- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Smart Network Utilizing the Data Localization for the Internet of Things
사물 인터넷을 위한 데이터 지역화를 제공하는 스마트 네트워크에 관한 연구
- Kang, Mi-Young (Department of Computer Information and Communication Engineering, Chonnam National University) ;
- Nam, Ji-Seung (Department of Electronic Computer Engineering, Chonnam National University)
- Received : 2016.10.27
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
Traffic can be localized by reducing the traffic load on the physical network by causing traffic to be generated at the end of the packet network. By localizing traffic, the IoT-based sensitive data-related security issues can be supported effectively. In addition, it can be applied effectively to the next-generation smart network environment without changing the existing network infrastructure. In this paper, a content priority scheme was applied to smart network-based IoT data. The IoT contents were localized to efficiently pinpoint the flow of traffic on the network to enable smart forwarding. In addition, research was conducted to determine the effective network traffic routes through content localization. Through this study, the network load was reduced. In addition, it is a network structure that can guarantee user quality. In addition, it proved that the IoT service can be accommodated effectively in a smart network-based environment.
CCN;Data Localization;Internet of Things;Smart Network;Smart Forwarding
- Cisco, "Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2013-2018," Cisco VNI White Paper, Feb. 2014.
- Park, C., Lee, Y., Joo, Y., "An Implementation of Smart Network for High-Quality Media Contents Delivery, The Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Societies," vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 85-91, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13067/jkiecs.2013.8.1.085
- S. Banerjee, B. Bhattacharjee, C. Kommareddy, "Scalable Application Layer Multicast," ACM SIGCOMM '02, Aug. 2002.
- Ken Kerpez(Telcordia), "Bandwidth Reduction via Localized Peer-to-Peer(P2P) Video," IEEE NGSON contribution, P1903_2008_0092, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2010/562832
- V. Jacobson et al., "Networking Named Content," Proc. ACM CoNEXT 2009, pp. 1-12, Dec. 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/1658939.1658941
- Yoon, S., Song, H., Lee, B., Lee, S., "R&D on Smart Node Technology," 2012 Electronics and Telecommunication Trends, pp. 110-119, 2012.
- G. Bartolomeo, T. Kovacikova, Identification and Management of Distributed Data, CRC Press, New York, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1201/b14966
- James Manyika, Michael Chui, Jacques Bughin, Richard Dobbs, Peter Bisson, Alex Marrs, Disruptive technologies: Advances that will transform life, business, and the global economy, Mckinsey Global Institute, 2013.