students in B, C city were surveyed. The data were collected between May 15 and 30 of 2016 and analyzed by a t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, and multiple regression analysis using SPSS WIN/21.0. The mean score of dietary behavior was
Behavior;Dietary;Life stress;Self-efficacy;Self esteem
Supported by : 영산대학교
- A. N. Hyun, S. J. Yoon, "The relationship between stress and mental health status among college freshmen: mediating effects of parent- adolescent communication styles. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 403-428, 2012.
- M. S. Lee, C. S. Kwak, "The comparison in daily intake of nutrients, quality of diet and dietary habits between male and female college students in Daejeon", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 39-51, 2006.
- K. W. Kim, E. M. Shin, E. H. Moon, "A study fast food consumption, nutritional knowledge, food behavior and dietary intake of university students", Journal of the Korean Dietetic Association, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 13-24, 2004.
- Y. Ahn, H. M. Kim, K. W. Kim, "A study on weight control, nutritional knowledge, dietary attitudes and eating behaviors among high school female students", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 205-217, 2006.
- S. J. Chang, "A study on stress coping styles and mental health by college women's eating behavior", Unpublished Master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2000.
- K. N. Kim, Y. A. Back, J. S. Cho, "Relationship between stress level and dietary behavior among university students", Journal of Human Ecology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 217-227, 2009.
- M. Zrinyi, M. Juhasz, J. Balla, E. Katona, T. Ben, G. Kakuk, et al, "Dietary self-efficacy: determinant of compliance behaviors and biochemical outcomes in haemodialysis patients", Nephrol Dial Transplat, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1869-1873, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gfg307 https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gfg307
- J. W. Yun, "Effects of nutritional knowledge, dietary attitudes and dietary self-efficacy on the nutritional status of high school students", Unpublished Master's thesis, Kosin University, Busan, 2002.
- H. J. Nam, S. M. Lee, H. R. Park, "An ecological study on dietary behaviors by the degree of stress among female college students in Su won", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 199-122, 2002.
- Y. J. Son, E. Y. Choi, Y. A. Song, "The relationship between stress and depression in nursing college students", The Korean Journal of Stress Research, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 345-351, 2010.
- E. H, Park, H. K. Jung, Y. A. Kim, "Dietary behavior of university students in Incheon area according to the residence types", The East Asian Society of Dietary Life, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 909-920, 2009.
- M. H. Gang, "Relationship between eating behavior and self-esteem of college nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 126-134, 2010.
- B. K. Mendelson, L. Mclaren, L. Gauvin, H. Steiger, "The relationship of self-esteem and body esteem in women with and without eating disorders. Intern Journal Eating Disorder, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 318-323, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/eat.10011 https://doi.org/10.1002/eat.10011
- M. O. Gu, J. S. Yu, I. K. Kweon, H. W. Kim, E. O. Lee, "A review of research on self efficacy theory applied to health related behavior", Journal of the Korean Academic of Nursing, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 278-301, 1994.
- H. S. Son, "Nutritional knowledge, dietary habits and dietary self-efficacy of childcare major students in Daegu", The East Asian Society of Dietary Life, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 14-23, 2011.
- J. Y. Cho, J. C. Song, "Dietary behavior, health status, and perceived stress of university students", The Korean Journal of Food and Nutrition, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 476-486, 2007.
- M. S. Park, K. A. Park, "The differences of dietary and health-related habits, depression, eating disorder and nutrient intake according to the life stress in nursing college students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 344-355, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.344 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.344
- O. S. Lee, M. O. Gu, "The relationship between emotional intelligence and communication skill, clinical competence & clinical practice stress in nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 2749-2759, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2749 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.6.2749
- E. K. Byun, "Effects of dietary self-efficacy, dietary attitude and life stress on depression of female nursing students", Keimyung Journal of Nursing Science, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 69-78, 2017.
- E. K. Byun, M. Y. Kim, "Factors influencing dietary behavior in nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 81-88, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2016.25.2.81 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2016.25.2.81
- M. Y. Kim, D. Y. Jung, H. J. Park, "A study on perceived stress and dietary habits of female college students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 181-188, 2008.
- B. J. Jeon, "Self-esteem : a test of it's measurability", Yonsei University Journal, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 107-124. 1974.
- S. J. Choi, "Dietary self-efficacy and physical activity self-efficacy among elementary school children", Unpublished Master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul, 1998.
- S. E. Son, H. S. Kim, J. M. Kim, "Relationship among dietary self-efficacy, social support, depression, and weight-control behavior of children and adolescents", Korean Journal of Community Living Science, vol. 25, no. 4. pp. 473-486, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2014.25.4.473 https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2014.25.4.473
- M. J. Sung, K. J. Chang, "Correlations among life stress, dietary behaviors and food choice of college students", The East Asian Society of Dietary Life, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 655-662, 2006.
- K. E. Song, J. S. Park, "Eating habit, trend of disordered eating, weight reduction practice and body size evaluation of college students in Seoul", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 457-466, 2003.
- K. H. Kim, "A study of dietary habits, the nutritional knowledge and the consumption patterns of convenience foods of university students in Gwangju area", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 181-191, 2003.
- M. S. Ko, "The comparison in daily intake of nutrients and dietary habits of college students in Busan", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 259-271, 2007.
- C. N. Melissa, L. Katherine, S. Marry, E. Ehlinger, "Alcohol use eating pattern and weight behavior in a university population", American Journal of Health Behavior, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 227-237, 2009.
- R. H. Hwang, "A study on eating disorder, body image and self-esteem of female university students", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, vol. 15. no. 4, pp. 328-335, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.4.328 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.4.328
- H. O. Hong, J. S. Lee, "Survey on Korean food preference of college students in Seoul-focused on the staple food and snack-", Journal of Nutrition and Health, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 699-706, 2006.
- Y. S. Park, B. K. Lee, B. S. Lee, "The caloric intake status and the eating habits in college male students living alone or sharing accommodation with friends", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 280-287, 2003.
- C. H. Yu, J. S. Lee, "A study on the nutritional status according to body mass index in Korean college women", Journal of Nutrition and Health, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 899-907, 2004.
- J. Polivy, & C. P. Herman, "Causes of eating disorders", Annual Review of Psychology, vol. 53, pp. 187-213, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.53.100901.135103 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.53.100901.135103
- J. E. Lee, H. R. Park, "Body-related attitude, self esteem and eating attitude in undergraduate students", Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatry Mental Health Nursing, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 603-611, 2003,
- Rosenberg, M. "Society and the adolescent self-image", Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. 1965. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/9781400876136
- D. J. Jung, "Influence of weight control behavior, body image, self-esteem, health promotion behavior and mental health promotion behavior in university female students by BMI", Exercise Science, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 365-376, 2006.